Player

Participation Prize for the shield contest (Levigated Rock ×11)

Did anybody get their Levigated Rock ×11 participation prize from the shield design contest yet? Contest rules say (Prizes will be awarded within two weeks after winners are announced unless stated otherwise) and I haven't received mine yet. Anyone else get theirs yet?

Also curious as to why the shield I made and sent in wasn't in this page:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/36061-Presenting-Entrants-to-the-Shield-Design-Contest!

Far as I know, all entrants were shown in there, but mine wasn't.

This is the crappy shield I sent in, I know it's not great, but what can I say, I love WarMECH and I suck at art. lol WarMECH was the first NM in the FF series, so it felt appropriate.

Here is the entrance email I sent to ffxi_contest@square-enix.com on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM, subject line: Shield Design Contest (NA)

Required information:

Square Enix ID - (I erased for this forum post)
    Character Name - Avie
    World Name - Valefor
    Nickname (max. 40 characters) - Avie
    Entry title (max. 50 characters) - Notorious Monster Hunter Shield
    Personal comment or caption for your entry (max. 100 characters) - Increases Rare/Ex Notorious Monster item drop rate by 25%, stacks on top of Treasure Hunter
    Prizes you wish to receive

One of the following:
    Town Mog. Shield

One of the following:
    Ark Saber
    (0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    The rules stated that the shield had to be themed on Final Fantasy XI, not Final Fantasy as a series.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    The rules stated that the shield had to be themed on Final Fantasy XI, not Final Fantasy as a series.
    I thought about that before I posted, but there are 2 shields in http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Design-Contest! that are not FFXI related and they made it in there.

The first is Crystal Shield by Saronia

All this is a direct sprite rip from Final Fantasy III and just pasted on the template. That crystal doesn't function like the FFXI ones and is more a generic FF shield instead of a FFXI shield.

The second is Back to your Root from MoosiferX

That uses a sprite ripped directly from Final Fantasy VI. That has nothing to do with FFXI and yet it made it on there. Even the name signifies that it isn't about FFXI.

So if those two are allowed then it's because FFXI uses crystals and moogles, so they allowed it. So mine should be allowed too because in Japan, WarMECH is called Death Machine, but in 1990 when FF1 was released in the USA for the first time, Nintendo had some concerns and somethings were changed (like the symbol on top of churches and the sprite of the floating eye mob) and one of those changes was the word death in Death Machine, which was renamed to Warmachine but that couldn't fit in the enemy name line, so it was shortened to WarMECH. Warmachine is in FFXI, both as an NPC and as mobs:

So it being a sprite from FF1 shouldn't be a problem since a FF3 and a FF6 shield were accepted and since the concept of WarMECH was brought over to FFXI as a mob/npc and since WarMECH was the inspiration for Omega in FF5, which is in FFXI as well, plus WarMECH is a NM, I don't see how the shield isn't somewhat connect to FFXI in the same way that those 2 other shields are somewhat connected to FFXI.

As for the shield needing to be themed on FFXI, it is, the theme is Notorious Monster Hunter Shield, doesn't get more FFXI than that.

It just seems like I was singled out and they found any reason to not let me participate, most likely because I've complained a lot about not letting both my wife and I enter the online contests, since we share one Square-Enix Account (with 3 separate paid PlayOnline accounts in it, $55 a month) because a PlayOnline employee recommended (when I called PlayOnline asking info about the security token right when it was released) that my wife and I share one Square-Enix account to only use 1 security token. Ever since then only 1 of us can participate per online contest and 4 phone calls and 1 SGM conversation told me to post on the forums about it to get help and I have never gotten any help from posting. SE says we can't separate the accounts (of which they wouldn't have been combined if not for the recommendation of a PlayOnline employee.) PlayOnline really needs better customer service, especially with so many leaving for FFXIV or other games (not to mention the tons that have already left FFXI.) Seems wiser to treat their paying customers better, why chase business away by ignoring legit concerns from customers or at the very least fix the problems that were caused by a PlayOnline employee giving a customer horrible advice. I still don't see why one of us has to be excluded from online contests because I listened to, and did exactly, what a PlayOnline employee told me to do.

FFXIV needs to be released sooner so I can finally move over to a FF Online game that has a different staff (one that has been proven to listen to and RESPOND to it's customers, instead of giving customers bad advice then ignoring the customer when the bad advice bites the customers on the ass.) What's even funnier is that the contest rules say 1 entry per person, we are two people, so we are within the entry rules, yet they still deny the 2nd person entry (which, according to my lawyer neighbor, is against the law in the USA since we are both within the contest rules, but whatever.)

I entered the summer comic contest, my money's on them not sending me the participation prize on that too. Let me guess, my entry wasn't summer enough or more realistically there won't be a reason yet I won't get my participation prize (just like I didn't get my Wastebasket participation prize from a previous contest as well.) I don't know why they hate a paying member that has played since the game was released and has brought a few RL friends into FFXI, of whom they still play FFXI. I give PlayOnline lots of love and they keep responding with many kicks to the balls, what's up with that?

I made a reasonable and logical argument as to why my shield should have been included, citing specific examples. I bet you any amount of gil that there will be no response from anyone that works for PlayOnline, since anything I've ever said to them has fallen on deaf ears.
    (1)
    Last edited by Apie; 08-02-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    I thought about that before I posted, but there are 2 shields in http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Design-Contest! that are not FFXI related and they made it in there.
    They're probably JP and you are not. It is landing on deaf ears.
    (1)