Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Turning off Geo effects?

I've noticed that they have added filters for the self-based spells but not the lupon spells. I have epilepsy and I can't be anywhere near a geo's lupon without going down. I've seen other threads about others becoming sick and I like the ring idea. A ring around the player and a colored dot apropiate to the spells element and a ring for the lupons.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 07-31-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In the august version update, they will be modifying the animation of geocolure effects to be less visible and fluxuating. Uncertain if this will be toggled or standard. Wouldnt mind standard. High intensive effects help no one.
    (0)

Player
    It isn't possible to do anything right now, but here is the change that is planned as far as anything I can find. The effect should be much more subtle.

Also, a few of the more oddly colored spells won't look like the wallpaper crawling around after one has drunk two forties of Old English and one bottle of Nyquil.
    (0)

Character
    Delrosa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Making it more subtle is useless, got a geo in my party today and it is just as annoying as it was preupdate. Just let us turn it off period. We can filiter out just about everything off so why can't they just add it to the filters menu, this is basic stuff that tons of people have been complaining about. I'm failing to see what is so hard about this.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearstar View Post
    I've noticed that they have added filters for the self-based spells but not the lupon spells. I have epilepsy and I can't be anywhere near a geo's lupon without going down. I've seen other threads about others becoming sick and I like the ring idea. A ring around the player and a colored dot apropiate to the spells element and a ring for the lupons.
    I don't have epilepsy... so they have never bothered me... but I know that others are bothered by it and to some it can even be a harmful thing...
    I had thought that the toggle affected both geo and indi spells... but I guess not.
    I hope they expand the toggle's influence.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...300#post457300

where is this update?

There is no excuse, this should be top priority to fix and it has been 3 months without a fix.

I do not know if fixing it that way is the right way or not, I think dimming it and stopping the motion would?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

The development team does have this on their list of tasks to complete but there are some other projects that have a higher priority. Their current plans are to create a separate toggle for geomancer magic effects in the graphics filters.
    (6)

Okipuit - Community Team