Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1

Chocobo Masque +1 requires Synergy level 41+?

Available for the first time during this campaign, and for only 2,000 points, is the chocobo masque!
    If you exchange two chocobo masques at a total of 4,000 points for logging in twenty times, you will be able to synergize them to create a chocobo masque +1 if you have attained the rank of apprentice.
    Wait, WTF? Normally, when an event item has to be synthesized, it's at the lowest possible rank. So anybody can synthesize it. You know, because events are supposed to be for "fun" and the items are for you to collect, for like, your own personal enjoyment.

But chocobo masque +1 requires you to be an apprentice in Synergy? What the hell, SE? Way to sucker-punch the fun out of what shoulda been a fun convenient warp item for everybody.
    (2)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Dubious translation, the patch notes says its Amateur rank and only an earth balance of 9, when I did it yesterday.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Dubious translation, the patch notes says its Amateur rank and only an earth balance of 9, when I did it yesterday.
    I can validate this also as I did mine yesterday and it is only amateur rank synth
    (0)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    disclaimer: I know nothing at all about Synergy

Since I have pretty much 0 crafts leveled, and have never even attempted synergy, would I be able to make the mask?
    (0)

you need to at least have synergy unlocked which requires the completion of the quest "synergistic pursuits" in the metalworks.

Not sure what lvl you need to get it too. I tried to lvl it to augment gear but I haven't had luck getting skill ups on it using techniques from multiple guides. After about an hr here and hr there, using different techniques from different guides im still lvl 1. So I gave up. All my other crafts went up a lot faster. Synergy was just a silly concept to begin with imo
    (0)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    I tried to lvl it to augment gear but I haven't had luck getting skill ups on it using techniques from multiple guides. After about an hr here and hr there, using different techniques from different guides im still lvl 1. So I gave up. All my other crafts went up a lot faster. Synergy was just a silly concept to begin with imo
    You're not actually synthing the end results of each recipe, are you? That's the only way you could spend hours on Synergy and still only be Level 1.

All you need to do to level Synergy is pick a recipe and keep choosing "Feed Fewell" for one of the elements that the recipe requires. Doesn't matter if you reach the target amount for the recipe. Doesn't matter if you go way over it. Doesn't matter if the furnace explodes. If the recipe is above your level, you will gain skill-ups at a reasonable rate. It won't be the 66-75% you see with standard synths, but you make up for that by being able to try multiple times in succession without having to re-insert your ingredients.
    (1)

nope never finish, followed a few guides that said to get a mordant something and a behemoth knife and then spam it and take it out without finishing synth blah blah blah, regardless it didn't work well. They all said it could take you 1-40 or something, I don't remember that well since it was a lil while ago. I likely could have done more research and figured it out more but with xiv on the horizon Ive had no want or need to sink that much time into this game for something like synthing anymore, so... lol
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I did it with synergy of 2.
    (0)

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post

Nobody over at SE double-checking this stuff, I guess. Apprentice != Amateur.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    nope never finish, followed a few guides that said to get a mordant something and a behemoth knife and then spam it and take it out without finishing synth blah blah blah, regardless it didn't work well. They all said it could take you 1-40 or something, I don't remember that well since it was a lil while ago. I likely could have done more research and figured it out more but with xiv on the horizon Ive had no want or need to sink that much time into this game for something like synthing anymore, so... lol
    Essentially, all synergy recipes can be done with 0 skills in any of the crafts, including synergy. Synergy is a group activity, so all you need is to invite 1 person with the required skills in your party and presto. You only need to unlock the ability to access furnaces and ensure it has an ample supply of relevant fewell for the recipe, and you will never lose the materials (on failure) or results (on success) for any reason. (You can even store items in the furnace, as long as they are part of a recipe.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"