^^
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My very first time doing a LS event in sky, we had a Galka in the group that I liked to spam Deodorize on (b/c stinky Galka) but this time, he got me back good.

He purposefully wandered near one of the Hovering Pot mobs. Since this was my very first venture to sky, and also I did not know Pots aggro'd spellcasting, I went ahead and Deodorized him a few times, not realizing I had aggro'd a Pot.

I hear the "casting" sound, and I'm saying "we don't have a BLM who the hell is casting something?" (we were an all BST LS) I finally read the log and it says something to the tune of "pot mob starts casting Flare on Siviard". Before I could run away, I got one-shotted AND I de-leveled.

I drank several beers after that to dull the pain.....
    (2)

Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    One of my most memorable deaths wasn't even mine. Me and some of my ls mates were fighting the vnm Chesma in the early days of the magian trials, when some poor lvl 20 war comes riding by on his chocobo. Chesma proceeded to use Charged Whiskers and blow that poor guy off his bird while on his way to a party to lvl. I got a good laugh out of that and it still makes me smile to this day every time I have to fight that gd vnm.
    (1)

Back when I was on the ps2 version after the first few weeks that the game came out in NA, Been on Phantasy star online on gamecube and dreamcast at the time , Had no clue what type of, a game I was getting into, And got drunk one night after 6 hrs trying to figure out that I am lv 10 now, how and were do I party , not in a nice manner shout after this one guy told me how to shout(that what people I new in PSO said I needed 2 be lv 10 to party). I was kind of like, why did I just waste 149$ on this game manner type of way, Well this one dude was cool and he understood. Then he like help me out and we chatted for like a 2 hrs and walk me to the dunes.

Then he like told me how to put , up the flag and a lot of other stuff , and told me just to stand near the zone area, so I did then he left went to help some other people. Well no more then 10 minutes after all that 2 hr walk, did some dude come train in mobs and wiped me and like 20+ other people in same area out. I died and and had to home point back to bastok then took me like 2 more hrs just to walk back there. I did get to party in the dunes finally and got to lv11 was a happy as hell that first time i seen 200 exp I thought dang no more soloing. , but I did not realize at the time it would take a month to lv to 18, since were all fighting the mobs for like 15 minutes at the time, Just the big exp looked cool.

Till this day ,because of that one guy that help me out. I was always helping people till I realize i was just getting left behind. So now I just play with a small group of friends that I met over the years on ff11 and other mmos and game consoles. If can not do any large scale just like what ever will just find something one us needs and we can do. FF14 around the corner anyways.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 07-30-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    • Getting killed by Serpopard Ishtar during the PS2 Beta while in a Dhalmel EXP party after somebody pointed out, "Hey, that giraffe has a funny name..."
    • Getting killed by Guivre while in an EXP party after warning everyone else that he was tromping about. No one else noticed him, and yet, I'm the only one who died.
    • Dying from poison right outside my Rent-a-Room in Western Adoulin.
    • Casting Dia through one of the metal grates in Palborough Mines, laughing at how the Quadav couldn't retaliate, and then getting killed by a flash mob of the turtles a few minutes later.
    (2)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    • Casting Dia through one of the metal grates in Palborough Mines, laughing at how the Quadav couldn't retaliate, and then getting killed by a flash mob of the turtles a few minutes later.
    Oh god I know this one from experience, I was hunting my keys with my friends for Kazzy access, we were all like...lvl 25 or around that region, and the turtles come out of nowhere and maul us.
    (2)

Character
    Bloodbeat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I remember WAY back years ago, fighting the goblins in Konschtat Highlands that live in the little alcove where the shadow lizards and ephemeral limule are in abyssea and getting shot to death by that zombie ranged attack a 0 hp goblin ambusher can do sometimes.
    (0)

Player
    Lol this one time I was hunting in Castle Oztroja up on the 2nd floor looking down at some Yagudo in one of the outside areas where NM pops. I thought if I casted Dia on it, it would climb up to where I am. Instead it starts running around the map and then disappears.

I scratched my head and thought how weird it was so I decided to keep heading up to the higher floor. I engaged battle with a few other yagudos on the way and then out of no where this massive train comes pouring in attacking and then murdered me....
    (4)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-31-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Lol this one time I was hunting in Castle Oztroja up on the 2nd floor looking down at some Yagudo in one of the outside areas where NM pops. I thought if I casted Dia on it, it would climb up to where I am. Instead it starts running around the map and then disappears.

I scratched my head and thought how weird it was so I decided to keep heading up to the higher floor. I engaged battle with a few other yagudos on the way and then out of no where this massive train comes pouring in attacking and then murdered me....
    Been there, seen that. And it's immortalized on Fred Perry's LVL UP! comic, too.

My moment of shame was having a party wipe when a few goblin smithies (if you oldschooled it in Kazham, you remember mandy parties and loathing those bombtossing buggers). Well, all of the PT but me wipes to three of them, and I make it to the zone border safely though red in health and out of MP. Wait a few minutes, cause nobody was there and the gobbies should be gone.

Zone back in.

Four goblins who'd just finished mauling another party that'd zoned in right as I was zoning out, including my three old friends proceed to splatter me in one combined SQUIRP of their axes. We then had to all wait 15 minutes or so for someone who could Raise two very flattened PT's, since RDM me was the last one in the zone who could...before the gobbies ate me.

From then on in, I've always recovered in safety before checking a zone for trouble. Trains or no trains.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Almost a decade ago, a low level RDM ventured beyond North Gustaberg into Konschtat Highlands. A lizard soon found it's way on the menu, and was promptly defeated. But not before using Plague Breath and it's 3HP/tick poison effect with a 10 minute duration... with my MP dwindling fast from cast Cure, and no way to heal while poisoned, I succumbed... almost made me quit the game right then and there, so infuriated I was with the helplessness of being unable to save myself from a mob that had long since died...
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast