Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Death

Player

Death

There are so many ways to die in FFXI. What was your most memorable, funny, odd, embarrassing, dumb, stupid, or any way you died?

Example

My most embarrassing death was being poisoned before warping in town dying in front of everyone trying to run into mog house to refill my health.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You get that last hit in and kill that crawler with only a few HP left, then drop dead from the poison.
    (6)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    For me, Guivre sneaking up on an EXP party. WHM suddenly drops dead. I turn my camera around so can see what happened only to notice Guivre looking right at me like a tasty snack, right before get double attacked and killed.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    The adventurer leaves her home of Bastok to journey out into Gustaberg. The worms, the saplings, the bees...ha...no match for her! She puffs her chest out proud, dealing with any nosy Quadav along the way into the slightly familiar territory of North Gustaberg. Armed with only the Spatha, a set of scale armor, and a Shell Shield, she runs across the bridge next to the mighty falls of the Drachenfall, killing a few lizards/Quadav and cheering as she advances to lvl 13. Her spirits are high, nothing like trouncing silly beasts beneath her feet, but soon she sees the Galka musketeer, is that a border guard? She decides to summon up her courage, so far she ventures into the unknown and twisting paths of Konschtat Highlands, having been told of parties of people in Valkurm Dunes. Simple enough after looking at the trusty map, but that castle thing on the right sure looked odd. She decides maybe she would go look at it, might be little town or something. Along the way she runs across Lizards and Strolling Saplings, they check as Decent Challenge? "Pffft....no match" she boasts, brandishing her Spatha and vanquishing three of them before dashing down the path towards the next open area.

Everything is safe, nothing seems to be attacking her, might as well get another level in and be ahead of the curve, she thought. The idea was welcomed warmly in her mind, feeling the stones jostle and crunch beneath her feet, spotting a group, a trio of the little saplings. "Time to cut down some weeds" she utters, running in and hacking off one, and not even paying attention to what she highlights next.

She watches her health dropping fast, did a beastman attack her? She turns to look, nothing behind her-ACK!!!- why did TP get drained!? After realizing her HP is in red, best to finish off this sapling. Using all of her might in her strikes, she...falls face first into the dirt, and the red text begins to scroll:

"Anjou was defeated by Ghillie Dhu."

Thus my vendetta began.
    (2)

Bio-ga causing a wipe at Kaggen after Kaggen's dead.
    (0)

Player
    Generally, the deaths that followed a single casting of Diaga and preceded the deaths of other players.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Back in the day, people would train the gobs from off of the hill and down to the Lastok Markets exit. N00bs would exit one after another after another and die endlessly until one of then changed job and killed the gobs. Then someone would pull them down again.
    (0)

Player
    Lol that kind of reminds me of back in the day entering crawlers nest only to be mass murdered upon entering. Then to have someone purposely die and watch the mobs leave the entrance so you could message those outside waiting that the coast was clear!
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The people outside would never tell you what was on the other side waitig for you.
    (0)

Player
    Lol they did if they were in your party =p

Although Ive seen some people lie for the fun of it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast