Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The problem is that they would then have to remove Req's special property of saying "F8CK YOU!" to NM's PDT and special resistances. Leave req the way it is and allow CDC to be used without Almace. That would allow a powerful WS while also having the incredibly useful special situation one.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Stardiver doesn't have an attack penalty, Drakesbane does. Stardiver is in the top 5 best merit WSs.

Shoha, Resolution, Ruinator, Shijin Spiral, and Stardiver are the "elite" of the bunch. The rest range from terribad to acceptable.
    Shattersoul is the best Damaging Staff WS by tremendous Leaps and bounds. It may be attached to a poop weapon but Its the Shinning Piller of Poop amongst Staff WS

I DEMAND IT ADDED.

On the topic of the OP. I think if Ruinator can have a STR mod and an Attack Bonus, that Requis can at least have the Attack Penalty Removed, seeing as how there's not exactly a slew of MND/Attack gear.

Req. is great on fodder but it being a Multi-hit Spirit Damage weaponskill doesn't make it good SE, especially when sh*t still resists it. please halp :3
    (1)

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    Please make the following changes to make Blue Mages more competitive in today's game.

Change the mod of Requiescat from MND to STR and remove the attack penalty. This would be a easy adjustment to a job that's getting left in the mog house unless special circumstances arrive ie SA+ BT spam is needed.

Thanks
    Thanks for the post, I was meaning to make a post about it myself, but kept forgetting.
    Not much explanations needed really. Anyone who plays this game (or develops it) as RDM or BLU knows that with Almace discontinued, we were left without any good weaponskills to use. The next best thing (unless skilchaining or doing special damage) is Vorpal Blade now. All other jobs (see WHM Hexa Strike -> Realmrazer) got some useful upgrades from merit WSs. At least PLDs can use Realmrazer with new club if they really want to.
    (0)

Character
    Milva
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    The problem is that they would then have to remove Req's special property of saying "F8CK YOU!" to NM's PDT and special resistances. Leave req the way it is and allow CDC to be used without Almace. That would allow a powerful WS while also having the incredibly useful special situation one.
    If you're in that special situation, you change job to Murasamemaru SAM and spam Shoha, am I wrong?
    -20% ATK penalty means Requiescat can not be used for any end-game content, unless you have 5 minuets and chaos roll on you. Awesome to farm clusters in Sky, I'll agree on that.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE no like blu
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Milva View Post
    If you're in that special situation, you change job to Murasamemaru SAM and spam Shoha, am I wrong?
    -20% ATK penalty means Requiescat can not be used for any end-game content, unless you have 5 minuets and chaos roll on you. Awesome to farm clusters in Sky, I'll agree on that.
    Mura is DMG:111

I've taken BLU to Foret, it absolutely destroys ~everything~ in there.

You people seriously misunderstand the amount of buffs and debuffs present. It completely changes everything, 4K was not an uncommon number on stuff like Pugil. Krab and Craklaw were absolute jokes, I parsed nearly 50% on the krab and we had it dead stupidly fast. Everyone was like O.o? WTF.

Req. is great on fodder but it being a Multi-hit Spirit Damage weaponskill doesn't make it good SE, especially when sh*t still resists it. please halp :3
    This is the reason people think BLU sucks. Absolutely f*cking ignorant statements. Req is a 5-hit physical WS with 1.2 fTP per hit. When your DW you have six hits for a total of 7.2 fTP. And DA/TA/QA that procs will add another 1.2 fTP per hit. No such thing as "spirit damage", the WS "Spirits Within" is actually breath damage and that's why it's resisted on many NMs. Req is non-elemental magic that ignores PDT/MDT effects. The only thing I've ever seen that reduces it's damage is magic immunity like what you see in that one Limbus zone.

The 100% MND mod was lukewarm, we had plenty of gear that had STR / attack/ acc / MND on it, but now it's insane with the amount of gear that has a ton of all the above. So your only issue is the attack penalty which is easily overcome via *drum roll please*, buffs and defense down debuffs. With what the recent update did to Burk / Hala BLU just become a very powerful option to bring to Foret / Ceizek. Anything that has a PDT damage mechanic a BLU would destroy.
    (0)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Pretty sure cdc would be nice to have again. I'm tired of blu being told not to join end game content other than crab and fish nm. Guess we'll see what happens in 2 updates from now.
    (1)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I prefer the niche if only because it's very lacking since BLMs aren't wanted/needed till SE fixes the Magic Damage+ stat to where they want it and even then they won't be a shoe-in. So magic damage comes from either MNK Formless, Mura SAMs and their increasingly weaker weapon, DRKs w/ their Twilight Scythe (i guess?) and Requiescat from BLUs, PLDs and RUNs which has advantages since its not tied to a DMG rating that seems to look lower and lower with each update.

So the two real choices are Req and Formless Strikes for magic damage I'm glad one of the jobs I play can fill that role, though admittedly I'm a WHM at heart.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Pretty sure cdc would be nice to have again. I'm tired of blu being told not to join end game content other than crab and fish nm. Guess we'll see what happens in 2 updates from now.
    BLU dominates the Bee path also, three of the NM's there have PDT damage. Mastop, Taxet and the Bee itself all are easy for a BLU to damage. Yeah I want CDC also, Req for all it's usefulness isn't quite as strong as CDC is.

Also understand the reason people are not using BLU isn't that the job doesn't have uses or is actually lacking anything, but that those people are seriously misinformed about BLU due to the legions of crappy BLU/WHM players. To play BLU well requires a ton of skill and in depth knowledge of game mechanics. I'm constantly having to correct people have basic things like pDiff, fSTR, fTP, MAB/MDB, damage types and so on. They just have no clue how the game works and by extension how to maximize the capability of such a complex job. Jobs like WAR/DRK/SAM/MNK are hard to screw up, especially SAM and MNK. Read a single post on FFXIAH, build the gear macros and rotate those few buttons. It won't be playing them to their fullest but it'll definitely be enough to "get the job done". BLU on the other hand isn't nearly as simple and just reading Proth's posts won't make up for the sheer amount of mechanical knowledge required.
    (0)
    Last edited by saevel; 08-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2