Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Mog gardens ATMs

Sometimes is too hard to try to not to troll, but... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello everyone.

Have you all been enjoying the Mog Gardens content?
    I'd like to introduce content that will be added to this system during the August version update.

• Gil savings chest
      We've prepared the "gil savings chest," which has been asked for.
      When talking to it, you can withdraw or deposit gil and check on your balance.
      You can either talk to it and input a number or directly trade your gil to the chest.

I mean, I really wonder "who" asked for this lol, and also what for. Yes, there is a limit of how much gil a character can carry but really... after chocobo blinkers fiasco and other ways to gather gil I believe there are few ppl that need to have their gil elsewhere.

With all the really important requests all around this forum, JP and NA, I believe some of the developers time is by far wasted.

So what else is next on the agenda ? Moogle credit card ? Moogle pawn shop ? ("Aw man! I need to pawn my NNI gear >.<" lol); "I'm in my second mog house mortgage, dude. If I dun pay I'll have to live in a moogle cardboard box" xD, Moogle ATMs all around the world ? The economy is reaching us people!!! Dun complain if the IRS moogle knocks your door to confiscate your stuff.

This is hilarious imho. lol
    (3)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 07-28-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    I mean, I really wonder "who" asked for this lol, and also what for. Yes, there is a limit of how much gil a character can carry but really... after chocobo blinkers fiasco and other ways to gather gil I believe there are few ppl that need to have their gil elsewhere.
    I don't recall who, but I've seen people ask for this years ago. They were complaining that they were spending their gil as soon as the AH check came in the mail, so they had nothing left to spend on food and medicines.

I'm guessing it's a joke... they are working on some kind of additional storage though, so it might be a mog garden shed or something.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Shame we can't accrue interest on it...
    (3)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    They also mentioned that something will happen when you accumulate a lot of gil. Probably a trinket, or a title, or something along those lines.

I can't really see any benefit to encouraging your player base to not spend currency, though.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it's either:

A) a giant storage area with unlimited space

B) a bank that allows for the conversion / storage of the myriad different currencies they have now (Gil, Bayld, Plasm, Allied Notes, Conquest Points, Beastman Seals, Trophies, Domion Notes... the list goes on).
    (4)

The "gil saving chest" was created as a feature that protects against mistakenly bidding or purchasing an item for too high of a price. For example, if you're going out with the intention to purchase an item that's 300,000 you can withdraw just that amount and have no fear of accidentally purchasing it for 3,000,000.

As for having an interest or reward system for storing your gil, we'd like to avoid scenarios where users would need to gather a large amount of gil in order to make a profit or receive a prize. With that said, there are no plans to implement a rewards/interest system.

Lastly, the "gil savings chest" will only store gil. There are no plans to store other items in here as well.
    (13)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    The "gil saving chest" was created as a feature that protects against mistakenly bidding or purchasing an item for too high of a price. For example, if you're going out with the intention to purchase an item that's 300,000 you can withdraw just that amount and have no fear of accidentally purchasing it for 3,000,000.

As for having an interest or reward system for storing your gil, we'd like to avoid scenarios where users would need to gather a large amount of gil in order to make a profit or receive a prize. With that said, there are no plans to implement a rewards/interest system.

Lastly, the "gil savings chest" will only store gil. There are no plans to store other items in here as well.
    I imagine that the first day this thing comes out, someone will decide to take out 200,000 to go buy an item, see an item worth 10,000,000 in someones bazaar for 250,000, run back to get more cash and return to find it already sold. They will promptly remove all their cash and never use it again.

Or arrive at the Wildskeeper reive only to discover that they forgot sushi, have no cash and the guy with all the sole sushi in his bazaar isn't willing to front them enough to last for 6 hours or how ever long the battle is.

If this thing can't be accessed in the field it's pretty useless.

There really wasn't any way they could just create a separate bank that you keep on you?
    (14)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Waste of time idea. Make a chest that you can dump all the items you harvest then sell them all in one fell swoop.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post

It's such a shame that this game is having to implement features to protect idiots from themselves....
    (11)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I'd have to agree. I try not to be too overly critical about developments, but if what Okipuit says is true, then this is just dumb and pointless.

Shoot, it's been over a year and a half since the "New UI" bomb was dropped on us, but there hasn't been much said about it since. Stuff like this "Gil Saving" thing just seems like they're running out of ideas for interesting development.
    (7)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast