Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    When did this thread devolve into two demons arguing about cruor farming or whatever plus making out with each other? Get a room, you two.
    There's nothing wrong with us talking about Abyssea is there? I mean look at the current state of the game? Several players are now beyond it doing SoA. Not many people need or are willing to go back and do that content. I mean, colonization Reives to earning Bayld to doing Nakuaals, and those still doing plasm runs.

Demon and I were debating on some of the things Abyssea use to have. Before Chocobo blinkers were sold at an NPC in Misraeux coast for 512Gil each. People use to make Cruor farming parties (opposite of exp) to buy blinkers to make gil.

Which was great back then because spells like Thunder 5, Comet were 7-10mil +.

I just think people would go back to Abyssea and join exp parties or make Cruor parties again if they re-implemented Chocobo blinkers which would help all new, returning or any player earn gil to help them catch up to everyone in SoA.

Maybe this campaign event might help what 1 or 2 people? But what about the rest sitting in town wondering how they are going to progress?

Maybe it's just me, but when I had a hard time finding someone to help, people would very well do it for gil. That's how I got my things done atleast.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-31-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    There's nothing wrong with us talking about Abyssea is there? I mean look at the current state of the game? Several players are now beyond it doing SoA. Not many people need or are willing to go back and do that content. I mean, colonization Reives to earning Bayld to doing Nakuaals, and those still doing plasm runs.

Demon and I were debating on some of the things Abyssea use to have. Before Chocobo blinkers were sold at an NPC in Misraeux coast for 512Gil each. People use to make Cruor farming parties (opposite of exp) to buy blinkers to make gil.

Which was great back then because spells like Thunder 5, Comet were 7-10mil +.

I just think people would go back to Abyssea and join exp parties or make Cruor parties again if they re-implemented Chocobo blinkers which would help all new, returning or any player earn gil to help them catch up to everyone in SoA.

Maybe this campaign event might help what 1 or 2 people? But what about the rest sitting in town wondering how they are going to progress?

Maybe it's just me, but when I had a hard time finding someone to help, people would very well do it for gil. That's how I got my things done atleast.
    They'll never do that.... probably...
    because didn't they nerf the blinkers to deal with RMTs?
    I think it's a bit harsh to punish everyone for the sins of a few..... but I don't really mind it... everything is a ra-ex drop/bayld/plasm nowadays anyways....
    for better or worse.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    They'll never do that.... probably...
    because didn't they nerf the blinkers to deal with RMTs?
    I think it's a bit harsh to punish everyone for the sins of a few..... but I don't really mind it... everything is a ra-ex drop/bayld/plasm nowadays anyways....
    for better or worse.
    True but I pointed out that if SE made gil easier to obtain, RMT can't make money if no one buys gil from them. Since the beginning, I was there when RMT made its way into FFXI turning gil into a business. I read forum posts back then that several players did not want or have the time to farm for several weeks and that it was ridiculous at how slow it was to earn it in game.

When SE nerfed blinkers, even RMT were sending private messages to everyone that the $$$ amount was raised being that its harder for RMT to farm it. That should have been the perfect example of how nerfing gil makes it more of a business to RMT.
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well if they give us the Atmas and let us keep them after it will be a huge step towards helping those who returned to the game or are starting to be ready for Adoulin. Hope we get a new wave of players wanting to do +2 runs.

It means nothing for any elite player. It means everything for those that didn't have the luck to be there at the right time. If you really do this SE you have my sincere thanks and a long time susbscription to back you up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spectreman; 07-31-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    omg guyz i wantz my 30 dolers bak cuz evry1 els who had 2 pay 4 aby jus got ripd off

Okay, seriously, there's a time when video games go down in price, and this is one of them. Are you guys telling me you're surprised by this? You shouldn't have been when they released the Ultimate Abyssea Edition package on Steam for $19.99.

Stop getting butthurt about 3-year old content that you've already done and let everyone else have their own fun.
    (4)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 08-01-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Character
    Morier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    Where are these newer players? There is none and what about the newer players that come in after this little event? Are they gonna still get help? Nope. If they are new players im sure they are playing on the first copy of XI they only bought out.

I mean if there new players they would of bought the bundle set of games. Its not like anywhere sells the older copies.
    Shaddap and stop acting you count all the new log ins. I have been helping quite a few new people that shout for help, missions/limit breaks. Try that instead of afking in adoulin and complaining.
    (3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Do you think it's better that gil be harder to obtain? Honestly I think the amount of time earning Cruor vs running back and forth selling and refilling inventory worth of CB wasnt omg easy and was actually worth the effort.

I've only really farmed Dyna with BST because I've invested so much gil into the job, found it much more fun than playing THF however honestly speaking the amount of gil it cost for food, meds, pets, pet food, etc...

It use to be worth the effort to spend 2 hours farming currency when the value was 7k+.

If a player earned 250 currency in 1 hour, at 7k each that's 1,750,000gil.

Vs

250X3k is 750,000 gil.

That's a big difference. This is the reason I stopped farming Dyna wasting 2 hours of my time on a daily basis farming for the economy.

When value of stuff like this drop in price, people stop providing it. Atleast that's what I did.

I use to look forward to farming Dyna each day, was on the top of my list. From my point of view? SE killed it, just the same as every other fun thing that made you feel like putting in the time and effort gave you a sense that you were making progress.

When you play something that makes you feel like you are barely making any progress, ya give up. Especially if its just a wasting valuable time.

Too much gil in circulation? Is too much Bayld in circulation? SE could have implemented more ways to make players spend gil if that's the case.
    how fast gil can be done doesn't really matter .
    if average player can farm 1M/h, an item that seller estimate it to be worth 1h of time will be AHed >1M
    if avaerage player can farm 999M/h the same item will be sold for >999M, if it sell for less nobody will bother selling it
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5