Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Losing Animikii Bullet.

As somebody who has not played Corsair all too much, the job is a challenge to me, and I see it requires many sets to be useful.

Recently I defeated all five Wildskeepers, and managed to get this Bullet in the process. I finished the quest with Reja to receive further awards.

This bullet inspired me to bring my Corsair out of retirement, so I could do tougher content like Tojil, as my other jobs are not up to the task.

So I went into Abyssea today to try and cap my Marksmanship skill. I had set macros to bring in Bronze bullets. I found Bhumi and decided to do a Wildfire on it.

Then I noticed my dreaded mistake ... this absolutely insane bullet was gone from my inventory. I had made the terrible mistake of not adding a bullet line to my Wildfire macro.

To lose a bullet of this caliber in such a way is upsetting. In order to get another, I would need to do Hurkan over and over, and just pray it will drop once more. It may require tons of bayld and time to receive something I already achieved.

I called a GM instantly to express my sadness. The GM informed me that they "might" be able to restore the item as part of a one time only service. I am now waiting up to ten days for a response from Square Enix on this matter.

I strongly urge anybody who feels that having the ability to accidentally shoot such a powerful bullet to be ridiculous, to please "Like" my post here.

Square Enix made particular throwing items to be impossible to throw in the past. It only makes sense to make steps to stop bullets such as these (that are clearly not meant to be shot ever) to be consumed. Either that, or change the drop itself from Hurkan.

For example, Hurkan could drop an Animikii Quiver or another item which could expend a particular amount of Animikii bullets. If there is an issue of requiring this bullet to be rare/ex, then perhaps Reja (NPC in the library) could allow players who have defeated Hurkan to buy this bullet for a certain amount of bayld.

I hope SE takes this into consideration.
    (34)
    Last edited by Kylos; 07-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    There's already a solution, don't shoot it.
    (3)

I remember when I was playing ranger, and I got my first rare/ex arrow (the combat caster's arrow), I was afraid to shoot it by accident. And then, they introduced the Combat Caster's Quiver, a Rare/Ex waist piece that could dispense one arrow ever 168 hours (in case you lost it). Why can't they do that with each piece of ammo?
    (10)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would think long and hard before wasting a one-time restore option on a bullet.
    (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For anyone that uses standard FFXI macros and also has this concern/fear - use the following quick draw macro - it will ensure you dont ever loose the bullet. This is my fire shot macro:

/equip ammo "Animikii Bullet"
    /ja "Fire shot" <t> <wait 1>
    /equip ammo

The important line is the last one - this *removes* the bullet from the ammo slot. If you have ever checked a cor, and they have gun equipped, but no bullet equipped, they are likely using this technique to ensure they don't shoot their QD bullet by accident.

I'm a bit paranoid and take this a step further - my "ranged attack" & ws macro does the same:
    /equip ammo "Steel bullet"
    /ra <t> <wait 1>
    /equip ammo

This does add a slight delay to RA - but I would rather have a little more delay than loose my QD bullet.

Having said all of that - I agree with the OP - its silly that we have to go through such lengths to ensure we don't shoot our QD bullet by accident. It should be impossible to shoot - in the same way they made certain throwing items impossible to throw. Although I believe SE has already commented on this in the past and they have no plans to change this behavior ...
    (7)

At the very least, they should function like patriarch protector's quivers, and items like that.
    (10)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Do Hurkan again. You'll get another one.

And another.

And another.

Seriously, this damn thing is easier to acquire than Omphalos.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Do Hurkan again. You'll get another one.

And another.

And another.

Seriously, this damn thing is easier to acquire than Omphalos.
    That makes everything ok, cause I can just reach up my ass and pull out 50~75k Bayld.

No, really though, there is no defense for this kind of problem, its stupid, its one of the obvious situational pieces they create for us and know we will macro in but at the same time give us every opportunity to lose it accidentally without any way to stop it. Its 100% stupid no matter how common a drop or how easy Bayld is.
    (10)

Player
    It really should be a pouch rather than a single bullet. However, they can't make it unshootable. The way they did that was to remove the damage and delay from those weapons,and thus the game couldn't use it as a weapon. Which would make it unusable as a bullet for quickdraw/unlimited shot.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    It really should be a pouch rather than a single bullet. However, they can't make it unshootable. The way they did that was to remove the damage and delay from those weapons,and thus the game couldn't use it as a weapon. Which would make it unusable as a bullet for quickdraw/unlimited shot.
    I think the idea about making an item that can dispense them works fine. They are rare / ex anyways right? I mean it's not like you can sell them.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast