Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Corsair needs

Hello.
    In light of the vertical progression the game is using to upgrade jobs and release content cor is getting more and more left behind. We lack the physical prowess and accuracy to do that kind of damage, we lack the magical accuracy to do that too reliably, our buffs are substantially less useful than bard's and even as /whm options are limited due to lack of adequate gear in that regard.

Cor may still be wanted for endgame, but I don't know if you noticed, people consider it a "mule job", no one cares whether the player has good gear or is skilled, this is all completely overlooked because cor can no longer do other tasks other than rolls.

A few requests that would help in my opinion:

1. A macc trait. Being gun-mage is a very peculiar thing about cor, but new mobs implemented have insane amounts of magic evasion, which for mages is compensated with the addition of gear with huge macc bonuses, but where does cor stand here? QD, and even more Wildfire fail at dealing consistent damage due to the inability to have the same boost that mages get.

2. Raise marks skill to A. Alternatively to magic damage cor can obviously shoot and has access to the best looking ws in the game: Last Stand. It is however extremely difficult to use both methods on any endtier mob because accuracy and attack are very low and thus even mixing the best gear it is ultimately worthless. Please notice that raising cor skill does in no way menace ranger's position as the top ranged class. Cor will never be as powerful as rng.

3. Some rolls could use a buff. I understand bard is more potent with support because, well it never deals damage, but ignoring that right now we can't either, some rolls are really really bad.

4. What happened to the QD adjustment promised 2 years ago? I'll remind you: adding damage to Light and Dark shots and natural enfeebles to all QD shots.

p.s. I've done Brygid quest for over a month trying to get refresh subligars, please add a new pair of refresh pants that don't make me hate the game to get -.-
    (2)

Character
    Froggis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Boosting COR to A level marksmanship would be unbalanced, since RNG only gets A... I think the roll adjustments are needed though. COR can shine on fodder content as DD with the skill they have now, perhaps the high end content should really just be more about support with minimal DD.

Competitive roll changes though for sure would be great, especially the following:
    -Blitzer's roll to count toward Job Ability haste instead of delay reduction and let the 11 be 25% JA haste instead of -12.5% delay.
    -Gallant's roll also needs to be boosted to +40% at 11 and w/ job bonus perhaps even +50% defense.
    -Wizard's and Warlock's rolls should be boosted a fair amount.
    -Allie's roll should just be WS acc and skillchain dmg, capping still at +25% for 11.
    -Dancer's roll should be boosted to a max 30/tic regen with job bonus, 26 without.
    -Magus Roll needs to be boosted to 35 or 40 max MDB w/ job bonus.
    -Monk's roll should be max HP+, max being 20% with job bonus and 15% without.
    -Caster's roll should be changed to quick cast, still capping at 20%. (The bust would be % chance at double casting and recast time).
    and of course
    -Evoker's roll needs to be something more substantial than a max 5/tic... Bard can give 21/tic with +5 balladx3. I would settle for like 10/tic and 11 with job bonus for Evoker's.

Those are the major ones i can think of
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I agrre with the OP, at the current state its a nightmare for me to play cor in LS events (and luckily I do NOT). Its only roll rolls swap pts ---> roll rolls ----> swap pt reroll.

I had more fun with the job back when it was at least capable to at least do some dmg on higher end stuff. now its just garbage and I am not even touching it anymore. (my gear is takeing dust).

Not expecting the dmg a rng does, but good lord cor is so far behind its really bad.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Hello.
    In light of the vertical progression the game is using to upgrade jobs and release content cor is getting more and more left behind. We lack the physical prowess and accuracy to do that kind of damage, we lack the magical accuracy to do that too reliably, our buffs are substantially less useful than bard's and even as /whm options are limited due to lack of adequate gear in that regard.
    Skill+ on weapon coming 8/6 should be able to solve many resist/acc issue.

I may be wrong because I'm not familiar with BRD gears, besides lower cure potency(and maybe less refresh) I don't think there's much difference between COR/WHM and BRD/WHM. Awesome gear really isn't needed to cast haste/-na/erase. Keeping haste up and cast erase/-na fast can sometimes be really challenging.

COR had ability to do dmg on higher end stuff during VW era kinda because of atma/atmacite boosting wildfire dmg. Now no more atma/atmacite, and weapon dmg goes up for physical WS, WF may just fall further and further behind. Unless magical WS dmg gets different formula in the future, this WS(and all that gun mage concept) may be dead soon.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Could actually contribute actively in Legion as well, in Delve it's just not possible. And brd is on all mage gear basically, now it's not like I want cor to be put there rather than light dd, but it's just a hint at the fact that it is not the right direction for the job to play that way.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Could actually contribute actively in Legion as well, in Delve it's just not possible. And brd is on all mage gear basically, now it's not like I want cor to be put there rather than light dd, but it's just a hint at the fact that it is not the right direction for the job to play that way.
    There are no right nor wrong direction to play this job, it's how this job should be, that you have w/e playstyle you want to play, and why i started lving it in first place.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    By the way, some friend of mine tried COR/DNC melee mode in delve boss runs, according to his parse it seems to be fairly doable with BRD buffs before next update. I really don't see why not after next update.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Survivability.

Either way the points I made are others, no point arguing about that.

------------------

They recently mentioned having weapon skill+ apply to macc for blu and drk, they better remember to have it apply to cor QD as well, it would be a lot beneficial. Would still leave WF worthless, but I guess that's normal since all empies have been taken to the coffin...
    (0)

Player
    COR had ability to do dmg on higher end stuff during VW era kinda because of atma/atmacite boosting wildfire dmg. Now no more atma/atmacite, and weapon dmg goes up for physical WS, WF may just fall further and further behind.

I know it's not Wildfire but still relevant.

In any case Wildfire is only good cuz of the dAGI thing. Outside of Abyssea that doesn't matter. It's the quirk of the dAGI that made it so good. I don't think SE intended WF to be so strong, I feel like it was an oversight. I really, truthfully feel like WF was meant to be as worthless as Cloudsplitter, the other elemental emp ws.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post

I know it's not Wildfire but still relevant.

In any case Wildfire is only good cuz of the dAGI thing. Outside of Abyssea that doesn't matter. It's the quirk of the dAGI that made it so good. I don't think SE intended WF to be so strong, I feel like it was an oversight. I really, truthfully feel like WF was meant to be as worthless as Cloudsplitter, the other elemental emp ws.
    QD dmg goes up as gun/ammo level goes up and getting more base dmg, WF stuck at lv 85 power, even if you're getting D1000 weapons in 2018. You can't really compare QD with WF.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast