Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Immanence for Skill chain

I try to test it but I am confused how to make SC...
    I am good with MB but not familiar at all with SC (because I only have mage jobs)
    So I am trying to understand how to make Immanence to work I don't know what element after WS to use to make SC. Tried to read table SC chart but still noob.
    I check WS it said element of that WS and Properties of WS (that I don't understand)
    anyone give me example to make it with WS? so I can understand.

and another question is Immanence can use to be open SC? or have to be close one?
    and anotehr question is 1 SCH can make SC by itself with 2-3 Immanence ? and close with MB (without Immanence) it self too?
    (0)

Character
    Kimiruhamiru
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I hope expressions below make sense and work for you.
    (my English skill and FFXI's English terms do not allow me to explain in plain English.)

note: Descriptions and names below are not (possibly) standard,
    or are not commonly used by people(also not for Jp players). Just for this entry.
    ###### Notation ######
    収縮==Dk=Compression
    貫通==Li=Transfixion
    振動==Wa=Reverberation
    硬化==Ic=Induration
    衝撃==Th=Impaction
    溶解==Fi=Liquefaction
    切断==Ea=Scision
    炸裂==Wi=Detonation
    ###### Lv1 Chains ######
    'Straight' 8-Chain route:
    Dk>Li>Wa>Ic>Th>Fi>Ea>Wi
    'Reverse' route:
    Fi<Ea<Wi
    Dk<Li
    'Irregular' route:
    Ea>Wa>Th
    Ic>Dk
    ######Lv2 Chain######
    Fi>Th>>[LiFi]===[Fusion]
    Ic>Wa>>[WiTh]===[Fragmentation]
    Li>Ea>>[IcWa]===[Distortion]
    Wi>Dk>>[EaDk]===[Gravitation]
    ###### Lv2 Chains ######
    [Lv2]>[Lv2]>>nothing or Lv2 or Lv3
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with which is which.
    ###### Lv3 Chains ######
    [IcWa]+[EaDk]>>[[IcWaEaDk]]
    [LiFi]+[WiTh]>>[[LiFiWiTh]]
    ############
    e.g.

(Immanence+Fire)>Rock Crusher>>[Fusion]
    =Fi>Th>>[LiFi]

(Immanence+Fire)>(Immanence+Thunder)>>[Fusion]
    =Fi>Th>>[LiFi]

(Immanence+Stone)>(Immanence+Fire)>(Immanence+Thunder)>>[Fusion]
    corresponds to (possibly) well-known SC,
    "Fast Blade>Red Lotus Blade>Combo>>[Fusion]"
    =Ea>Fi>Th>>[LiFi]
    and you can do FireII MB also.
    (3)
    Last edited by Diska; 04-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'll throw out a couple examples I use. I have an extraordinary amount of fun with this new ability.

First to answer some of your questions. Immanence can be used to both open and close an SC. It can also be used to solo any SC if used twice, once before each spell. Immanence is NOT required to MB off of your SC, and in fact if you use Immanence before a spell, you will not be able to MB with it, as per the ability description.

All of the following scenarios work:

1. Immanence + your spell
    2. Your own WS

2. Another player's WS

1. Your own WS
    2. Immanence + your spell

1. Another player's WS

1. Immanence from another SCH + their spell
    2. Immanence from you + your spell

1. Immanence from you + your spell
    2. Immanence from another SCH + their spell

To get it to work right, first you need the right timing. This just requires practice but the window is pretty large. If I'm soloing an SC using two spells, first I use Immanence then cast the first spell. When my on-screen character's arms come down from the cast, I hit Immanence again, then immediately start casting the next spell. If I want to create a level 3 with Retribution or Black Halo, I wait until right at the end of the first SC animation to hit the WS macro. If I'm doing spell + my own WS, I wait about 3 seconds after the spell animation to hit the WS macro. I also have some macros just for making my own SC. Here's a basic example:

/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 1>
    /ma "Fire" <t> <wait 5>
    /ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 1>
    /ma "Thunder IV" <t>

You may have to play with the wait numbers, and vary them based on your first spell, but for me 5 seconds works well for tier 1, 8 seconds if I open with tier 3.

Second, you have to use the right elements. Disak gave a great example of the combinations. I used the skillchain chart on wiki. I never played a melee job before this so I had to stare at the chart a bit to understand it too. The chart does not contain SCH spells, but basically you just look at the element picture behind the set of WS's and pick a combination of spells and WS of those elements. For example, the label on the chart for Distortion shows it being created from Light, then Earth, so use Luminohelix, Stone. The chart shows Fragmentation coming from the ice picture then water picture, so use Blizzard + Water to make fragmentation. Here are some examples:

Immanence + Luminohelix
    Immanence + Stone III
    >>>>> Distortion
    You can then MB any Water or Blizzard spell afterward. If you want to MB with a tier V spell, you will need to follow the SC with Alacrity before casting. I believe the same is also required of tier IV spells. I generally MB this with Cryohelix, for which I use Ebullience. Alacrity is not required to MB Helices on your own SC.

Immanence + Fire
    Immanence + Thunder IV
    >>>> Fusion
    MB with Fire of any level or Luminohelix

Immanence + Luminohelix
    Immanence + Stone III
    >>>> Distortion
    Retribution (Gravitation = Dark + Earth)
    >>>> Darkness

Immanence + Fire
    Immanence + Thunder IV
    >>>> Fusion
    Black Halo (Fragmentation = Thunder + Wind)
    >>>> Light

Immanence + Fire IV
    True Strike
    >>>> Fusion

Now for some mechanical stuff. First, if you're in a large party or alliance, the timing can be rough because other players are constantly spamming their WS's, which will interrupt your SC. If you want to practice this, I suggest soloing for a while on a set of EP mobs to get the timing and combinations down. For me, the potential to solo Light and Darkness made me excited about finally getting Black Halo and Retribution, so I practiced using Immanence just to break the latent effect on the trial weapons. After that I've never had any trouble with timing.

Another annoyance may be the absence of the spell or initial SC animation due to gear swaps. If I or another player near me swaps gear, the game will not show the animation for the spell or SC and it throws my timing off. I got used to putting only equip swaps that don't require blinking into my Immanence spell and WS macros. For other gear I'll swap it with separate macro before casting. This gear blinking will also occasionally prevent the chat log notification of the SC as well as the animation, so it may not look like it worked at all when it actually did. When you're practicing, this is another reason I suggest doing it solo, and to also avoid equip swaps in your macros at first.

Hope that helps! Again go practice by soloing. Grab some EP+ stuff so you don't kill them with your first SC I used Kuftal Tunnel crabs to break latents and practice this. You asked specifically about making an SC with a WS, so to keep it simple, just start with Immanence + fire, wait three seconds after fire casts, then hit a True Strike macro. You'll get Fusion Don't forget Adloquium so you can use True Strike faster!
    (3)

Thank you Guys now I understand chart more. Very nice explanation and example.
    Time to test and play with it.
    ^^;
    (1)
    Last edited by Momotarotaru; 04-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    back in 2004 I told people how to SC and i end up memerzing the chart so i do not get "i only have mage jobs so i do not know how SC works"

anyways Immanence just makes your spells mimic the equilvent level 1 sc properties:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vWihfifjey...spirascv25.jpg

you can make more then one SC too like if you use it with stone V you are putting scisson property on the mob

then you can use water V for reveration, then blizzard IV for indutation then water IV for fragmentation.

Here is to show it in game i was showing someone in game that you can do sc after sc like on the chart:
    http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8866/scs.jpg

notice the climb in sc damage.

the first level 1 sc is 50% of spell, then 60% then the level 2 is 100%

when you do sc after sc it climbs.

SC damage can also be patted with weather/day/ staff/ etc:
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9241/aerovscresize.jpg
    onscrean damage is 3893 detonation

4871 (.50)> 2435 (SCH hands bonus1.10)>2678 (1.10 klimaform boots bonus)> 2945 > staff bonus (1.15)>3386 > (1.15, cape and weather)> 3893.
    that is why, otherwise it would be 2435 normally.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-25-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Staff and Club are SCH stronger weapons. Here are some sequences for 5/5 Stratagem use magic and Weapon Skills that will allow for Magic Burst. I've listed Spell level as X so you can chose the tier you want. If you're worried about melee accuracy, Bream Sushi. You should be able to macro up to Alacrity with a space open for an /echo to hit the button again and a macro book swap for the rest of the skills/spells for a two button lvl 3 w/ Magic Burst. I haven't tested yet as I am still working on both Omniscience and Black Halo, but I'm more than happy to repost when I do.

Dark Skill Chain (Staff)
    Immanence > Luminohelix > Immanence > Alacrity > Stone X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Omniscience > Stone X/Water X/Blizzard X/Drain

Light Skill Chain (Club)
    Immanence > Fire X > Immanence > Alacrity > Thunder X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Black Halo > Aero X/Fire X/Thunder X/Luminohelix
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Staff and Club are SCH stronger weapons. Here are some sequences for 5/5 Stratagem use magic and Weapon Skills that will allow for Magic Burst. I've listed Spell level as X so you can chose the tier you want. If you're worried about melee accuracy, Bream Sushi. You should be able to macro up to Alacrity with a space open for an /echo to hit the button again and a macro book swap for the rest of the skills/spells for a two button lvl 3 w/ Magic Burst. I haven't tested yet as I am still working on both Omniscience and Black Halo, but I'm more than happy to repost when I do.

Dark Skill Chain (Staff)
    Immanence > Luminohelix > Immanence > Alacrity > Stone X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Omniscience > Stone X/Water X/Blizzard X/Drain

Light Skill Chain (Club)
    Immanence > Fire X > Immanence > Alacrity > Thunder X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Black Halo > Aero X/Fire X/Thunder X/Luminohelix
    I go by " fish for a man, feed him for a day, teach the man to fish, feed them for a lifetime"

point in saying this is i would advice people look at the chart to come up with thier own scs with ws if they wish but alas sch melee is like the last thing you want to do, it has lowest skill out of all the jobs.

for anyone with that relic ws club in abyssea you can extand your skillchain:

Light Skill Chain (Club)
    Immanence > Fire X > Immanence > Alacrity > Thunder X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Black Halo > (cast Aero X/Fire X/Thunder X/Luminohelix for mb) > relic ws and see if you can alacrity anther mb or just mb off this one, making muli scs increases mb bonus

I would not advice it but could be some fun i guess
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If you are trying to break omniscience it is extremely easy with immanence.

Immanence >>> Luminohelix >> Immanence >>> Stone (I used stone 1 for mp so i could spam it) >>> Distortion >>> Retribution >> Darkness.

Make sure to not use retribution before you see the animation for distortion go off or it will not work. In abyssea using VV, MM, and apoc, I managed to get off two darkness skillchains a mob. It went really fast. Btw, Omniscience does pretty decent damage when you gear your atmas for it, might not be a bad brew ws.
    (0)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Although you will probably never use this subjob:
    Confirmed DNC Skillchain Bonus when set as a sub will apply to Immanence Skillchains for 8% damage bonus.
    (Disclaimer: You lose 24 MAB for subbing this over BLM or RDM, though)
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Awesome tips. I did manage to get my head around the skillchain charts, but it's good to have some SCH specific examples going. I've self skillchained with my own WS and a spell, but I think next I'll experiment with spell only ones because it's not always viable to stand too closely to a mob when you're a mage. Things like this just make me a SCH fanboy.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast