Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as well as revamping job-specific armor
    And once again he talks about that.
    I'm scared to get my hopes up but if he really wants to release ilevel 105 Artifact, Relic and Empyreal armor then I'm gonna be really happy.

Maybe it's just me but I've always loved job-specific gear, throughout the years some of those pieces (not many, to be honest) are those I kept using despite their low level because of how they were boosting a certain JA/Trait/Spell/Etc.
    (4)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I'm scared to get my hopes up but if he really wants to release ilevel 105 Artifact, Relic and Empyreal armor then I'm gonna be really happy.
    I suspect it'll be higher than 105. Karieyh is already a bit of a sidegrade compared empyrean +1 armor of the same jobs, and probably a little inferior to empyrean/relic armor +2. Any sort of +3 upgrade has to be significant to be worth programming/obtaining.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post

Maybe it's just me but I've always loved job-specific gear, throughout the years some of those pieces (not many, to be honest) are those I kept using despite their low level because of how they were boosting a certain JA/Trait/Spell/Etc.
    Gah!!! More gear to hold in our extremely tight inventory?? I seriously hope it's not an "Additional" set to add with the other AF sets. I seriously cannot hold anymore equipment. This is a huge problem SE! Do I need to gimp my cure potency? What about enhancing? Enfeebling? MAB? MACC? -PDT? What should I sacrifice to hold more gear you keep releasing??? Which AF SET do I sacrifice for the NEW AF if its released? AF2 or AF3?? Honestly it's more than impossible to hold another AF SET unless SE gives the SAME enhancements that can replace previous pieces. Here's an example..

Red Mage AF2 body

Vs

Redmage AF3 Body

What's my point? Stats on each AF differ which is why we carry them in our inventory. They never make an AF to replace a previous piece. If I was lazy and didn't care about my performance sure I'd never even carry gear sets to begin with but admit it!!! Who would dare leave AF2 relic body behind due to no inventory to carry when it gives +20 seconds more to Chainspell?

Who would dare leave behind 2 tick refresh with 10% potency to enfeebling magic?

I only showed you 2 pieces. This is basically what it's like with the rest of the gear.
    Should I leave this piece behind?

This is what it's coming to at End Game!! Making decisions like this!! What do I leave behind in order to carry your new equipment?

Do I leave this behind?

Gah I'm frustrated now..
    (5)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Player
    IDK being able to land slow, heabut, paralyze, and other magic attacks more frequently as a drg is kinda nice... I know i wont be landing it on anything too high of a level but i should be able to do it for mid to higher tier content in the older parts of the game which makes surviving and using my hp more fun!
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    On the note of separating stats from appearances of armor, would be perfectly fine if the system for it was still tied to what is normally equip-able by ones main job.

I am curious as to what SE is planning to do with the old JSE armors though. Would be nice if they thought they could combine Artifact, Relic, and Empyrean Armors into one piece, while keeping the looks thematic with the job.
    (0)

Imagine the PVP implications, for those who care about PVP, if any job could look like any job. Imagine if the blm could equip a shield made to LOOK like Ochain through this system.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Imagine the PVP implications
    Something that has never come up since Adoulin came out amazingly, you would think with the weapons Adoulin brought, PvP would have had someone crying out about the imbalance created. At least, I would have thought, in either case, I have no idea how this would change anything still. The only rule need to be made is that you can make your character look like they are wearing any gear the job your currently on can wear. If the job can wear it, you can look like your wearing it, tada, all problems solved.
    (2)

I had a thought about the interrupt rate of spells being affected by weapon level.

Paladin.

The main sword we use has no ilevel. Shikargar 99 PDT -11%. Unless you have a burtgang, there is no better sword.

I have an ochain and that usually covers me on spell interrupts, but not every pld does.
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    "The plan is not limited to only these jobs and we will be boosting magical accuracy based on the "combat skill +" added to weapons in general."

that's all well and good, but it kinda misses the point. since all the staves and clubs in question all give "combat skill +" in ADDITION to magic acc. so the non-stave job still ends up exactly as far behind as it was before. the problem isn't really solved, it's just pushed up the "content tier" ladder.

the non stave/club jobs are still down a boatload of magic accuracy relative to the stave/club jobs.
    The only alternative would be making the gain of Magic Acc. inherent to the jobs themselves rather than putting it in as a blanket rule, then remove magic acc. from gear and replace it with something else. That way the jobs intended to cast still get their magic acc. without it spilling over to jobs not intended to cast.

Well, unless the magic acc in the test server items is just leftovers and haven't been replaced by final versions that go along with what Matsui stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsui Akihiko
    For FFXI, the animation packs are read via your main weapon, so we aren't able to do this completely with weapons. Think of it as we would have to limit it to being the same type of weapon.

In terms of armor, of the MMORPGs I have played that had this system, it resulted in a ton of people looking like they were fighting without any gear on at all.
    Where costume/vanity slots and transmogrification are available you'll get people that wear their choice of armor. The beauty of those systems is that they can wear prior-tier gear or other sets that meet the criteria set by the developers. I've yet to see a game where people actually choose to look like they're naked when doing serious content, so I'm going to call BS on that last sentence.
    Also, as we need to decide our position on whether or not it's okay that front-line jobs wear back-line equipment (and vice versa), as well as the fact that classic FF artifact equipment could be worn by other jobs, so please let us look into this a bit more.
    If you limit the system to whatever the main job can equip, right there you have a solid ruleset to go with.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Where costume/vanity slots and transmogrification are available you'll get people that wear their choice of armor. The beauty of those systems is that they can wear prior-tier gear or other sets that meet the criteria set by the developers. I've yet to see a game where people actually choose to look like they're naked when doing serious content, so I'm going to call BS on that last sentence.
    It's like for some reason hiding your job and level info is fine, but if people can't see that you're wearing pearl boots, then the game is broken :P

And unless it affects their ability to perform, does anyone really care if other people are naked? I mean unless you are using 3rd party tools, most people will be blinking too much for you to know what they are really wearing most of the time anyways beyond their idle gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    If you limit the system to whatever the main job can equip, right there you have a solid ruleset to go with.
    That seemed obvious right? These guys scare me.
    (2)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast