Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Item levels for character growth is a terrible idea in general. It would have been much better to just have added another merit category that would let you increase your character's powers dramatically, while also requiring lulz amounts of exp (or even special SoA "exp", if they want to keep all 99+ character progression within SoA, like they currently are doing with item levels.)
    This.

I liked and agree wholeheartedly that it should have just been a series of merit expansions to increase job levels. It would sucked up a lot less development time than having to go through every weapon and then balance the ones for multiple jobs. And if they wanted a change from exp, it could be that doing SoA content unlocks levels of the merits which you have to fill in with EXP.
    (8)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Item levels for character growth is a terrible idea in general. It would have been much better to just have added another merit category that would let you increase your character's powers dramatically, while also requiring lulz amounts of exp (or even special SoA "exp", if they want to keep all 99+ character progression within SoA, like they currently are doing with item levels.)
    create two new "merit" categories, 1st use bayld, second plasm.
    merits need some achievement to be unlocked (WR, delve KIs...)
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Anywhere 150 or more magic accuracy will be needed, RDM won't be meleeing anyway.

In a highly buffed situation, DRK would lose tons of DoT casting spells.

In the case of PLD, flash is nothing more than a hate tool at this point.

When has BLU ever been invited for their magical blue magic in top tier content?

I see this as a good thing. Pure mages should always have an advantage in their respective forms of magic. That's the price DRKs, PLDs, BLUs or any melee/mage hybrid must pay for being hybrids.
    On the subject of PLD vs. pure mages, SE should give mages an A Rating in staves, and knock paladin from an A Rating to a B- rating. Its absurd that mage jobs who wield staves all day long every day, would realistically have a C rating while the only staff A goes to Paladin - a job whose primary requisite is the use of sword+shield which obviously can't be done with a staff. When SCH was released with the whole 'school of martial theory' and 'battlemage' type of fanfare, then SE gave SCH a C+ staff rating, completely dwarfed by the paladin's A rating despite the fact pld is a shield job. For extra bonus lols, paladin with their only staff A rating in the game, can not equip any empy or magian staves, while the jobs than can equip those staves have B~C ratings.
    Re; macc I can see why DRK should get some added macc on a weapon, but its not as important as for the backline jobs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-26-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Player
    One thing I haven't seen anyone mention in all this ILVL garbage.

Have we all forgotten Encumbrance? For a while there SE made EVERY enemy with some form of encumbrance.

Yeah you're level 119 with your gear on, and you can survive just fine, then the enemy knocks your clothes off and kills you in one hit, because now, you're only level 99.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How can ANYONE think that leveling via gear is a good idea. It's the stupidest god d*mn thing I've ever heard of in my entire life.
    (8)

Greetings,

The development team is aware of the magic accuracy problems that jobs such as ninja, blue mage, and dark knight can encounter when battling the high-level monsters in Adoulin content. They are currently looking to see if they are able to boost magical accuracy through “combat skill+” values. Once we have some more information we will be sure to let you all know.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is aware of the magic accuracy problems that jobs such as ninja, blue mage, and dark knight can encounter when battling the high-level monsters in Adoulin content. They are currently looking to see if they are able to boost magical accuracy through “combat skill+” values. Once we have some more information we will be sure to let you all know.
    See you next year for more information then.
    (15)

Greetings,

No. Tell them to let us "level up" through new merit categories instead. Stop this item level nonsense before it is too late.
    (20)

Player
    Greetings,

Can you please give us more magic skill merits or separate universal magic skill from job specific magic skill? This is the reason many of us cannot decide what to merit. Especially for those who play RDM, BLM, and then NIN, BLU, GEO SMN etc.

32 merit points total when 16 points would be used by those placing merits on jobs like Geomancer: Geomancy and handbell to make the job reach full potential does not leave us much for the other magic skills we need. Thank you.

When I say Universal I mean Magic skills that other jobs can share and benefit like Enhancing, Enfeebling, Elemental.

Example:Geomancer, Black mage, Redmage can share elemental, enfeebling and enhancing.

Where as Job specific would be Blue Magic Skill only benefits blue mage.
    (15)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-27-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    One thing I haven't seen anyone mention in all this ILVL garbage.

Have we all forgotten Encumbrance? For a while there SE made EVERY enemy with some form of encumbrance.

Yeah you're level 119 with your gear on, and you can survive just fine, then the enemy knocks your clothes off and kills you in one hit, because now, you're only level 99.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How can ANYONE think that leveling via gear is a good idea. It's the stupidest god d*mn thing I've ever heard of in my entire life.
    It's especially retarded for BST and DRG. Their pets levels are base don item level of their weapons, and change dynamically and drastically as the weapon changes. (Literally dropping from level 114 to 99 if you take your weapon off) Now take for example, Velk, which fill 3 whole zones of the expansion. They have a move that removes your Weapons and keep you from equipping them again. So BST and DRG just can't fucking fight those enemies at all because you will never be above level 99 when encountering them...
    (8)

I don't get all this ilvl complaining. It seems to work fine to me. Do you guys want there to never been any new gear or weapons and just have the same old stuff be the best forever?
    (1)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast