Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    so i was checking out the new gear from the test server here. and i noticed that a lot of these new weapons have some pretty impressive stats. which is great, generally.

but i think i may have spotted a flaw here. some new and improved staves and clubs give massive bonus' to magic accuracy. but none of the other weapons do. could this not have dramatic ramifications for jobs like drk, blu, rdm, nin, and maybe even cor?

a dark knight casting drain without a staff is "down" about 30 magic accuracy by not swapping his weapon. with these new staves in play he would effectively be "down" up to 180 magic accuracy. now it is debatable just how much a drk REALLY relies on his spells, but if the magic acc from the new weapons becomes the new standard then there will be no debate. they'll just stop casting anything with an accuracy check.

this same concern extends to any job that might find itself doing anything that relies on magic accuracy, while using anything other than a club or stave. physical blue magic should be fine, but magical blue magic will be devastated. i'm not a corsair, but i know some of their quick draws use magic accuracy. ninja? could easily end up highly boned. and i'm not here to debate the efficacy of meleerdm, i'm just saying this could kill it.

there may be other issues i'm not seeing myself. is flash resistable? because if it is, add paladin to the list? how deep does this change go, and how do we fix it? would it be game breaking if we just also threw a bunch of magic acc on other weapons?
    Blu an use the club.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Blu an use the club.
    How crappy will it be if blus have to run around wielding clubs all the time?
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    How crappy will it be if blus have to run around wielding clubs all the time?
    Yeah, that's terrible, off handing an 88dmg weapon with massive magic acc and atk stats.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Yeah, that's terrible, off handing an 88dmg weapon with massive magic acc and atk stats.
    No, You're right. Tell them it's awesome. I don't care. My samurai isn't off handing a club.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    No, You're right. Tell them it's awesome. I don't care. My samurai isn't off handing a club.
    -if BLU was a strong melee job that >90% of utily is just melee dmg and club wasn't their 2nd choice weapon yes wielding a club would be gimp.
    -it's 3rd higher DPS weapon a BLU can equip, if you dont have buramenkha only other offhand decent "melee" option is an upgraded plasm CLUB
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    -if BLU was a strong melee job that >90% of utily is just melee dmg and club wasn't their 2nd choice weapon yes wielding a club would be gimp.
    -it's 3rd higher DPS weapon a BLU can equip, if you dont have buramenkha only other offhand decent "melee" option is an upgraded plasm CLUB
    Yeah, no... that's ... that's... totally awesome...
    (0)

another missed aspect with ilvl is kick attacks for monk , my attack rounds read like 3-500 x2-8 and the occasionl 97ish damage kick. there's a huge gap in hth damage and kick damage now.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

"blue can use clubs" kinda misses the point. if you're happy being locked into using clubs, fine. but everybody else, especially those on jobs without the option... are still just as screwed.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    "blue can use clubs" kinda misses the point. if you're happy being locked into using clubs, fine. but everybody else, especially those on jobs without the option... are still just as screwed.
    What is it with you people? YOU'RE NOT USING CLUBS, YOU"RE NOT MAIN HANDING THE DAMN THING, YOU ARE OFF HANDING A CLUB. A SINGLE CLUB THAT IS VERY ACCESSABLE. God forbid a job with decent skill in a weapon, uses the damn weapon when it has the acc and dmg you're lookig for in spades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    another missed aspect with ilvl is kick attacks for monk , my attack rounds read like 3-500 x2-8 and the occasionl 97ish damage kick. there's a huge gap in hth damage and kick damage now.
    Yeah, I used to have 5/5 kick merits for the extra atks, but now I too them out. I got sick of seeing the 2-40dmg.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 08-05-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No .. just no. So much with the last few posts.

After the recent 1H fix's BLU most certainly isn't a "3rd tier DD", it's quite close to the rest. Stop comparing a fully buffed DRK/WAR/SAM/DRG/MNK to an unbuffed solo BLU/RDM. The only issue it faces is with Req being incredibly sensitive to buffs / debuffs, if something should go down you'll see a pretty sharp drop in damage output, DRK's face the same issue anyway. I've gone BLU/WAR to Tojil before, it absolutely destroys that entire zone

Next update will fix the weird MND mod problem which is the only issue BLU faces. That and idiots thinking blue magic actually constitutes a viable source of damage now.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast