Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Courier Carrie, one of a kind?

Okay, so I browsed through all of the BST threads to make sure no one had touched on this and frankly I'm surprised no one had...

First off, Courier Carrie is by far the coolest looking pet among all of the jug pets, in so much that for a long while he felt like a mascot to that of the BST community. But now he has been left behind as his level cap is only 75. Yes I know its true, with Beast Affinity you can raise his cap to 85, and then with Relic Gloves you can push it to a solid 90, but unless your doing something where you do not need a strong pet, Courier Carrie just lacks the "oomph" he once had. So I ask you with the deepest passion in my heart, can we restore Courier Carrie to the throne he once sat upon?

On another topic, probably something for another thread, but why is Courier Carrie the only unique pet design? Don't you all think that more of the HQ pets should have gotten a more unique look? Well that about wraps it up for me. What do you all think? I'd really like some feedback on the topic.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    On another topic, probably something for another thread, but why is Courier Carrie the only unique pet design? Don't you all think that more of the HQ pets should have gotten a more unique look?
    Yep. When I first started leveling BST I saw Courier Carrie and thought "aww so cool! All HQ pets are going to be really unique with little hats and bow ties!" and then BOOM! They all look the same.

They obviously had someone on the dev team who loved/had crabs.
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    First off, Courier Carrie is by far the coolest looking pet among all of the jug pets, in so much that for a long while he felt like a mascot to that of the BST community.
    Oh, those were the days. The power of the almighty axe, represented in spirit form by...a dinky little crab with baskets bolted to its shell. Seriously, not even a normal sized crab. A runt. And to think...30 minutes? That was it?

If aquatic mastery's the name of the game, nostalgia begone! I call Toloi to my side, and all is well again. I think.

But anyway, I heard Delve is all about basket-crabs and orcish axes (Way to rub salt into the relic wound SE... So the delve axe looks like a Stage 1-4 Guttler?).

Don't you all think that more of the HQ pets should have gotten a more unique look?
    Absolutely. I know they're (SE's dev team) probably way too busy, but like how some lynxes are wearing bracelets, or...basket-crab's...baskets. Or giant pugils.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    They obviously had someone on the dev team who loved/had crabs.
    Loved them enough to hammer spikes into their carapace?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

I love you enough to hammer spikes into your carapace. IDK how that goes though, good or bad.

Regardless, Courier Carrie was only used so often due to it being dirt cheap to make, over-all it was a rather average pet that offered a decent spread of defensive abilities. BUT, Thats not to say I don't feel Courier Carrie is awesome and a I always did feel it was kinda a mascot for the job before that dumb not-at-all unique frog abomination...

I always kinda hoped HQ Pets had some unique flavor too them, but outside of Carrie they were all just the same old crap. Also, Cargo Crab Collin not having Carries model is a sin in itself. Second also, I f**king loved Nadrs when i was leveling up. Third also, I miss nostalgiablahblahblah ( )
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Loved them enough to hammer spikes into their carapace?
    What doesn't kill them makes them stronger.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    BUT, Thats not to say I don't feel Courier Carrie is awesome and a I always did feel it was kinda a mascot for the job before that dumb not-at-all unique frog abomination...
    Sheep. Sheep, everywhere.

And the frog...well, it's an okay pet to call for Royal Jelly BCNM.
    (0)

Sheep everywhere didn't begin til after the cap was raised past 75 though , before then it was mostly carrie... I liked the Antlion pet though too... I mean, When they increased the cap to 99 they added a lot of new pets, but what about our oldies! QQ.
    (1)