Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dead horse, fifteen-billionth stick but--

Pursuing REM upgrades was advancing yourself while still being proud of past accomplishments.

Demon is completely right, FFXI is the mmo that was about an uphill climb rather than an elevator. The mistake the devs have made is in trying to change that. There are TONS of other games where you can have your elevator, but there's none that I know of where 3 or 7 year old gear is not necessarily obselete..

Gear has just gotten absurd now. After this update, you won't need to try to haste-cap most the time, you just will be because it's all over absurdly good gear. It struck me as funny when I put together an (lol) PLD-DD set a few months ago and realized no tweaking was needed, because I happened to be haste capped along with good att, acc, and DA.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephrose View Post
    This mostly tells me you dislike change and especially hate change with it is outside your favor. A game is meant to challenge you in new and exciting ways. Going back to old and boring equipment is not advancing yourself but rather holding on to the past with illusions of greatness. That might have been the approach pre-Adoulin but it is not anymore. The Dev's themselves stated it was their mistake to hold on to the past and progress everything laterally. This is the reason for the vertical movement forward. They want YOU to achieve greater heights! They don't want to continue driving something that has been around for years, they want to present us with something new. So let them!
    If you spent 10 years of your life earning a masters degree, job experience from various jobs, earned something for putting in the time, money, only for a new job to appear that allows everyone to skip college and puts your masters degree to shame.

Then all right, that means life will be easier for everybody to earn a decent living without needing higher education.

But I believe DJ has the right to feel the way he does just like the rest of those who spent all that time and money to earn a relic. Only to be replaced instantly with something easier and better.

Good for everyone else but just not right for those that thought it was worth the effort to earn what they thought were the best. And we are not talking about a 20 mil item. Some of these relics go beyond 200 mil+.

And daily limit of accessing Dyna for currency ect makes it longer to work on their relics than Delve allowing anyone to earn plasm anytime as many times as you want per day.
    (4)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-25-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Player
    Damage has been done. I think SE should now remove the access Dyna once per day to make it fair for those wanting to make a relic now. Pointless to dedicate all that time and effort on something that you can get a way better weapon than this in a fraction of the time without having to spend any gil.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    If you spent 10 years of your life earning a masters degree, job experience from various jobs, earned something for putting in the time, money, only for a new job to appear that allows everyone to skip college and puts your masters degree to shame.

Then all right, that means life will be easier for everybody to earn a decent living without needing higher education.

But I believe DJ has the right to feel the way he does just like the rest of those who spent all that time and money to earn a relic. Only to be replaced instantly with something easier and better.

Good for everyone else but just not right for those that thought it was worth the effort to earn what they thought were the best. And we are not talking about a 20 mil item. Some of these relics go beyond 200 mil+.

And daily limit of accessing Dyna for currency ect makes it longer to work on their relics than Delve allowing anyone to earn plasm anytime as many times as you want per day.
    This happens in life all the time. Using a degree might not be the best analogy, however. People move from job responsibilities all the time. Times change and once old practices become easier with newer technology. It's not to say the old practices or tools are not useful, they are merely inefficient.

We see this same concept in the game already. It has just not fully taken shape until now. Rather than trying to hold on to something that will eventually become obsolete again, while not move on to something more exciting, new and challenging.

I'll be the first to say I like the old stuff as much as the last. I love salvage and will continue to gain pieces from it. But I'm not going to use them over other pieces that would otherwise make me stronger and fulfill mode role more effectively.

Just get over it and move forward. You never know, you might end up enjoying it more than you think.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'll just pose a few questions then.

There were overlaps between relics and mythic. Why do they have to be made obsolete now?

There were overlaps between Relics Mythics and Empyrian weapons. Why do they have to be obsolete now?

If they gave people the option of doing dynamis, salvage, abyssea or delve to get an ultimate weapon, how would that hurt you?

Why do the same people who complain about lazy casuals getting something for free also think that people who worked hard for months / years for gear should have it become crap compared to things that were obtained in a day?
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I'll just pose a few questions then.

There were overlaps between relics and mythic. Why do they have to be made obsolete now?

There were overlaps between Relics Mythics and Empyrian weapons. Why do they have to be obsolete now?

If they gave people the option of doing dynamis, salvage, abyssea or delve to get an ultimate weapon, how would that hurt you?

Why do the same people who complain about lazy casuals getting something for free also think that people who worked hard for months / years for gear should have it become crap compared to things that were obtained in a day?
    Simply this, "Time wins all MMOs."

Not everyone has the time to play more than 2-3hrs a night, let alone every other night. For those that have outside livesl; a 9-5 jobs, children, social friends, a 2nd job, and so forth... This allows them to catch up at a more accelerated rate while still being second rate to some of the higher end gear.

If you spent days, months or years on completing some virtual bit to give you a woody, good for you. I spent 9 months to get an ochain solo, on and off from the game, and I was happy with the end result. Even now, with changes to the game, I'll be happy if they came out with another shield that made Ochain obsolete. Just means I will have to start working on that, which might take me another 9 months.

Really, in the end, it is your right to feel the way you do. No one is taking that feeling away from you. I'm simply saying, give it a break and try something new. Crying about the past isn't going to make now or the future happier.
    (0)

Player
    This mostly tells me you dislike change and especially hate change with it is outside your favor.
    I am fine with change, what I am not fine with is playing a game which plays differently than most others simply for that fact, only for that game to change to conform to what other games of its genre do. This game has been different than many other games around for a while now, its been special in a way for that reason, people like myself who do not like or want our items to be outdated every month or two have had a home here. Now, if this all changes, if things are outdated left and right, and we keep progressing in this kind of way, what happens to that special part of the game that was different? Its gone. So I oppose this change? Yes, but not for the fact of it being change, but rather, I am against what this method of change brings with it, you want to give me new armors but make them faster to get? Fine, weapons have to say though, to much work people have put into those, and the armor can not take forever for the majority of players to get, otherwise you kill off most incentive to do it, as people will feel like its to much work for such a short lived reward.

A game is meant to challenge you in new and exciting ways. Going back to old and boring equipment is not advancing yourself but rather holding on to the past with illusions of greatness. That might have been the approach pre-Adoulin but it is not anymore.
    The amount of people leaving since such a change was made seems to have increased immensely as well, to simply ignore that fact would be foolish, and an enormous error on SE's part. I agree that gear should be upgraded, but there is no reason to kill off something people worked so hard on and think of as a personal treasure. For instance, look at Salvage II gear, it was upgraded, made a +1 version, it was gear many people worked hard to get and once it was upgraded some people were more than happy to wear it once again with better stats. I do not think a piece of 75 gear should beat out a piece of 99 gear, but a piece of 75 gear which was hard to obtain should be upgraded into 99 gear in some form so that people can hold onto it, and keep it useful. This is much the same as what happened to Relics & Mythics, and it did wonders for pleasing the playerbase who had these weapons, as everyone with them kept a symbol of their hard work & effort, it was not simply shoved aside. Perhaps the cause of more people leaving this game now is because their approach is different, and people simply do not like the new approach, causing them to leave. Just because you change directions, does not mean its a good one.

The Dev's themselves stated it was their mistake to hold on to the past and progress everything laterally.
    They also said Abyssea was a mistake, one of the most rewarding and enjoyable things they added, which was not even a full expansion, rather, an add-on with cloned zones of places we already had. Just because they say its a mistake, does not mean it is one, they think some of their best things in this game are failures it seems, after all, Abyssea had flaws, but it brought a lot to the game that helped out, like faster leveling so people could play more jobs easily, or actually rewarding players more quickly without horrible drops, 24~72 hour pop times, and such. They already called one of their successes a mistake, and I think they are doing the same here.

This is the reason for the vertical movement forward. They want YOU to achieve greater heights! They don't want to continue driving something that has been around for years, they want to present us with something new. So let them!
    Its not something new though, its devaluing all of my previous work. I worked hard over a 6 month period to build an Excalibur, a great sword of legend I have heard of since I was a small child, one of the first things I saw when joining this game, something I looked at the requirements for and thought I could never obtain. I went through 6 months of hard work to build that sword, I was incredibly happy when I finished it because I knew it was special, it was the best, and it was an accomplishment, I enjoyed knowing that through all that hard work, I got something worth it all. Now that 6 months I spent, seems like it was a waste. After all that time, all that work, the effort, the time, even the stress I occasionally put myself through because I just wanted to finish it, and I hated Dynamis, but in the end, it was a waste for now. I did all of that, worked so hard, and now a weapon from a giant red dinosaur completely trumps it in every possible way. There are is another weapon which are stronger as well, not by a small bit, by a mile, Halachunic, which I own, and it had me store away my Excalibur.

In the end, I do not want something new, I do not want these toys I am trying for right now. I want them in the sense that right now, I have to get them, or be very weak by compare to others around me. But I do not want them in the same sense I wanted Excalibur. Excalibur was special, it was a hard goal, but a worthy one, and upon finishing it, I felt like I did something worth all of that time, these new weapons bring nothing of that feeling. Instead of bringing me that, it feels like it was all put to shame, a waste, so do not ask me to accept that, do not ask me to just move on, ignore the old weapon I worked so hard for, all the time I put in, instead, try to understand why people are so attached, why people care so deeply. We do not care so much because we hate change, its not because we do not like new items, its because we worked so hard for this, it should not be taken away with so little care, and us forced to move on. To take away the power my Excalibur had, to make it nothing more than second rate, a weak old sword from a forgotten time when Adoulin was nothing more than a far off country we heard of once or twice, is the same to me as devaluing my accomplishment, as though it meant nothing in the end, when to me it meant something, & I feel it is unjust to simply take that away from someone, and make it so weak by compare, when it deserves to be special, powerful, and even legendary, much as its name suggests of it.
    (4)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Square-Enix recognizes that Relic, Mythic and Empyrean Weapon owners are unhappy with the gap in performance between those weapons and the weapons received from Delve battles.

To address this concern, Broker Moogles will be placed in Windurst Walls, Port Bastok, and Port San d'Oria that will allow you to exchange the weapons for items that Square-Enix considers to be more valuable in today's in-game gear economy.

Players will have the option of redeeming one of the following items:

- Chocobo Masque +2 (same as a Chocobo's Masque +1, with one additional DEF)
    - Chocobo Suit +2 (Dispense: Chocopass)
    - Cuddly Shank (spawns Moth, drops Offending Ring)
    - Honey Sippy Cup (spawns Fafnope, drops Ridiculous)
    - Blue Pondscum (spawns Adamantoy, drops... what the heck does Adamantoise drop anyway?)
    - Charm Candy (temporarily transforms your character's haircut; one-time use)

In other words, everything's going to be fine.
    (5)
    Last edited by Renaissance2K; 07-25-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Player
    Crying about the past isn't going to make now or the future happier.
    How is one to suggest change unless it by complaints? Surely something which is not complained about is accepted, and something accepted need not be changed. If changing back to what we once had is the only way to make things happier for people like myself, then would the future not hold some promise of such happiness only so long as we do our part to offer feedback & complaints as we do? After all, if we say nothing, chances are it will be accepted as something good, and as such will never be changed, leaving us in nothing but misery, or simply leading us to leave the game, while not going to another as its once different concepts for how progression shall work are of a dying breed, one I have not seen in recent years from any game besides this.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    A game is meant to challenge you in new and exciting ways.

ITT farming 30k plasm is challenging.

Riddle me this batman. Why can't I take my Bravura, farm 30k plasm, and get a Bravura that is comparable to my bloodbath axe? Then turn in a rockfin tooth to make it comparable to razorfury?
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast