Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyx View Post
    On topic: I'd say most of your questions are completely valid, Byrth, save the question at the end of point 5.
    Thanks, and I know. That's why I said at the beginning of point 5 that it would be more of a statement than anything else. I just turned it into a question to keep the same format as the other points. =p

Also ValronXI, a part of the TOS I didn't quote (and another seemingly unenforced part) is the part that says SE bans resubscribers to any of their services. So if you're banned from FFXI and resubscribe, it says they'll ban you again. Heck, the way they have it worded they could ban you from FFXIV for having been banned from FFXI in the past. Then again, as long as they keep the catch-all they could ban you even if you hadn't been banned before.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Also ValronXI, a part of the TOS I didn't quote (and another seemingly unenforced part) is the part that says SE bans resubscribers to any of their services. So if you're banned from FFXI and resubscribe, it says they'll ban you again. Heck, the way they have it worded they could ban you from FFXIV for having been banned from FFXI in the past. Then again, as long as they keep the catch-all they could ban you even if you hadn't been banned before.
    There is one prominent member of the broadcast FFXI community (or at least has been for a while) who was banned for Salvage duping and allowed to return.

There was another player who was on my LS when I was on Siren and helped out on a lot of stuff. I eventually found out, though (and that my LS completely withheld the information from me), which basically forced me to report my own account to the STF for any possible malfeasance, and to find another server to play on.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcade View Post
    There is one prominent member of the broadcast FFXI community (or at least has been for a while) who was banned for Salvage duping and allowed to return.

There was another player who was on my LS when I was on Siren and helped out on a lot of stuff. I eventually found out, though (and that my LS completely withheld the information from me), which basically forced me to report my own account to the STF for any possible malfeasance, and to find another server to play on.
    Several people from the Salvage Bans who got LM-11'd or perma-17s were eventually allowed to come back, but all the ones I know of were people who know people.

I'm kind of confused on the second part. Someone helped your LS out a lot and had been banned before, so you GMed yourself and changed servers? Maybe I'm missing something, but if they aren't banning him then they probably won't ban you for partying with him, and there's nothing in the TOS besides their catch-all that would give them the right to ban you. I don't think you understand how common what you're describing is.

Heck, I know people who still play that got banned back in 2004 for MPKing people with the BST job quest Kraken in Qufim before the MPK patch. Turns out they aren't 15 years old anymore, so they aren't doing stupid stuff like that anymore either. I take SE's failure to enforce this to be their version of a second chance. Many people have grown up from hormonal teenagers to married men and women, and it seems stupid to perma ban them away from the friends they have grown up with because they acted like dumb teenagers when they were dumb teenagers.

Think about it, if they banned by credit card still even Rambus would be gone just because they banned his mule for a stupid reason. Heck, I had a friend who server-hopped his mule with 100mil to buy currency on another server (where it was cheaper) for his Claustrum and they banned his mule.
    (3)

Character
    Goujian
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Oh? If it's that clear cut, why have any part of the ToS beyond that section?

Might as well just say, "Hey, you don't like it get bant!"

Pretty much. Companies don't like making things simple. Naturally, they make it much longer to sway the majority of people from reading how they have no rights to the goods they just purchased. Hurts business, I'd imagine.

I could totally be mistaken, but the gardening bans happened because they were selling their useless stuff to the same NPC that RMT were using in Bastok Mines.

Pretty sure you won't find 'SELLING STUFFZ TO GALKAS IS BANNABLE' in the ToS. Totally should be, though.
    (0)

Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    I've always been curious about whether or not .dat modding armor, faces, hair, monsters, etc... aesthetically could be classified as a violation of the TOS.
    (0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs&feature=BF&list=PLB5F836BEB04E9DF1&index=8

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

I notice you used to have your character (and maybe still do if you changed your character name) on FFXIAH. Technically that site gathers data in a similar manner as a parser. Do you think you should get banned for using that site?
    (2)
    Last edited by Kyte; 03-31-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I notice you used to have your character (and maybe still do if you changed your character name). Technically that site gathers data in a similar manner as a parser. Do you think you should get banned for using that site?
    Uhhh, you're missing part of your statement here. You may wish to edit and try again. If you believe I am using a parser, that definitely is for the Special Task Force to examine, as I said before.

FFXIAH, may I assume? Depends on whether Square-Enix allows it...
    (0)

Square Enix allows a lot of things. It's still not legit. Even if you stop using FFXIAH, you've already used it. Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Uhhh, you're missing part of your statement here. You may wish to edit and try again. If you believe I am using a parser, that definitely is for the Special Task Force to examine, as I said before.

Yes I did, I must have been really tired when I wrote that lol

Anywho, the point is that the line between "cheating" and "being legit" or whatever is a little broader than you are giving credit.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Yes I did, I must have been really tired when I wrote that lol

Anywho, the point is that the line between "cheating" and "being legit" or whatever is a little broader than you are giving credit.
    I disagree entirely. Any "broadening" is a function of Square-Enix being unwilling to enforce their rules, plus a player-base who has taken great joy in taking advantage of same.
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast