Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Armond
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    25 hours longest here, technically. Took 6 hours to get him to even 50% due to only having 5-7 COR at low % then maintenance was announced for one hour later so no chance to finish. Went to bed and logged at the battlefield, logged back on and it was still going with him at 99% rejoined and fought for another 8 hours or so slowly getting more COR. All that so I wouldn't lose 50k bayld that I could have farmed back in a few hours.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    13.5 hours, one frustrated player trained all of the mobs to MPK everyone, after everyone took a break and regrouped and had started making progress. I am sorry, if this is how this is supposed to work by design, it is bad design.
    Funny thing is, MPKing you lot actually IS a valid tactic. It means you aren't doing things like keeping Yumcax in it's regen state and you actually got time to read the shouts. Yumcax's regen can be countered by dealing wind damage.

It's also possible they were trying to kill the people stuck in the terrain behind the Oops Moogle, so they could be tractored.

I was on a 25% col rate Yumcax that was at 98-100% HP for the first 30 minutes while people were getting into the reive. Then people started shouting in every known language (I swear there even was someone shouting in Klingon) what the tactic was, and it died 3.5 hours later (mostly due to low col rate). If you aren't doing wind damage, you kill adds. If you can't kill adds, you support those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moppet View Post
    Blah, that sucks. I didn't know Wildreives could take that long.
    They only last that long if you don't know what you are doing. Which is pretty common at first.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I just logged back in, and it's still going on, verified by players who were here when I logged. 24 hours+ and counting!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    13.5 hours, one frustrated player trained all of the mobs to MPK everyone, after everyone took a break and regrouped and had started making progress. I am sorry, if this is how this is supposed to work by design, it is bad design.
    Imagine if you spend 12 hours then emergency maintenance forced you and everyone to log off.... Seriously...
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    27 hours, dead finally.
    (2)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I was dealing with Yumcax for around 13 hours the other day. I found myself dozing off several times during this. I was starting to lose my sanity, and yet I didn't want to give up my 70k bayld either.

Of course on one hand, we as players know that a lower colonization rate will mean a more difficult Wildskeeper Reive. However, with 70+ people in the zone at all times, there is absolutely no reason this should be taking as long as it is to kill. This needs to be adjusted, and it needs to be adjusted now.

This is 2013, fights shouldn't take more than a few hours at most, regardless of things like col. rate etc.
    (8)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Five hours or above is too long, for any single event. SE still have their lol-comment when you log in about "don't forget your real life and family and friends" then they throw out NMs that can take an entire day to beat. What this means in real terms is that anyone with an actual real job/education & responsibilities is automatically eliminated from obtaining certain gear. The fact that SE did *not* realise this back in 2005~ when alliances were farming 18 Ohats in a run, which could go on for 9 hours in some cases, and people were dropping out because they were too tired after working all day in an office or w/e and so they spent their four or five hours evening game time farming hats for ppl but never got theirs. This problem has existed in FFxi for a decade and instead of rectifying it, SE have made the problem go completely steroidic in SOA.
    I bought SOA, and play the quest/mission/coalition storyline content as far as it has currently been released, I give a thumbs-up to SE for Seekers areas, the city and wild zones etc are great, the missions and quests are very enjoyable (to me). I farmed some c.rieve armors I wanted for haste set, but I have 100% /avoid on delve and wk.rieve coz of the time and blunt-instrument nature of the events. I also have reservations about releasing dmg220+ weaps into vanadiel, but thats different.
    (0)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-22-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I was afk while it was defeated and KO'd so no drop, despite actively participating enough to hit the 25k bayld cap. ><

Correction, I reviewed the chatlog and got a cool ebony log woot!
    (1)
    Last edited by Vivivivi; 07-23-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: correction

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    stop blaming SE because playerbase is stupid!
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    stop blaming SE because playerbase is stupid!
    ok!!!!!! XD
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast