Thread: Yorcia Weald

Character
    Eldelphia
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Yorcia Weald

I very rarely make the effort to post on this forum but after yesterday, I really felt I should. I appreciate the new zones but honestly, I don't fathom how Yorcia Weald is an attractive zone for players at the moment.

I'm sure Delve will help but I'm not sure what the thought is behind the zone.

a) It's fairly difficult to get there. This I can accept, we're exploring and colonising and once we have the frontier station we can warp there.

b) The zone is awful to navigate. You start without a map (although we now have access). Not only is it a heavily forested zone which is very maze like, you have a bunch of moving obstacles on top of colonization reives.

c) It is impossible to get to the Wildskeeper Reive solo. You just can't. So if you're not part of a linkshell or even a largish group, you're absolutely screwed. I waited hours for a shout and joined but a friend and I had tried to get to a previous shout which was in progress and we couldn't do it because of the reives.

d) There is not enough incentive to run supplies to the bivouacs. The rewards aren't high enough and to get to them, you need a group. Not only that, you have to navigate through the zone itself which is a nightmare. It's a long enough run to GET to the zone, why make life in the zone so awkward?

e) The map is APPALLING. Are we being trolled? I appreciate it's a forested area. I appreciate that the map may not be complete. Drawing a bunch of trees in a square is not a map, it's a picture. Even if the map had partial trails on it, it would help... I get the idea that it's supposed to be the wilderness, so why bother with a map at all if you don't want it to be helpful? If Players can find trails then let those trails appear on the map!

I've done my Wildskeeper reive and I intend to never go back to this zone unless absolutely forced to.
    (10)
    http://eldelphia.wordpress.com

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The pathways and clearings actually are marked on the map. Look closer!
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    The pathways and clearings actually are marked on the map. Look closer!
    That still leaves the fact that to get to the Wildskeeper Reive, you need to fight your way through 2 colonization reives, while dodging stealth chigoes and true-sight/sound panopts. PUP can solo those reives, and I suspect other pet jobs can as well once they got their lvl 112 pet item, but it still takes a lot of time. (Not that it matters on Yumcax, that one takes ages to kill regardless...) There is a good map on this forum somewhere, with only a few minor errors, so print that one out because the ingame map is useless for navigating.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    That still leaves the fact that to get to the Wildskeeper Reive, you need to fight your way through 2 colonization reives, while dodging stealth chigoes and true-sight/sound panopts. PUP can solo those reives, and I suspect other pet jobs can as well once they got their lvl 112 pet item, but it still takes a lot of time. (Not that it matters on Yumcax, that one takes ages to kill regardless...) There is a good map on this forum somewhere, with only a few minor errors, so print that one out because the ingame map is useless for navigating.
    SE has always encouraged community play when it comes to things like this....

"I'm sorry but the game is working as intended please refer to your community sites for help and assistance."
    (1)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    c) It is impossible to get to the Wildskeeper Reive solo. You just can't. So if you're not part of a linkshell or even a largish group, you're absolutely screwed. I waited hours for a shout and joined but a friend and I had tried to get to a previous shout which was in progress and we couldn't do it because of the reives.
    You can if you're a BST or PUP with that great ability to sic/deploy/whatever your pet WITHOUT losing sneak or invis, then stand at the edge of the reive and do all your /ja to make the pet to skills. Yes, my SMN is not happy about this, because I lose invis when I assault and sneak/invis when I bloodpact. I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug that SE doesn't know about, and of course no one with BST or PUP wants to report it lol.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Bst loses stealth when they command their pet to use a TP move like other pet jobs. They simply retain their stealth when selecting a target for the pet to attack. Then again it's been ages since I've been on BST so maybe it was messed with during the last 3 or so updates.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's my point though, BSTs and PUPs will go right up to the roots/rocks, command pet to attack, run away with sneak and invis still on, and stand out of agro range and command pet to do TP moves. Regardless of this, Yorcia reives still suck. Mobs can be slept but are resistant and hit hard. I attempted to dualbox a colonization reive there the other night, and a PUP showed up just after I attacked. He ran up invis, commanded pet to attack, still invis, and ran to the back of the reive out of agro range. I died to agro shortly after, and died two more times trying to reraise because the PUP was still attacking. Ended up homepointing in frustration -_-
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Quedari View Post
    That's my point though, BSTs and PUPs will go right up to the roots/rocks, command pet to attack, run away with sneak and invis still on, and stand out of agro range and command pet to do TP moves. Regardless of this, Yorcia reives still suck. Mobs can be slept but are resistant and hit hard. I attempted to dualbox a colonization reive there the other night, and a PUP showed up just after I attacked. He ran up invis, commanded pet to attack, still invis, and ran to the back of the reive out of agro range. I died to agro shortly after, and died two more times trying to reraise because the PUP was still attacking. Ended up homepointing in frustration -_-
    And it'll take the PUP an hour or a BST 2 hours to kill just one of the reive targets that way. (because SE decided to buff every pet job but BST) Whereas a well equipped SMN can clear a reive obstacle in 10 minutes solo if they can bloodpact. (Or all 3 at once if they keep getting their 2 hour back.)

And they can't issue pet commands from outside aggro range In Yorcia. For some reason they decided to make Marjami reives big enough to host a dinner party outside aggro range, but Yorcia's have no safe place to stand, because the enemies aggro anywhere where you have tags.
    (4)
    Last edited by Louispv; 08-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    this zone's map is a complete waste. thanks for nothing.
    (3)

Greetings,

As many of you may already know there are various passageways that open and close depending on the time of day in Yorcia Weald, but once the colonization rate for this zone has reached a certain percentage these pathways will remain open.

Certain passageways will require differing colonization rates to remain open, but once the colonization rate of the zone has been increased it will be much easier to move around this area.

As we previously mentioned, we will be temporarily removing the true sight monsters as well as boosting the rewards for "Support: Yorcia Weald" in the version update scheduled to take place next week, and we think you will have a bit easier time boosting up the colonization rate after these adjustments.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast