Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

A Bit of Rune Fencer Feedback

So, far I've really been enjoying this job but there's just a few things that bug me about it. The first thing is that I'm spend almost all of my time in battles either using abilities or casting spells. There are so many effects to balance that it can get a bit ridiculous it's like playing solo RDM used to be. I feel this job is in desperate need of a composure-like ability or job trait.

Another thing is that given how dependent on Enhancing Magic our job is you'd think it'd have access to Erase or Haste or Temper or Gain-skill, however we have access to none of these spells. I feel RUN should at the very least have access to Erase, the others I could see upsetting balance a little bit but Erase it should definitely have.

Foil is something that is also missing it's mark pretty bad, the duration of the spell versus it's MP cost are just awful and with that 1 second casting time you can't get it up fast enough to stop ~50% of TP moves at the very least it should have a .5 second casting time and probably a lower MP cost, that's just my opinion though. I still seem to get hit by most TP moves when it's up anyway.
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah SE still got alot of work to do with run, however they took a big step in the right direction. Composure like ability is highly needed on run, I have to fulltime at least 10 buffs during battles "Shadows, 3 runes, aquaveil, stonskin, icespikes, protect, shell, foil, vallation/valiance" and the runes constantly have to be reapplied because of gambits and lunges. I really dont like embolden its god awful really, its never worth it because it short the duration of the buff by 50%, SE needs to completely restructure this ability.

Next Liement Ward is awful i mean awful, it only last 8 seconds, and it wipes vallation/valiance upon it use. Moreover, as a run/nin i never let my shadows fall just to make a attempt to absorb a magic spell. This needs to be addressed, fixed and possibly restructured. I would like to see this ability become useful, Liement ward should get first priority over shadows in the lines of protection, for example the lines of protect should go Liement Ward > shadows > stoneskin before you take a hit.
    (1)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree with you on Embolden. The ability is kind of bad because the spells cost the same amount of MP but in the long run are worse. I know it's for emergency situations but with the way you have to play RUN if you find yourself in an emergency situation you're probably already dead because the job just can't take raw hits. It's all about preparation with RUN. If it were 200% potency and 50% duration it might actually be worth using.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    I agree with you on Embolden. The ability is kind of bad because the spells cost the same amount of MP but in the long run are worse. I know it's for emergency situations but with the way you have to play RUN if you find yourself in an emergency situation you're probably already dead because the job just can't take raw hits. It's all about preparation with RUN. If it were 200% potency and 50% duration it might actually be worth using.
    I dont think they can give 200% increase potency to embolden because that will intrude on rdm second 2hr ability and rdms will call foul, embolden should maybe be changed to some type of stance that offers 2 buffs. Embolden reminds me of have last resort use to be for drks, SE took years to fix it I hope it doesnt take the same period of time for them to address this. Next Liement Ward need to be fixed badly, make this ability actually help run, it cannot last only 8 seconds.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I find Embolden's only place really is with Protect IV solo to make it protect V or Protectra V when received because of its already long duration, matching the 10 min recast. Anything with SCH perpetuance also would be ok, since the extended duration would counter-balance the side-effects of Embolden. Other than that, really isn't worth its salt.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I find Embolden's only place really is with Protect IV solo to make it protect V or Protectra V when received because of its already long duration, matching the 10 min recast. Anything with SCH perpetuance also would be ok, since the extended duration would counter-balance the side-effects of Embolden. Other than that, really isn't worth its salt.
    That's how I have been using embolden since I have gotten it. I always embolden + highest level protect unless I need it for shell. Shell V with embolden is ~36% magic damage reduction. One should easily be able to cap MDR with that if needed.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    By the way this needs to be said, run restorative capabilities are absymal, regens dont cut it. We should be able to use light runes to restore hp, runes need more and better uses. I was watching a pld tank hurkan and I was like damn I wish i could do that. I was trying to tank tchakka and that didnt go to well, why because run cant mitigate physical damage and special attacks eat through shadows and battuta. Futhermore, pld is superior at reducing all kinds of damage, there not strong against physical damage and weak at reducing magical damage, so why run have to be strong agianst magic damage and weak against physical. Moreover, aegis pld is better at reducing magical damage than run.

Run need to have caps lifted off it in the field of magic damage reduction, ability to parry, ability to evade, and JA that dramatically increase physical/magical evasion. Run need more powerful original spells, and we should be able to greatly mitigate physical damage and be superior at mitigating magical damage. SE has alot more work to do.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    special attacks eat through shadows and battuta.
    This is being addressed in the August update, where fewer shadows will be eaten by AOE TP moves if you are wielding a 100+ weapon in main hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Run need to have caps lifted off it in the field of magic damage reduction, ability to parry, ability to evade, and JA that dramatically increase physical/magical evasion. Run need more powerful original spells, and we should be able to greatly mitigate physical damage and be superior at mitigating magical damage. SE has alot more work to do.
    RUN already has a far superior parrying cap, and with Batutta 5/5 it's around 38%. Assuming that the likes of Bereaver and Senbaak will get parrying on them too, this means we might have half a chance of getting near to that cap on stuff that matters, too.

I'll hold judgement until I see what we get. If it's terrible though, I'll be putting my merits back into H2H and Shijin Spiral, since MNK is getting all of SE's love right now.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    yeah but we only get to break the parry cap with battuta for 90 secs, pld breaks damage caps with its GEAR. No other job can do that, it break damage reduction caps with burtgang and aegis, run needs to break parry cap in a similiar way. We need more than a 90 second cap break.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    probably AF gear will have parry stuffs
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast