Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    rly? becaus http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Parry on bgwiki it lists the hard cap as 20% and I recall you yourself in another post mentioning you were getting a greater than 50% parry rate with battuta up, which a 20% hard cap would allow
    heck I've parsed greater than 5% parry on sam >_>
    however it would be nice to see "enhances inquarta" or "unlimits parry rate" on rune af
    I had assumed that I was just eyeballing it wrong. I also just went back to where I had got my info from and it seems I was mis-reading the info there. I was sure that it capped at 5% so I guess I just made what I was reading fit into that lol.

But yeah, you're right. 20% is base. If we can cap it, that's a total of 53% parrying with 5/5 Battuta, 33% without, and here's to hoping that if an AF piece increases Inquartata, it is actually useful to full-time, at least whilst tanking (can we dream of haste, -PDT and inquartata up?)
    (1)

Player
    5% parrying rate is actually the floor rather than the ceiling, but that's an easy mistake to make. The parrying skill VS "something that monsters have that's probably just level" check is not a kind check, and usually floors parrying rate on anything vaguely difficult regardless of a player's parrying skill.

It'll be really interesting to see how the new +Parrying Skill weapons affect all this, since the better ones stand to increase Parrying Skill by half or more its current value.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    This is being addressed in the August update, where fewer shadows will be eaten by AOE TP moves if you are wielding a 100+ weapon in main hand.
    Thanks Matsui for screwing this option for us. On that note -PDT will also not be a primary stat on new gear, so probably just one peice now. Unless RUN AF has significant boosts to Battuta and/or Inquartata, we can say goodbye to tanking anything in Adoulin.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Thanks Matsui for screwing this option for us. On that note -PDT will also not be a primary stat on new gear, so probably just one peice now. Unless RUN AF has significant boosts to Battuta and/or Inquartata, we can say goodbye to tanking anything in Adoulin.
    Yeah, I'll get my AF, see how it performs, then likely remove all of my great sword and resolution merits, and put them back into H2H and Shijin Spiral.

It's a shame. I was looking forward to playing RUN.
    (1)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Originally Posted by Babekeke
    This is being addressed in the August update, where fewer shadows will be eaten by AOE TP moves if you are wielding a 100+ weapon in main hand.

I'm confused on how that screws us up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    Originally Posted by Babekeke

I'm confused on how that screws us up.
    Because they now said that it's NIN main only >.>
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Oh. Didn't know. It doesn't really affect us because we never had it. I think if we get parry to activate nearly as much as it does with Batutta, then we should be ok. Let's see what the new activation rate will be with the new skills on weapons and on AF.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Called the one piece of -PDT. Full set gives +10 MDB along with copious amounts of evasion/MEva. Tons of other stats too (though many of them come with being iLvl 109 pieces. That being said, I've been playing around a lot as RUN and find I do surprisingly well. No data to produce on parry rates at the moment that I've seen, but as far as job quests go, RUN does remarkably well. I tanked the fish while everyone else sent pets at it and was able to resist charm quite often through Tenebrae x3/Pflug. Dropped it only to Sulpor x6 > Battuta, Vallation, Gambit, Lunge. Elemental for GEO AF3 quest is also completely dominated by a group of RUNs. Barstone/Petrify + Lux x3 and you're pretty well defended from anything it shoves at you.

That being said, I've only gone so far as soloing 1 Tough at a time in Yorcia Weald, so our abilities in supertanking are still lacking and NMs are still pretty far out of the way. Step in the right direction with this AF, but still have work to do.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Called the one piece of -PDT.
    I believe 2 do I think the hands and the pants both have -pdt but since it's only 5% might as well only be 1 piece but I completely agree that this is a really really nice set for RUN. I've been able to tank much better with it and the refresh/regen buffs are very nice. The fast cast is also really useful. Only thing I see being a problem is that we're probably going to be stuck in this suit for quite a while because of how good it is for the time being.
    (0)

With all that Evasion in the full Runeist set, it would be surprising if anything below an EM monster or Delve NM could string together enough hits to warrant more than the -PDT it has. Tried it out with a Frenzied Mantis (rated DC) and it barely touched me enough to justify casting Regen.

A bit disappointed Attack wasn't included in the set at all but not too despondent since the Dux Scale Mail set didn't have any, either.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast