7/19 Test Server Update – Monstrosity

Greetings!

Below is a message from Ryota Iwagami in regards to the additions and adjustments made to Monstrosity during the Test Server update that took place today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryota_Iwagami View Post
    Hello.

With the June 19th Test Server update, we’ve made updates to the testing content for Monstrosity.

Below are the aspects we would like you all to test out:
    • Flow leading up to the starting quest
    • Customization
    • Unlockable elements

Below is a point by point break down detailing the specifics we would like you to test out and give feedback on.
    • Flow leading up to the starting quest

NPCs in each of the three nations will guide you towards the starting quest for Monstrosity, and quests can be received from the NPC “Suspicious Hume” who is located in Pashhow Marshlands (E-12). Please tell us whether aspects leading up to the quest are too difficult or inconvenient.

• Customization

After reviewing the quest explanations in-game and trying out the customization process, please let us know if any of it comes across as difficult to understand.

*Experience points needed to reach the next level will reset when changing monster types and we'll be adding an in-game warning prompt for this.

• Unlockable elements

We'd like to receive feedback on the pace for obtaining new sentiencies, new abilities, and new monster types while playing Monstrosity.

While there are not many sentiencies when you first start this content, through leveling up you’ll be able to gradually obtain sentiencies by exchanging points. Once you’ve gotten used to this process you will be able to obtain new monster types and new sentiencies.

We've created exciting content that prepares you each step of the way, so we’d love to hear your thoughts about this gradual unlocking concept to ensure the whole leveling process is fun.
      We're still making adjustments to sentiencies stat parameters, so don't worry about submitting feedback on this just yet.

*Aspects we do not need feedback on:

• Parameters and costs for sentiencies and monster types
    • Required TP to use monster skills
    • Other elements that are thought to be unadjusted

We've put in as much as possible now so you all have a chance to test it, but keep in mind, its still a work in process.

We've also implemented the use of magic spells. Spells you have available to you are the same your various jobs use with the levels set to the same proficiency as the best job for that particular spell. We're still adjusting this as well, but feel free to cast spells in battle and give us your feedback.

We'll do our best to correct text errors throughout, but keep in mind, translations will take some time so this can't be addressed right away. In the meantime we hope to explain the system better through these announcements.

Thank you very much.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    All text on my side to do with the monstrosity NPC are in talking in Japanese, and my Japanese isn't to a high level, so maybe a quick patch to convert it to English would be great, then a full test can begin with formative information. Thanks
    (5)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm enjoying Monstrosity so far. 1 thing; if you log out as a monster, your character's face changes & the level of the monster appears at the login screen. Maybe they meant to have the monster you're playing as appear instead of your character? Secondary, the difficulty leading up to being able to start the quest is easy so that any new or existing player can complete it. I like the variety of spells when leveling. Although you can only cast protectra on yourself, not protect. I also like how your monster isn't on a fixed camera angle & has barely any delay when switching or attempting to fight mobs. I only wish I could understand what these Corpselights are saying. I browsed through Teyrnon's menu & see how to buy the Base Instincts for stat +.

I'm having issues with the 3k ones. I don't know what I'm going to buy since it's in Japanese. I've read on some forums they're different monsters you can change into. Can anyone translate this?

Overall, fun content/something to do if players are bored.
    (0)

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrua View Post
    I'm enjoying Monstrosity so far. 1 thing; if you log out as a monster, your character's face changes & the level of the monster appears at the login screen. Maybe they meant to have the monster you're playing as appear instead of your character? Secondary, the difficulty leading up to being able to start the quest is easy so that any new or existing player can complete it. I like the variety of spells when leveling. Although you can only cast protectra on yourself, not protect. I also like how your monster isn't on a fixed camera angle & has barely any delay when switching or attempting to fight mobs. I only wish I could understand what these Corpselights are saying. I browsed through Teyrnon's menu & see how to buy the Base Instincts for stat +.

I'm having issues with the 3k ones. I don't know what I'm going to buy since it's in Japanese. I've read on some forums they're different monsters you can change into. Can anyone translate this?

Overall, fun content/something to do if players are bored.

I'm not the best at kanji, especially the tiny fonts that ffxi uses, so I skipped that. From what I can see, looks like:

ビースト
    プラントイド
    ヴァーミン

biisuto (beast)
    purantoido (plantoid)
    vaamin (vermin)

Hope that helps.
    (1)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Linku View Post
    I'm not the best at kanji, especially the tiny fonts that ffxi uses, so I skipped that. From what I can see, looks like:

ビースト
    プラントイド
    ヴァーミン

biisuto (beast)
    purantoido (plantoid)
    vaamin (vermin)

Hope that helps.
    Hmm so maybe sheep, sapling & bee. I appreciate it.

Another thing, the instincts don't seem to be working properly when equipped. Some only give all stats +1. Example: Base Instinct II: MP+100 or Base Instinct VI: Attack+20 aren't working at all.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vagrua; 07-26-2013 at 09:16 AM.