Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Skirmish Bayld Farmers

Really? Because of these kids, prices on tier 1 Visages, Torsos and Legs have skyrocketed. Making a profit out of a full run is turning out to be like an unreasonable source of gil now. The main reasons they're doing this is to spam out some Bayld for Wildskeeper Reives and because there is nothing holding people back from getting to the Noetic Ascension and immediately exiting. Oh well!
    (2)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    k

Not sure what the point of this thread was
    (9)

Player
    People are driving the price of Skirmish items up because they buy all of them, make the KI to enter, go with a group of people, run to the Noetic Ascension which gives 5~7k Bayld, and then leaving so they can do it again. Basically its jumping the price so they can get fast Bayld while at the same time making it much harder for people actually trying to do Skirmish to actually get in because the price is higher. In a way, I see how its an abuse, they do the event for no reason other than Bayld then exit and in the end are taking away the ability for other players to do the event for themselves by consuming the market on these items.
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That doesn't sound like abuse at all.
    (9)

Player
    The only reason I can see it as any form of abuse is because the people doing it are only doing the event for a fast way to get bayld without having to do it the way SE meant for it to be done. By doing this people are also taking away from the people who are truly interested in doing Skirmish as a means to getting a strong weapon. Besides that its not really, but it is circumventing the way SE meant for us to get Bayld while at the same time hurting players who want to do Skirmish for its rewards rather than for only Bayld.
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Lower tier skirmish pieces are such common drops now from reives that I can't see this being that severe of a problem. It certainly isn't on my server, at least.
    (2)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    People are driving the price of Skirmish items up because they buy all of them, make the KI to enter, go with a group of people, run to the Noetic Ascension which gives 5~7k Bayld, and then leaving so they can do it again. Basically its jumping the price so they can get fast Bayld while at the same time making it much harder for people actually trying to do Skirmish to actually get in because the price is higher. In a way, I see how its an abuse, they do the event for no reason other than Bayld then exit and in the end are taking away the ability for other players to do the event for themselves by consuming the market on these items.
    Demon understands my point. All 3 Skirmish items together used to cost just under 80k, but now that price has more than tripled to about 250k, currently on my server. Drop such as crafting items, Geomancer scrolls, and now Ghastly Stones +2 sell for a pretty penny, however, since the market for pop items has gone up, the profit from selling these items isn't as rewarding as it used to be. And yes, I doubt SE ever meant for Skirmish to be a quick in-and-out bayld farm.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I doubt SE ever meant for Skirmish to be a quick in-and-out bayld farm
    They also didn't mean for NIN to be a tank; what's your point?
    (10)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Can I complain about the price of HMPs and Umbral Marrows then? If everyone would stop buying them and drive up the price, I could get them for a nickel and a dime! This should totally be addressed!
    (8)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Can I complain about the price of HMPs and Umbral Marrows then? If everyone would stop buying them and drive up the price, I could get them for a nickel and a dime! This should totally be addressed!
    Not just no but hell no. Especially if you're not going to include my precious Alexandrite gems in that list.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast