Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Akirane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    A few suggestions for Skirmish:

- Add bayld at the end of the run rather than using one of the Noetic Ascensions because everyone is using up one for it.
    - Add the map at the start of the Skirmish without using Noetic Ascensions on it and show the entire map rather than part of it. The maps are static and the monster spawns are static so using wiki on the map are much more useful than getting the ingame map.
    - Make the entry items much, much more common.
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't really see the problem. Some people farm it for one thing some for another some for yet another. Given how often you can get the same drop in wkr it's nice to have a way get balyd fast rather than spend several hours farming then a few more fighting just to get stupid grip for the 3rd time in a row
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure this thread did more harm than good. I'm sure that there were a lot of people who hadn't thought of this before they read it.
    (3)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure this thread did more harm than good. I'm sure that there were a lot of people who hadn't thought of this before they read it.
    Iiiiiiiirony!
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    SE put it there, they may not have realized people would be willing to burn 250k gil to get 7ishK bayld, but they made the mechanism.
    I remember when people tried to play this card when they got banned for salvage exploits. Threads such as this popped up left and right by butthurt cheaters, filled with inaccuracies of the facts and spewing just about everything they could to get the bans overturned. They were most fond of the excuse "it's not my fault SE designed the content the way they did" Now you can sit there and say the same, so I guess the question is, do you feel lucky? Do ya? Exploits are exploits and proclaiming you were ignorant or it's not your fault SE made you do it is not going to save you if they ever decide to mass ban players again over an exploit. Does this challenge the exploits for dup salvage drops? Hell nah, but it doesn't have to if SE feels inclined to decide so.

Point is, "it's SE's fault for their programming error" is not going to be a get out of jail free card. Adult human beings are damn well able to decide for themselves if something is wrong to do, and Skirmish is very clearly not designed as a 30 second 5k bayld farming event. It is however proof of just how much it sucks to farm bayld on reives. Too little people and it sucks. Too many people and it sucks. In certain zones you'll never win due to cape drops. If the drops were spread out or new drops showed up, people would spread out, and they would earn bayld naturally while farming items thereby skipping any desire to use questionable tactics.

Just throwing all of that out there. You make your own beds. Don't make the same mistake salvage people did and assume SE would never bother banning you because it hurts them in the pockets. They'll just assume you take the game so seriously to cheat that you'll probably just create a new account and keep giving them money :x and plenty of banned salvage players did just that, if they didn't get their hands on an existing account from someone else or out right bought it off someone.

Again, this is no where in the same league as salvage dups even though it's treading along the thin line, and it doesn't have to be the same in the eyes of SE. So go ahead and get your faster bayld so you can finish farming gear so you can AFK sooner in Jeuno or Adoulin, but don't come back here claiming injustice if they ever ban you over it because they felt like doing it, to whomever that may concern.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nobody's going to get banned for doing this, come on now.

Anyone who tried saying "it's SE's fault" regarding salvage dupes was very obviously trying to shrug off the fact that they *cheated* the game to get their extra drops. It's like successfully robbing a bank and then saying "well, I wouldn't have been able to get away with it if you guys only had better security"

If anything, they might adjust the system so that no noetic ascensions appear at first until you complete at least 20% of the skirmish objective or something like that. But they can't pin this one on the playerbase like they could with salvage dupes, and it's not like people are getting bayld for absolutely free.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah, Salvage was very different than this. In this case, its a reward from the event which was in every way intended, we are obtaining that reward, but are not doing any other part of the event, how is this an exploit?

I think it is an abuse, but not an exploit, abuse of the event in the way that on Phoenix right now the prices are very high by compare to before. But not an exploit as though it were an unintended glitch we are just using to cheat the game and get more Bayld.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I think it is an abuse, but not an exploit, abuse of the event in the way that on Phoenix right now the prices are very high by compare to before. But not an exploit as though it were an unintended glitch we are just using to cheat the game and get more Bayld.
    I wouldn't rank it as abuse. Blinker gilfountain was abuse, and this doesn't even come close to that. It's a momentary craze due to the wildskeeper reives being so popular, but once those die down, so does the market for skirmish parts.

Honestly, I don't even see why you want to do skirmish for anything but bayld. A lot of work and RNG bullcrap for a bunch of inferior weapons.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah this doesn't compare to salvage... that was clearly making the game do something it wasn't intended to do. Opening something for balyd the way it was supposed to do and then just quitting cause you got what you want is more on par with tanking with nin even though that wasn't what SE intended but made it capable of doing
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    I wouldn't rank it as abuse. Blinker gilfountain was abuse, and this doesn't even come close to that. It's a momentary craze due to the wildskeeper reives being so popular, but once those die down, so does the market for skirmish parts.

Honestly, I don't even see why you want to do skirmish for anything but bayld. A lot of work and RNG bullcrap for a bunch of inferior weapons.
    IKR? They should just make an NPC that gives you bayld or Plasm in exchange for those things :P
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast