Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Can I complain about the price of HMPs and Umbral Marrows then? If everyone would stop buying them and drive up the price, I could get them for a nickel and a dime! This should totally be addressed!
    There is a difference between what you are saying, and what is being done. There is no accurate comparison between these two subjects. People are buying the things to do Skirmish, without doing Skirmish, instead, they simply go inside of Skirmish, run around to find the Bayld giving rift, and then exit. This avoids doing the real event for its purpose and instead is abusing the fact it gives a large amount of Bayld. It would be like if popping a VWNM is all you had to do in order to get the XP & Cruor rewards, but drops were only gotten when killing the NM. People could go out and pop Ig-Alima, get tons of cruor, but then run away, soon as he depops, go back, pop again, tada, super Cruor gain. The difference with that even is that Voidstones are replenished constantly even if someone drains the AH of them, Skirmish pieces are not, and Skirmish pieces are harder to get while also being more rare.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    There is a difference between what you are saying, and what is being done. There is no accurate comparison between these two subjects. People are buying the things to do Skirmish, without doing Skirmish, instead, they simply go inside of Skirmish, run around to find the Bayld giving rift, and then exit. This avoids doing the real event for its purpose and instead is abusing the fact it gives a large amount of Bayld.
    Oh, you mean like doing delve for the plasm it gives from trash mobs, rather then defeat bosses for loot?
    This is THEIR pop, they payed for it. They go for the bayld then exit. You go for the bayld AND loot, then exit.
    It's not like there is a shortage of pops, and it's only going to last until people get tired of doing WKRs. In the mean time, you pay a few gil more per pop, big deal.
    (14)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Once you buy the entry items you can do whatever you want with them. If you want to only get the bayld and leave for fast runs thats up to you.
    (12)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Oh, you mean like doing delve for the plasm it gives from trash mobs, rather then defeat bosses for loot?
    This is THEIR pop, they payed for it. They go for the bayld then exit. You go for the bayld AND loot, then exit.
    While the logic is comparable, the scenarios aren't really.

It's a much simpler affair to farm a delve entry item than it is to farm a skirmish pop. Just about any mob in the chosen zone can drop yggrete rocks, and a delve alliance should be capable of farming these quickly. A skirmish group can't easily accomplish the same thing. Reives are the easiest way to generate skirmish items now, but even if you go and do reives you will not always get the right pieces that you need in short order, meaning whether or not you go that day is almost always determined by the AH supply.

Most people doing delve are not capable of beating the MBs, they're farming plasm so that they can eventually get gear good enough to fight the bosses with. Skirmish is a joke nowadays and the people who are just skipping it just to hit the bayld bonus and leave are likely more than capable of "completing" the event if they wanted to, they just don't care because they're not getting delve-MB-tier rewards out of doing so.
    (3)

Player
    boohoo /cry me a river!

So because you wanna make sum small change on skirmish , I should play the game YOU want me play it? While I pay 30 Euro a month and pay for my skirmish sets? k
    (2)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It is unfortunate yes, but I wouldnt call it abuse as they are paying a ton of gil for the pop items. its kind of like power leveling thru a craft where you pay crazy gil to skill ur craft just to get it done quickly.

If they were however somehow gettin pops cheaply or free i can see that as abuse, or if them doin these runs somehow withheld the area from other legit people (AKA they were hoggin the zone).
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So you say "Go farm bayld the way that SE intended! By doing reives"

The other guy says "Go farm pop sets the way SE intended! By doing reives"

Sounds like no one is wrong / right to me here.
    (6)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What?!? The demand for an item depletes the supply and forces inflation?!? Crazy talk.
    (2)

seriously, this is about as valid of a complaint as that guy who said we were cheating by skilling up in Beseiged. SE put it there, they may not have realized people would be willing to burn 250k gil to get 7ishK bayld, but they made the mechanism. Solution, start farming skirmish pops and selling them for 250k, use that to fund your delve runs, you still stay ahead.
    (2)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I recommend those trying to do skirmish for gear to farm their pops from reives. Skirmish pops drop really really really often from reives. Not only do you get skirmish pops from reives, but you also get bayld and now capes. Reives are a very nice entry event now into SoA, and doing them with your coalitions will get you a nice foothold in SoA as you build skirmish pops. Then use the bayld you get from the reives to buy bayld gear and do wildkeepers and use that gear to get skirmish clears. Then you should be all set to move onto delve.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast