Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    because the game is going away in a few months right?
    Wildskeeper Reives are not going to stay popular forever. There was a brief surge of them going on on our server after the quest Order Up was discovered, but even now I am noticing they have started to taper off. And I'm sure it's just a matter of time before even the new gear from Hurkan/Yumcax will be considered crap and not worth spending the bayld for by most players.

You'd have a point if these fights were the kind of thing a small group of people could go in and casually win, but they're not.
    (8)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    You don't worry about TP feed in a 18-man fight. What makes you think you should worry about it in a 180+ man fight?

Having an army of resummonable pets on the NM is always preferable to having a loose NM killing all your CORs.
    Because of much worse moves getting thru and less organization. Also generally speaking that 18 man fight has more people meleeing the mob then you have in a reive. So his point is very valid. All you are doing with keeping your avatar out is making it harder on the plds and occasionally turning hate to the mages. Last Hurkaan I did took a good hour extra longer because of a few smns just leaving the pets on Hurkaan the the resulting hate issues and tp feed.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You don't worry about TP feed in a 18-man fight. What makes you think you should worry about it in a 180+ man fight?

Having an army of resummonable pets on the NM is always preferable to having a loose NM killing all your CORs.
    Quickdraw doesn't grant mobs TP, and there is no reason for anyone to be meleeing yumcax at high colo rate. Cor army + non-engaged tanks = no TP feed except from the NMs own melee attacks. And yes, there is a gigantic difference between a bunch of avatars feeding it TP, and no avatars meleeing. It's the difference between it using TP moves once in a while and being extremely manageable, and spamming them non-stop, destroying your tanks/cors. Additionally, TP moves are what put up his regen aura, and grant him access to more deadly TP moves.

Avatar damage is subject to colonization rate -DT, quickdraw is not. Parties of cors can also reset quickdraw CD constantly with random deal/wild card rotations, a single cor in one of these parties is going to do dozens of times the damage of a single smn, literally. Even with sub 20% colo rate (IE: takes 0 damage from everything from quickdraw and that one geo ability), 2 competent cor parties can kill yumcax in a little over an hour, provided you have the tanks, a geo for mdb and more importantly meva debuffs, and aren't being MPKed by idiots.

If you really want to use merits BPs or whatever on yumcax once a minute for like ~5% of the damage a cor is doing in that time period, go for it, but please release it afterwards. Don't feed it TP with your single digit avatar auto-attacks.
    (4)
    Last edited by Traxus; 07-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Even at high colo rates it isn't worth the feed or the potential hate pull. This isn't 2003. Every smn should know to bp and release like they have been since endgame content first started being done. Really as long as it isn't spammy the only thing that comes close to killing me on pld is the doom move. And that's me just a really crappy whm with me that is mostly there for buffs/remove status effects. As such it's good to not have it use said move by feeding tp.

Hurkaan is similar in that only a couple of special moves can kill me and even then it will only do so if it get's them off right after a dispel move before I can put shell back on... ie doing back to back moves because it was hand fed tp by lazy smners
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm guessing you guys don't get the naakual fights where an assembly line of avatars ARE what's tanking the naakual, but that's usually how it goes on my server.
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Overall, I think the idea of Wildskeeper rieves is fantastic, it's like Beseiged but in reverse. After participating in all five, some multiple times, here is my consolidated feedback, both good and bad.

What needs adjusting:
    Enmity and AOE attacks: In all WKRs, but especially Yumcax, it's too easy for one random person to suddenly appear, aggro a bunch of enemies (on purpose or not) and cause devistating affects to people outside their alliance.
    Yumcax regen: because of the issue I just mentioned, it makes it extremely difficult to recover and progress, even with the most well prepared players.
    Reward system: with such a costly entrance item, the risk versus reward is very skewed with repeat bouts. 50-75k bayld to receive a pebble or log is not only frustrating, but is a total turn off to the game. By contrast, voidwatch, which had very low drop rates at least granted a very large amount of experience points, cruor, and skillup opportunities. I don't feel that the XP and bayld gained from WKR matches the effort and intensity level. I would like to see a system like Nyzul Isle 2, where perhaps 3 repeat battles of a single Naakul allowed the player to select the item they want.

What is great so far:
    The general concept: I love the idea of a huge number of people teaming up for an enemy lair style invasion. When things go moderately well, it's some of the most fun content I've experienced so far!!
    The actual rewards: When they do drop, they're wonderful, both in stats and in general look.
    Lack of ridiculous, disabling boss TP moves: I'm very glad that we don't see these NMs with amnesia/doom/terror auras etc. For the most part, even though they hit hard and have some nasty attacks they typically do not spam them unreasonably.
    The Order Up quest: I love being able to at least select "that one item" that you really want just from defeating each tier of Naakuls, it was a very nice surprise.
    (2)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm guessing you guys don't get the naakual fights where an assembly line of avatars ARE what's tanking the naakual, but that's usually how it goes on my server.
    For hurkan sometimes yes (when people won't take down the aura), yumcax no. If avatars have the highest threat on yumcax, than your cors are going to take hate immediately and get destroyed when they try to DD. If cors can't stay alive and QD, that you probably aren't going to take it down at all, at least with low colo rates.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I stood for three days in a wildskeeper reive against Hurkan waiting for people to join me. I was engaged in battle for atleast 9 hours. My reward: a bullet. That's unfortunate .
    (0)

Character
    Bedavere
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    OK!!! I just spent 9hours in a Yorcia Weald WKR for the 5th time I have gotten nothing which I am Assuming means I have gotten Gorget each time. This event Is getting very OLD VERY FAST! Farming 70k Bayld in Reives that last less than 3minutes most times with the mass of ppl around, and Repops of 1hour pr Reive you find yourself standing around for 45minutes or more pr hour! ILL GET TO MY POINT.

WKR AND Bayld farming need adjsutments. Decreasing the reives hp by half will not help this. Your going to take away from everyone working on bayld thus taking away from ppl having the Bayld for WKR. Killing the reive faster only promotes the Lowman portion of farming and when you get mass ppl you will get nearly nothing from completeing unless you have imprimaturs(which btw DO NOT cycle fast enough, need a quest or rank to increase replenish rate). That bein said here are some things that need to Happen to WKR.

#1 Key Item Not lost Until WKR NM is Dead! Some of us CANNOT stay up 12hours or more waiting for people to stop aggro'ing uselessly. Reives Tend to be ok once its in order and players are not out "Soloing" adds that end up killing the entire group.

#2 ADD A WARP TO DIRECTLY THESE WKR ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN THERE! (Maybe once you have talked to the moogle outside Yorcia Weald?) I don't know but something. I know that it makes players work on colonization rate but for players that join late they have hard times getting through the reives and sometimes NEVER get through them. Maybe can warp at 80% of mob HP or less? Im not sure.

#3 Take the low end Synth Mats out of the loot pool. Its not something we go for 75k Bayld(IT TAKES TOO LONG TO MAKE 75K BAYLD), we go for the gear and the gear only. If anything Make the 2nd Slot JSE Capes. The Main loot drop either needs to be fixed again, or you need to start giving us KIs for each win per zone kind of like how NNI works. You win 5 You pick an Item, Or make the Quest "Order up" repeatable and we lose the 5 KI each time, either is fine.

#4 Add Temp Items or tone down the aoe/debuff and adds. DD are useless nearly in this zone as they barely get heals and even when they do the fact that players mostly do not party up and solo makes it very hard to deal with them in a timely manner. The WKR I was just in, ran so long because solo players kept pulling those Adds to the main group and then they aggro us and welp wipe yet again, for hours. THIS IS NOT FUN!

#5 I don't really have a #5 tho I probably will think of one later. This event is painful.

I notice a lot agree, I really hope you make some big changes SE.
    (7)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    How about making it so that items actually drop, period? Just finished my first Hurkan win tonight. Got the bonus XP/bayld. Got the KI. Got a pebble. No gear what so friggin' ever.
    (1)

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast