Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    I completely disagree, there needs to be some form of adjustment plan and simple. Sorry but I won't take the time it takes to lvl a job from 1-30 outside abyssea (which takes nearly 8 hours alone due to nobody doing exp anymore.) then sit and hope for 4-5 days that I can get enough people for an abyssea party where I can key/leech, then go off and skill the job, then spend the time for the merits, fighting to get people in abyssea long enough for a party to last more than 30 merits worth of exp and furthermore find the gear for the job to be ready for the one thing I would use the job for. A 10-45 minute fight 1 or 2 times a day if I am lucky, that means it still doesn't have to interfere with my delve ls.

Not a practical idea just because you have chosen to like or use one job doesn't mean everyone needs to conform to your ideas and be like you. Lazy? No, logical? Yes.

As for the ToAU content and mages having it rough, I remember I was there, I also remember blm got it made when the blm burn party's came out on Xarcabard (S). Every job has had its time to shine moments. Every job has had its low end. However I think this is a time that all jobs should be useful. This 4 jobs being useful is getting old, pld, cor, whm and blm only.... Kinda needs some form of adjustment.

Now I saw the 250 bayld/exp per eval idea. Great idea if I wanted to sit there and lose exp and spend 2 hours at the lion weakend, not to mention this is a new account, (my old one was hacked) which means I still have yet to get all my wins for shinryu. Even still, not practical to sit there and just die over and over to get a reward.
    If you get lvl 13 and grab one of your delve ls buddies to do pages for you it shouldn't take you more then 2-3 hrs to get from 1 to 30. 2-3 delve DD or blm can keep the whole dom ops camp dead (maybe just one) in 5-7 hrs you can get 99+ 30 merits. Skill ups come easy with rings and food, takes a few days to cap skill.

You don't have to conform and lvl what jobs are needed to get the job done, but it is easier for you to get these things done when you do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Redryno; 11-11-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: grammer

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    They aren't forcing us to lvl blm (maybe cor) they are forcing us to get the Col Rate up, once its up people will be attacking the lion and all the WKR will go fast.
    In regard to Kumhau (Kamihr Drifs Wildskeeper Reive) the colonization rate isn't up but it's not about just Kumhau. All of the Colonization Reives are filled with BLMs because with so many mages it's hard, almost impossible to melee. Granted yes part of this is due to the popularity of Wildskeeper Reives but it won't go away immediately. With all the new drops it'll take awhile for most to get what they wanted + some of the most desired pieces are not exclusive, allowing you to sell them. Kumhau's accessory drops especially. We also still have one more naakaul to come.

I'd rather they do something now to make it enjoyable to the masses instead of saying wait for it to die out or go BLM if you're having trouble. Having the adds respawn higher level depending on time spent alive doesn't penalize anyone. All it ensures is regardless of the size of the reive, players can participate. If it was 50 people instead of 200 then the adds wouldn't increase in level because they aren't dying quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    I like this but some of the Naakaul die in 15 min or so and I think this would just cause issues (hate issues, aggro and so on).
    How would increasing the evaluation points for fighting the Naakaul cause hate issues? Would you mind elaborating? If my last post sounded confusing as in saying increase damage on Naakauls then I apologize. I am saying that doing actions on the Naakaul should have bonus evaluation points, not increased damage to the Naakaul. Not enough to say you need to damage the Naakaul or you won't get good evaluations, but enough to balance it out. Even at high colonization rate, it's harder to cap because the Naakaul has higher defense/stats than the adds. Making it harder to get evaluation points.
    (0)

Player
    34 Hurkans, still no GD hat.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    I think there needs to be some kind of nerf to magic damage
    Starting off right here alone. Lets not do that. Nuking as a whole has been completely trash compared to any other job's DPS since the beginning of Abyssea, and its crazy gear, they just finally made mages worth playing again in a damage aspect, just finally made nuking good enough to care, and now you are talking about nerfing it? No. Bad idea right off the bat. It needs to stay how it is, or in all honesty, it needs more upgrades, because its not enough to be brought as a DD to anything outside of WKs and Skirmish still.

I am running around all over in wildskeeper reives trying to kill something but by the time I get even so much as halfway to a mob it dies from mages spamming stone or stonega.
    This is why the melee jobs should fight the boss, with a party and a healer, if you do not get an invite form a party yourself, I do not know about your server but on Phoenix we often have tons of people standing outside of parties just waiting for an invite, curing or fighting/DNC till they get a party to form up with.

The damage is way too high for the mp cost and the recast time, they don't have to move one inch in order to kill something but the melee have to run across the map to maybe get lucky and hit it once.
    I am a RDM, I can confirm on behalf of all mages that yes, we have to move to get to targets, I do not teleport around the area until I have a mob in range, unless you mean people who stand in 1 spot and wait for something to pop near them, in which case yeah, they stand there, again, fight the boss, and slap the people standing there not helping between mob spawns.

Can we get a magic damage nerf or maybe a massive increase to the hp of the lesser mobs? This is stupid I have been in a zone now for over 2 hours fighting the lion and only made 10k bayld due to the mages being able to kill with 4 mp cost (not to mention refresh gear makes it bottomless pit of mp) and extremely low recast while I am running all over the place trying to actually do something.
    Them nuking is not doing something? Sorry, I forgot how much more work it takes a DD to hit attack and auto attack a mob while their healer cures them and they throw down a few WSs compared to a mage having to pick their spell each time they cast, and making sure they are not AoEing themselves to death by pulling to much hate. In honesty, neither are hard, do not make it sound like your 'trying to actually do something' is any more or less than that of a mage. This is a single event where BLMs do well in, the only other being Skirmish and for the same reason, because they do not have to chase a mob, they can cast from a distance and hit it as it moves, as well as kill it quickly. If you nerf nuking you only screw over the job once again and make BLM worthless for all but procs, as it was before and should have never been.

Lets not forget that the Nuakaal's outside of the lion can die in under 3 minutes now. So if you get in a hair too late you miss out on rewards, exp and bayld.
    For that you can blame the SMNs and their new SP which allows them insane DMG. Does not need nerfed either, another job unloved which finally is getting somewhere in being useful, just like PLD in WKs.

Personally I don't want to have to level jobs I don't like just to participate in wildskeeper reives til I get the one or 2 drops I want. Spend all the time leveling a job, getting gear for it, skilling it up and then get a few WKR runs in and it is a job I will never be on again.
    Hit the boss, you will be fine, if that's not good enough, wait till popularity dies down and less people do them, enough to win, but not enough to kill everything before you touch it, problem solves. Nerfing elemental magic is short sighted and damaging to not only a job's only real use, but also an entire form of damage as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I completely agree with all that you've said
    It disappoints me you agree with such a post. I agree something should be done to allow melee jobs to get rewards more easily than suicidal attacks on the boss, but I will never agree that after all of the time BLM has been worthless as elemental magic as a whole has, that it should now be nerfed when its finally nearing a point of being good finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I am afraid at this rate some type of magic nerf might happen just from sheer complaints of how hard it is for non nuking jobs. Though I think the issue is simple since it really only affects Wildskeeper Reives. They should implement a system similar to how Abyssea mobs work. Where monsters have a level variance level depending on who kills it. Maybe depending on how long it was alive upon spawn dictates what level it respawns as. Despawns to normal levels after not being killed for a certain amount of time. I'd be ok with that. Elemental magic gets to keep it's update and everyone is able to participate since the mobs wouldn't die as fast or would be more threatening for a mage to balance survival.
    If possible this is the ideal update for it since it would be best for all. No one is nerfed, everyone has an easier time getting rewards, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Wildskeeper Reives still suck.

32nd Hurkan, still no hat. Complete and utter failure on your parts.

But I do love all my pebbles I continually obtain, so, thanks for that.

And who's bright idea was it to revamp the old Wildskeepers with completely random stats that partially beat delve boss drops?
    They never said you would be getting your drops 100% of the time, you are doing Hurkan still, its faster than ever before, and there are other drops which were added. If you are only getting pebbles and drops of the same sort, then your doing something wrong, I have been doing quite a few WKs, everyone I have participated in has rewarded me with 3 or 4 items, each time I got an item from the WK, a cape, and a craft item or occasionally an extra item such as the Earring from the new WK, the 4th is when you come across the old WKs which now drop 115 items. As for those, they were added to balance the levels of all WKs, though personally I think they should have just upgraded the old versions of the WK weapons and left it at that, been better for all.
    (4)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-11-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Player
    The RNG re-rolled me the bullet, 33 times.

I have all 22 jse capes.

I have every single new cape/ring/neck already.

the ONLY thing that drops to me every single hurkan is pebble. or log. or velk mask. or saffron.

I'm fully aware of "random chance" and mathematics.

It's bulls***. Straight up and down.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 11-11-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Player
    Wait~ a minute. The update was the 4th, assuming instant kills, the 3 hour repop would mean it only spawned a total of around 50 times and that's assuming instant kills. If you have actually killed it 33 times since the update you would have had to basically do it every time it repopped and had hardly any time between them as well as having slept through a max of probably 15 of them throughout the last 6 and a half days. I doubt that, but moving on, if you did, I would say call a GM or something because that seems like a real issue, not so much a matter of luck. Past that, I have to say you experience the very reason I refused to use my free item till I had every other item I wanted, which I basically do now except Hurkan boots, but I wasted my freebie on the Cure Club by accident which I also wanted, so oh well.
    (0)

Player
    You understand the difference between a TOTAL and a total since the last update? Shocker, hurkan has existed long enough to be killed 500 times.

*Edit* 35th Hurkan
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 11-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Player
    Well only the total since the update matters if your saying they still suck. I can say Yumcax still sucks, but you know what, I fought him 1 time, didn't get my head, my sample size is nothing, saying he still sucks based off such a small experience is stupid and meaningless. If you want to provide numbers, provide numbers based on the amount of fights after the update before you claim the battles are still so horribly flawed, otherwise your fusing data from two different instances which may or may not show very different things.

tl;dr How many you killed in total doesn't matter, only how many you killed since the update, which you failed to list apparently.
    (2)

Player
    Was bad > still bad, no difference.
    (0)

Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Starting off right here alone. Lets not do that. Nuking as a whole has been completely trash compared to any other job's DPS since the beginning of Abyssea, and its crazy gear, they just finally made mages worth playing again in a damage aspect, just finally made nuking good enough to care, and now you are talking about nerfing it? No. Bad idea right off the bat. It needs to stay how it is, or in all honesty, it needs more upgrades, because its not enough to be brought as a DD to anything outside of WKs and Skirmish still.

This is why the melee jobs should fight the boss, with a party and a healer, if you do not get an invite form a party yourself, I do not know about your server but on Phoenix we often have tons of people standing outside of parties just waiting for an invite, curing or fighting/DNC till they get a party to form up with.

I am a RDM, I can confirm on behalf of all mages that yes, we have to move to get to targets, I do not teleport around the area until I have a mob in range, unless you mean people who stand in 1 spot and wait for something to pop near them, in which case yeah, they stand there, again, fight the boss, and slap the people standing there not helping between mob spawns.

Them nuking is not doing something? Sorry, I forgot how much more work it takes a DD to hit attack and auto attack a mob while their healer cures them and they throw down a few WSs compared to a mage having to pick their spell each time they cast, and making sure they are not AoEing themselves to death by pulling to much hate. In honesty, neither are hard, do not make it sound like your 'trying to actually do something' is any more or less than that of a mage. This is a single event where BLMs do well in, the only other being Skirmish and for the same reason, because they do not have to chase a mob, they can cast from a distance and hit it as it moves, as well as kill it quickly. If you nerf nuking you only screw over the job once again and make BLM worthless for all but procs, as it was before and should have never been.

For that you can blame the SMNs and their new SP which allows them insane DMG. Does not need nerfed either, another job unloved which finally is getting somewhere in being useful, just like PLD in WKs.

Hit the boss, you will be fine, if that's not good enough, wait till popularity dies down and less people do them, enough to win, but not enough to kill everything before you touch it, problem solves. Nerfing elemental magic is short sighted and damaging to not only a job's only real use, but also an entire form of damage as a whole.

It disappoints me you agree with such a post. I agree something should be done to allow melee jobs to get rewards more easily than suicidal attacks on the boss, but I will never agree that after all of the time BLM has been worthless as elemental magic as a whole has, that it should now be nerfed when its finally nearing a point of being good finally.

If possible this is the ideal update for it since it would be best for all. No one is nerfed, everyone has an easier time getting rewards, and so on.

They never said you would be getting your drops 100% of the time, you are doing Hurkan still, its faster than ever before, and there are other drops which were added. If you are only getting pebbles and drops of the same sort, then your doing something wrong, I have been doing quite a few WKs, everyone I have participated in has rewarded me with 3 or 4 items, each time I got an item from the WK, a cape, and a craft item or occasionally an extra item such as the Earring from the new WK, the 4th is when you come across the old WKs which now drop 115 items. As for those, they were added to balance the levels of all WKs, though personally I think they should have just upgraded the old versions of the WK weapons and left it at that, been better for all.
    Sorry I had to laugh at everything you said here.

Again, blm do way too much dmg for anyone else to attack, making the nerf necessary.

Your next brilliant comment, melee attack the boss, for what.... 0 damage due to ridiculously low colo rate.

You said rdm has to move to kill, no they don't and yes I meant they stand in one spot and spam on repops. Meaning no chance for melee to attack.

You forgot how hard it was for a melee to hit attack and auto attack? Would be a great idea if the mobs didn't die before a weapon was drawn.

Run around slapping people that aren't helping between pops, that seem like a very good idea, I wonder why I didn't know that slapping people will automatically
    force them to help out on boss between pops.

Blm has been screwed over too many times, I think I actually heard a tear for an invalid debate there. Blm has abyssea, skirmish, voidwatch and wkr. Not to mention blm was the first major burn party group. Yes blm has been screwed over so hard........

Blame smn's for dealing too much dmg for nukaal's dying too fast? No blame smn's for taking up too much framerate and annoying the shit out of all the players with their stupid ass avatar's. Cor parties will far surpass any smn's out there. Sorry but infinite quick draw will win. Furthermore on the Nakuul's that die stupid fast it isn't even the cor's it is people zerging the piss out of them with delve weapons.

Again you said hit the boss, well here we go again, hit..... for.... zero's......

So we either get in 2 minutes late to a 3 minute fight that is zerged by delve weapon jobs, or you stand around chasing mobs as they die faster than you can target on the wkr you can't zerg due to blm's camping and spamming stone for 1k+ dmg per 4mp, that has a stupid low cast time and recast with countless refresh gear making them an bottomless pit of dmg that nobody can compare too.

So lets keep your biased opinion out of this debate because you obviously have no concept of balance.
    (2)

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast