Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think there needs to be some kind of nerf to magic damage, I am running around all over in wildskeeper reives trying to kill something but by the time I get even so much as halfway to a mob it dies from mages spamming stone or stonega. The damage is way too high for the mp cost and the recast time, they don't have to move one inch in order to kill something but the melee have to run across the map to maybe get lucky and hit it once. Can we get a magic damage nerf or maybe a massive increase to the hp of the lesser mobs? This is stupid I have been in a zone now for over 2 hours fighting the lion and only made 10k bayld due to the mages being able to kill with 4 mp cost (not to mention refresh gear makes it bottomless pit of mp) and extremely low recast while I am running all over the place trying to actually do something.

Lets not forget that the Nuakaal's outside of the lion can die in under 3 minutes now. So if you get in a hair too late you miss out on rewards, exp and bayld.

Personally I don't want to have to level jobs I don't like just to participate in wildskeeper reives til I get the one or 2 drops I want. Spend all the time leveling a job, getting gear for it, skilling it up and then get a few WKR runs in and it is a job I will never be on again.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    This is stupid I have been in a zone now for over 2 hours fighting the lion and only made 10k bayld due to the mages being able to kill with 4 mp cost (not to mention refresh gear makes it bottomless pit of mp) and extremely low recast while I am running all over the place trying to actually do something.
    While I completely agree with all that you've said, did you know that you can get 250 exp/bayld per eval just by hitting the Lion in the rear for 0 per hit? If you're on a twilight set job, might as well keep them on for the occasional 3k 1-shot TP move, though it seems to use it infrequently. Easy bayld and qualifies you for a reward, and you can practically AFK.

Mages had it tough during the whole ToAU period, so might as well give them a break now that it's working in their favour. Let them kill the trash while we leech on the boss. If you don't have PLD or COR there's not really much you can do to help anyway. Not until the colonisation rate increases, at least.
    (2)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think there needs to be some kind of nerf to magic damage, I am running around all over in wildskeeper reives trying to kill something but by the time I get even so much as halfway to a mob it dies from mages spamming stone or stonega.
    This x1000.
    I came back from a break and went to a Tchakka

It died in under 5 minutes

under 5 minutes.

I came on a melee job, everything was nuked and killed right when it spawned, its ridiculous how these went from too hard to decent 30 minute fights where you needed melees to help kill adds to protect the mages to this claim+nuke+easymode joke.

You need to add -DT based on the number of people engaging the mob or something to draw the fight out a bit, this whole faceroll your way to victory makes these things a joke now.

Whats worse is that you put RME upgrades as a potential lootpool item from these so people are trying their damn hardest to get good evaluations to be eligible, and with fights so easy and short its impossible unless you come certain jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 11-10-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am afraid at this rate some type of magic nerf might happen just from sheer complaints of how hard it is for non nuking jobs. Though I think the issue is simple since it really only affects Wildskeeper Reives. They should implement a system similar to how Abyssea mobs work. Where monsters have a level variance level depending on who kills it. Maybe depending on how long it was alive upon spawn dictates what level it respawns as. Despawns to normal levels after not being killed for a certain amount of time. I'd be ok with that. Elemental magic gets to keep it's update and everyone is able to participate since the mobs wouldn't die as fast or would be more threatening for a mage to balance survival.
    (0)

Player
    Wildskeeper Reives still suck.

32nd Hurkan, still no hat. Complete and utter failure on your parts.

But I do love all my pebbles I continually obtain, so, thanks for that.

And who's bright idea was it to revamp the old Wildskeepers with completely random stats that partially beat delve boss drops?
    (0)

The WKR are hot now, there are 100+ people in there and they will go fast. The issue (in one) is there aren't enough Cor so people come Blm to nuke the fodder, when the Col rate goes up i'm sure it will start to go as fast as the other WKR. IMO making the monsters harder or making it so Blm do less damage will hurt WKR when all the hype dies down.

How is it people are so lazy they won't take 8-10hrs to lvl a job 1-99?
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    IMO making the monsters harder or making it so Blm do less damage will hurt WKR when all the hype dies down.

That's why I said the WKR mobs should despawn back to normal levels after not being killed immediately. Which already happens in abyssea if they aren't killed for a certain period of time after their level is increased. Speed up that same process for Wildskeeper Reives and you have a flexible event that can accomodate large 100+ groups. It has nothing to do with being lazy to level BLM for Wildskeeper Reives and in the grand scheme of things no one should have to be forced to do so.

Separate suggestion for Wildskeeper Reive is making fighting the Naakaul count for more per evaluation. It's very easy to cap bayld on fighting adds but if solely on the team helping damage the Naakaul, its possible but harder to cap depending on the length of the fight.
    (0)

Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Redryno View Post
    The WKR are hot now, there are 100+ people in there and they will go fast. The issue (in one) is there aren't enough Cor so people come Blm to nuke the fodder, when the Col rate goes up i'm sure it will start to go as fast as the other WKR. IMO making the monsters harder or making it so Blm do less damage will hurt WKR when all the hype dies down.

I completely disagree, there needs to be some form of adjustment plan and simple. Sorry but I won't take the time it takes to lvl a job from 1-30 outside abyssea (which takes nearly 8 hours alone due to nobody doing exp anymore.) then sit and hope for 4-5 days that I can get enough people for an abyssea party where I can key/leech, then go off and skill the job, then spend the time for the merits, fighting to get people in abyssea long enough for a party to last more than 30 merits worth of exp and furthermore find the gear for the job to be ready for the one thing I would use the job for. A 10-45 minute fight 1 or 2 times a day if I am lucky, that means it still doesn't have to interfere with my delve ls.

Not a practical idea just because you have chosen to like or use one job doesn't mean everyone needs to conform to your ideas and be like you. Lazy? No, logical? Yes.

As for the ToAU content and mages having it rough, I remember I was there, I also remember blm got it made when the blm burn party's came out on Xarcabard (S). Every job has had its time to shine moments. Every job has had its low end. However I think this is a time that all jobs should be useful. This 4 jobs being useful is getting old, pld, cor, whm and blm only.... Kinda needs some form of adjustment.

Now I saw the 250 bayld/exp per eval idea. Great idea if I wanted to sit there and lose exp and spend 2 hours at the lion weakend, not to mention this is a new account, (my old one was hacked) which means I still have yet to get all my wins for shinryu. Even still, not practical to sit there and just die over and over to get a reward.
    (0)
    Last edited by Celoria; 11-11-2013 at 09:00 AM.

They aren't forcing us to lvl blm (maybe cor) they are forcing us to get the Col Rate up, once its up people will be attacking the lion and all the WKR will go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Separate suggestion for Wildskeeper Reive is making fighting the Naakaul count for more per evaluation. It's very easy to cap bayld on fighting adds but if solely on the team helping damage the Naakaul, its possible but harder to cap depending on the length of the fight.
    I like this but some of the Naakaul die in 15 min or so and I think this would just cause issues (hate issues, aggro and so on).
    (0)

Player
    I completely disagree, there needs to be some form of adjustment plan and simple. Sorry but I won't take the time it takes to lvl a job from 1-30 outside abyssea (which takes nearly 8 hours alone due to nobody doing exp anymore.)
    What!!? If it takes you more than maybe 3 hours to get level 30... you're clueless. Which is nothing compared to the days it used to take even @ 10 hours.

Any, on topic, WKR still suck. I want the hat already, 32 is enough I think personally.

Library quest needs to be repeatable. Period.

And 100% R/M/E item.
    (1)

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast