Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    Again you said hit the boss, well here we go again, hit..... for.... zero's......
    250 exp/bayld per eval for hitting the boss for 0. But if you haven't got col rate over 20% by now your server needs to have a word with itself.
    (0)

Hurkan lasts like 5 minutes now, stop complaining.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Celoria View Post
    A load of trash talk
    You complain that everything dies too fast for you to get an evaluation, then you instantly follow it up with "If I don't get it now, noone will be doing it anymore so I'll never get it done." Make your mind up. It will level out now, and unlike in the past people will continue to do the event as there are AHable/RME upgrade rewards now.

And as for not being able to engage and voke a mob before it dies, you select attack, then immediately hit voke macro, the mob will come to you while you experience your lockout, so as long as you're facing the mob, you'll get an attack round in.

Mages are generally using low-tier nukes so that mob doesn't doe before they finish casting (and to save MP), so voke will pull hate. Multple BLMs all casting a T1 nuke, stil only get the individual hate of 1 T1 nuke each, it's not cumulative, just because mob's HP drops substantially.

Since you're going DRK, I'd personally go /RDM. This gives you Fast Cast, Refresh, Cures, Stun for hate/stopping the mob running from you, a bit of MAB so you too can nuke (shock, horror, yes you can join in the mage's own game. Remember your own ilvl weapon gets plenty of Magic Acc on it too). And of course, you can convert to give you some points for curing yourself^^

Now, stop being so aggressive to others on the forum.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You complain that everything dies too fast for you to get an evaluation, then you instantly follow it up with "If I don't get it now, noone will be doing it anymore so I'll never get it done." Make your mind up. It will level out now, and unlike in the past people will continue to do the event as there are AHable/RME upgrade rewards now.

And as for not being able to engage and voke a mob before it dies, you select attack, then immediately hit voke macro, the mob will come to you while you experience your lockout, so as long as you're facing the mob, you'll get an attack round in.

Mages are generally using low-tier nukes so that mob doesn't doe before they finish casting (and to save MP), so voke will pull hate. Multple BLMs all casting a T1 nuke, stil only get the individual hate of 1 T1 nuke each, it's not cumulative, just because mob's HP drops substantially.

Since you're going DRK, I'd personally go /RDM. This gives you Fast Cast, Refresh, Cures, Stun for hate/stopping the mob running from you, a bit of MAB so you too can nuke (shock, horror, yes you can join in the mage's own game. Remember your own ilvl weapon gets plenty of Magic Acc on it too). And of course, you can convert to give you some points for curing yourself^^

Now, stop being so aggressive to others on the forum.
    You're so wrong on almost all accounts, it's kinda comical.

The people spamming the magic, claim the mobs with stone I before they even pop. So they have more enmity than Provoke generates before you can even target said mob. So when you Provoke it, it does NOT come to you. Not even for one second. Then a second mage casts Stone I and a twelfth mage casts stone I and it's dead, .5 seconds after it appears on screen.

NO ONE will continue to do WKR, the sellable drops are all 100% garbage. With the minor exception of Toro Cape, which btw is for mages. (and some other things that are rarely used anymore).

Though, I do agree that someone who can't get evals can infact melee the megaboss for 0 damage and still get an eval. Also, can sub blm/rdm/sch and get nukes in too, but that is really lame to have to do.

One more point of interest, I'm not going to advertise this more by explaining details, but you can make 30,000 bayld in 10 minutes. So go to the WKR hit the MB for 0 damage 10 times, get 1 eval for 200 exp then just afk.

You WILL get the same reward, and not waste your time trying to do something that cannot be done. Then go make triple the bayld in 1/10th the time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 11-13-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Nothing needs to be nerfed, that's just lame.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    When I came back to the game after quitting, I was book burning in Oubliette. When I saw the kind of damage BLM was doing with just a 4MP Stone, I thought that was pretty broken too. That is until I saw the MNK do 500-600 with one punch. One of the last things the game needs is further imbalances between the benefits of Melee Vs. Magic (a problem that happens in SO many RPG in the melee's favour). FFXI is currently, IMO, one of the closest RPGs I know of that is KIND OF striking a balance the best.

The solution to fix one event in the game is not to reduce a jobs functionality in all other events.
    (1)

Player
    It was never meant to be complaining about you complaining, just me pointing out that you never said how many fights you went without getting anything at all besides items that NPC for less than 1k, rather you gave a total of all fights to that point both before and after, which made for a poor example of why it was 'still bad'.
    (1)

Player
    Irrelevant information how many pre and post update. All it took was one to know it was still garbage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    You're so wrong on almost all accounts, it's kinda comical.

The people spamming the magic, claim the mobs with stone I before they even pop.
    That's right, because every mage in WKR is botting.

I go on THF when I CBA to change jobs, and I can flee around the zone until I see a mob pop. Even if it's on the other side of the arena I can be engaged on it before it dies, especially if you have a source of stun. The mob dying too fast isn't the issue, it's the mob jumping from player to player and never standing still.

So they have more enmity than Provoke generates before you can even target said mob. So when you Provoke it, it does NOT come to you. Not even for one second. Then a second mage casts Stone I and a twelfth mage casts stone I and it's dead, .5 seconds after it appears on screen.
    Admittedly, I have all damage filtered, so I can't say for sure how much damage they are actually dealing, but a 500 dmg stone 1 with -30 enmity is less enmity than provoke. A 400 damage stone only needs -14 enmity to create less enmity than provoke.

NO ONE will continue to do WKR, the sellable drops are all 100% garbage. With the minor exception of Toro Cape, which btw is for mages. (and some other things that are rarely used anymore).
    And the rme pouches that you can go and do even if you're solo with no hassle of setting up a party. Also, some people will continue to do Hurkan over 41 times, trying to get the drop that they want, right?

Though, I do agree that someone who can't get evals can infact melee the megaboss for 0 damage and still get an eval. Also, can sub blm/rdm/sch and get nukes in too, but that is really lame to have to do.

One more point of interest, I'm not going to advertise this more by explaining details, but you can make 30,000 bayld in 10 minutes. So go to the WKR hit the MB for 0 damage 10 times, get 1 eval for 200 exp then just afk.

You WILL get the same reward, and not waste your time trying to do something that cannot be done. Then go make triple the bayld in 1/10th the time.
    If you're only doing 1 eval, it probably explains why you aren't getting drops from Hurkan. I heard that you need 2k min for an eval, though I got the helm from Kamihr with only 1200 (I got there late).
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 11-13-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Player
    Irrelevant information how many pre and post update. All it took was one to know it was still garbage.
    No, a single kill is all it took to know they did not make you get a drop 100% of the time, there is no way with a single kill you can accurately determine weather the effects were good or not, otherwise I can go to Abyssea, kill a seal NM without proc, and say Abyssea seal drop rates are horrible, I killed a NM and no seals dropped 1 time, its garbage.
    (1)

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast