Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Character
    Angrykitty
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Please adjust the yorcia wildskeeper reive. I can't find a group of players that even want to fight in this reive, they avoid it like a plague. I think the difficulty needs to be adjusted to fit the size of the zone and the number of players that normally attend... Everyone's nicknamed this the Tree Of Death, due to deathga spam, and when you try to fight support the frontline jobs everything agros to spell casting.

...and frankly, nobody wants to sit in a zone with 120 people fighting this dude for 8 hours (let alone any wildskeeper should last anything more than an hour), and if you do, shame on you! Go hug your loved ones and stop calling into work!
    (12)
    Last edited by Angrykitty; 12-31-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrykitty View Post
    Please adjust the yorcia wildskeeper reive. I can't find a group of players that even want to fight in this reive, they avoid it like a plague. I think the difficulty needs to be adjusted to fit the size of the zone and the number of players that normally attend... Everyone's nicknamed this the Tree Of Death, due to deathga spam, and when you try to fight support the frontline jobs everything agros to spell casting.
    I agree with this. There's no reason there needs to be such a huge disparity in difficulty between Yumcax and the rest of the WKRs.

My thoughts on how to fix it:
    -Give a larger area to fight. You can literally see the mobs from the point you zone in. Either you're fighting in a bunch of adds or in the middle of everybody.
    -Lower Yumcax's AoE damage. There's no reason that nearly every ability it has needs to nearly one-shot everyone in range.
    -Lower Yumcax's AoE range. It's difficult to heal tanks when you have to stand in range of every single ability. If you get doomed with the tank(s), you don't have enough time to cursna yourself and the tank, especially while weakened.
    -Lower the linking/aggro range of the adds. They're always joining the fight, even if they seem to be out of range.
    -Eliminate Yumcax's and the add's party hate. One person aggroing an add at the front shouldn't spell death for everyone else in the zone due to party hate bringing mobs to the entrance.

I'm not saying everything on the list needs to be done, but one or two of them would make it much less miserable.
    (0)

Character
    Indigla
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Please fix Wildskeeper Reives

This system is so flawed it's mind numbing, I just left a Kamihr Drifts Wildskeeper Reive after fighting a few hours with 70+ people because the progress being made was virtually nil. With a 20% Colonization Rate all nukes by mages were doing 0 damage. The only damage to Kumhau was coming incredibly slowly from a few SMN.

Why was this ever thought to be a good idea to completely zero out any nukes below a certain colonization rate yet somehow only a few other jobs are ok to always do damage like SMN with avatars, COR quick draw, or GEO with exploding luopans? All this does is frustrate people and make them not want to ever bother with the content. Whether the colonization rate is 0 or 100 I feel all damage should scale accordingly so at least you can make *some* steady progress towards the goal of winning the fight and everyone can at least feel like they are contributing and get credit for it. Please fix it.
    (5)

Player
    I think either the base DT should be 50% and decrease by 10% every 20% rate till its at 0% and we can deal full damage, or, the rate should scale completely and not in tiers, so that at 1% we deal 1% DMG, not 0% DMG no matter what unless we have 20~21% and above.
    (1)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigla View Post
    This system is so flawed it's mind numbing, I just left a Kamihr Drifts Wildskeeper Reive after fighting a few hours with 70+ people because the progress being made was virtually nil. With a 20% Colonization Rate all nukes by mages were doing 0 damage. The only damage to Kumhau was coming incredibly slowly from a few SMN.

Why was this ever thought to be a good idea to completely zero out any nukes below a certain colonization rate yet somehow only a few other jobs are ok to always do damage like SMN with avatars, COR quick draw, or GEO with exploding luopans? All this does is frustrate people and make them not want to ever bother with the content. Whether the colonization rate is 0 or 100 I feel all damage should scale accordingly so at least you can make *some* steady progress towards the goal of winning the fight and everyone can at least feel like they are contributing and get credit for it. Please fix it.
    You know, I entered this thread specifically to mention what happened on Bismarck over the weekend.

There were two Kumhau runs on Sunday. The first started out fine, I guess because a pack of people did some local Reives before actually shouting ofr people. But when Kumhau hit ~25%, the Colonization Rate dropped to 20%, and so everybody that had been dealing damage without any problems up until that point were suddenly stonewalled. That's ridiculous.

I didn't stick around for the second Kumhau. I bought my key item, entered, saw I was doing no damage, and just left. Waste of Bayld, sure, but I wasn't going to kill fodder mobs for hours while a few select jobs poke the lion.

While the Colonization Rate mechanic is a great idea on paper, there's still not enough incentive to do the smaller Reives in that zone, especially in the Drifts. For me, at least, even with Trust magic, the Colonization Reives are fairly difficult to solo. There's way too many mobs, they hit relatively hard, they build resistance to sleep, and monsters on the other side of the ice walls are able to cross through and help their friends attack you. Either the difficulty of those Reives should be reduced, or some more unique rewards need to be added to them to encourage people to start doing them regularly in groups.

The assortment of failed Yumcax and Kumhau bouts on Bismarck have also illuminated a few other mechanics issues with Reives. First, half the people in the Reive area are AFK. They poke a mob once, park at the entrance, and then just stand there and wait for their Sparks and Key Items to drop. On top of that, as a small group of SMNs and CORs are massaging Kumhau to a slow and laughable death, there's a metric ton of DDs running around killing fodder mobs unhindered. It's obnoxious. "I'm going to let three people do all the work for hours, and after contributing next to nothing in the grand scheme, I'm going to walk away with some sweet gear, and that awesome COR is going to get a Flint Stone."

I don't know how to address this. If you make things too strict, they'll end up like Campaign where Beastman-controlled zones stay that way perpetually because nobody wants to whack a wall for hours just to get 200 Allied Notes. Maybe making it so that Colonization rate also determines the maximum quanity of rewards that you can receive. At 20% or Below (Kumhau takes no damage from regular sources), everyone can receive one item at most. To get the maximum of five items, the Colonization rate needs to be brought up to 80% or higher. Or something. I don't know.
    (4)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Nothing short of a guaranteed pluton case would make me attend a Yumcax or Kumhau wildkeeper reive ever again.
    I suffered through half a dozen of each of these when they were popular and about a month ago I tried one of these that dragged on for hours and just ate the bayld loss and left because the overall skill of the playerbase participating in these has degraded significantly (people showing up to just spam stone 1 and run around like an idiot is not skillful play) and the numbers of attending players is much smaller as well.

Kumhau might be worth going to if they added more hp to the trash mobs, anyone not a mage can never hit the damn things with a melee weapon because they die soon after spawning to a shower of Stone 1 spam from a bunch of skirmish geared noob blms. If colonization ever remained high enough for everyone to even chip away at Kumhau aside from corsairs, people might go.

Yumcax is just an mpk fest, too little room to recover from the fight, the best geared players if unsupported are usually the first to die at these because again, noone comes to heal front line players, everyone comes on a mage job to spam stone and look out for only themselves. Increasing the magic resistance of the monsters and making them more susceptible to melee damage would dramatically improve how people participate in this fight. Also increasing the doom counter might reduce the massive (hilarious) wipes i've seen happen in this WKR.

In general these fights are not *fun* to participate in, trash monsters either are too deadly if player numbers are low (panopts in yumcax) , or when participation is high, these monsters pose no threat at all and become frustrating because they die too quick for non mage jobs to close to melee range and attack.
    You might want to consider adding a couple mini-boss type monster that have much higher HP in future wildkeepers that strikes a middle ground between the main boss that takes over an hour to kill, and trash that dies in under 30 seconds.

Now lets talk about rewards:
    RME materials (all 3) used to be somewhat of a valuable reward encouraged participation in WKR
    What little incentive remained for those of us that were capped on gear disappeared when you added the revamped bcnms, and then started throwing RME mats/cases into those battles and the AA fights.
    There is 2 JSE capes i'd like to get, but honestly its not worth suffering through a WKR reive to *maybe* get it. I've done hundreds of reives, tens of each wildkeeper reive and still dont have them, so i've moved on.
    Your records of eminence objectives got everyone to do all the wildkeepers again for 1 weekend, but now its back to noone bothering to do them.
    (3)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As far as I can see the first 3 WKR are alright. On my THF + WHM dualbox I can usually, though not always, keep my THF alive. When my THF has enmity that's when things get iffy. That's fine and well and good, thf + whm should not be able to essentially solo a WKR. The problem is the later 3, where my THF will get one-shotted with no chance of ever surviving it. I can be thf/run with a bar spell and two runes up and take 1k more damage than my hp while in -dt and +hp gear. That's absurd. Why would I want to go to a fight that every 5-30s I am going to die and be unable to do anything for 5min?
    (4)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    My thoughts exactly Eaglestrike. If you go and tickle Kumhau/Hurkan/Yumcax as a melee, usually within a minute you're one-shotted and it's back to afking for 5-10 minutes.

Not exactly what I'd call fun, especially when you already have the main rewards and the chances of obtaining a pluton are rather low.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    Hurkan
    I've personally never had a problem with Hurkan. Static Prison can be a bitch, but afair it's never 1-shot me in tp gear with Shell5 and barthundra. Kumhau and Yumcax on the other hand...
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 01-18-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I've personally never had a problem with Hurkan. Static Prison can be a bitch, but afair it's never 1-shot me in tp gear with Shell5 and barthundra. Kumhau and Yumcax on the other hand...
    Yeah right. Static Prison has NEVER done less than 2400 with Shellra V Barthundra and 50 cap PDT/MDT on.
    (0)

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast