Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Take out common synth drops ( I.e. flint stones, arrowwood logs) it kills the time and work put into the reives if u already got one of the drops and get that gear drop again. If nothing else give players another item off drops or a lot of phasma/ bayld to even out the time spent.
    (2)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They should really make 1-2 JSE Capes guaranteed to drop from Hurkan/Yumcax.

That would definitely be a step in the right direction, among some of the other adjustments people have said in this thread.
    (6)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On a personal note, BRD still gets shafted in evaluations for doing its job.

These are my main issues with Wildskeeper Reives:

-A zone like Hennetiel will never have high colonization. I feel bad for anybody who tries to do Tchakka these days. The same will probably be said about Yorcia and Yumcax. Yorcia is even worse because colonization may be hovering below 20%.

-On that note, if a zone does go under 20% colonization, don't make it's -damage taken 100%. You're just forcing people to bring an army of CORs to bypass that damage. And if those CORs aren't online or willing to come, the fight can go on forever.

-As Fynlar said, the entry key item should not be consumed upon entry. If the fight is not going well, players should be able to reevaluate things, warp out and try something different without a penalty. As it is, with colonization and lair reives, you are allowed to reenter after zoning or waiting 5 minutes. Right now, players may come on a job that ends up not contributing and rather than warping and coming on something else that can help, they will just afk until the battle ends.

-Yumcax and Hurkan seem to have some uneven distribution of items. Drop rates of all items should be equal. Also, the accessories should never have been added to the loot pools. While they are not useless, they pale in comparison to the armor and weapon drops and should have been introduced into the game in a different way.

-Provide some incentive to actually contribute to defeating the mega boss rather than just kill fodder mobs the entire time.

-These fights are very often painful and excruciatingly unenjoyable. In this day and age, no fight should last longer than a couple of hours and 3 hours is just about the upper limit of what an average player can withstand. I've read some accounts online of fights taking 8 or 12 hours, where players actually slept through parts of the fight.

So basically, if you're going to introduce Naakuals that are supposed to be comparable in difficulty to current Delve mega-bosses, we shouldn't be chasing that elusive 5 or 10% drop, especially when battles take so long, require very specific jobs, happen at unpredictable times, and cost 50k bayld at minimum. For the original 3 Wildskeeper, the main issue is just damaging them in areas with low colonization.
    (5)

Character
    Momokiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    When you trade in your KIs to get an item form the WK reives, you should lose them. Then after the next game tally, you can get your KIs again and get another item.
    This. In a few weeks there's going to be zero people doing the old 3 wildskeepers just like it was before the "Order Up" quest was added. Everyone will have finished the quest and no one will have any interest in doing the old ones again (with the possible exception of Tchakka). Even if you had to wait for 4 conquest tallies to repeat the quest (extreme example) it would still be better for the long-term health of the Wildskeeper content. As it stands, Order Up is a temporary solution at best and anyone coming back to the game in a few months probably won't even be able to complete it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Momokiri; 07-19-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Character
    Ixander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    These are my thoughts for Wildskeeper Reives:

1) Temporary Key Items upon defeating the boss that can be traded in for drops to encourage repeat fights instead of 1 time fights.
    2) Entry Key Item lost when boss is defeated, not on entry. With the 3 hour cool down, and the necessity for at least a fair number of players fighting the boss to get decent bayld, I don't think this is really exploitable as a bayld farming method.
    3) I don't know if other jobs have similar problems, but I went to a reive once on bard. I buffed my party and debuffed everything in sight, and after 2 or 3 minutes, 80 Bayld! Then the boss sneaks up on me and I die to an AOE, when I'm raised, 300 bayld! Dying shouldn't reward you more than doing your job.
    4) In a few months people will be bored with hitting rocks and roots. This may be further down the line, but something will eventually have to be done about the connection between colonization rate and damage reduction on bosses or it will be very difficult to clear these battles in the future.
    5) I like the smaller battlefields where players have to fight the extra monsters to keep them off other players. When you can pull the boss to a "safe zone" it makes fighting anything else unnecessary. This should be kept.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Stop making it so it can pick the same item you already got over and over. Nothing sucks more than to spend the balyd you spent hours farming to fight a mob for a few hours only to get a worthless grip over and over and over. Especially when you see other people get a new item every single time. Make it so that one of the armor/weapons THAT YOU DON'T HAVE drops each time.

Picking 1 item between the 2 or the 3 Naakuals was nice but doesn't really fix the problem when you want more than 1 thing. It's too much time to spend getting nothing repeatidly
    (4)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Now let's take a look at those lists and see which items from the second list are better than the items from the first list.
    Well, that's a short list. I guess people do have something to complain about.

People don't like this crap and / or they just can't do it for one reason or another. It doesn't matter if it's hard or not.

I mean seriously? You don't see why some people would be turned off by standing around shouting for hours, organizing 50 people and then doing an event that takes hours for often no reward at all? All while some other guy rakes in millions a day because he has 18 friends who happen to play at the same time as him? You must be eating paint chips.
    You're the only one eating paint chips since you seem to expect to do content far out of your "level" range by skipping all previous content and jumping straight to megabosses/new wildskeepers. Old ones aren't even very hard anymore since the update. I wonder if people will even do skirmish II when it has weapons equal/better then delve plasm and armor better then plasm armor just because of /der, megabosses have better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    But you do need to have someone who has actually completed a wildskeeper reive (hardcore content) to pop the NM or enter the fracture, making it not 'the easiest thing in the world ever part 2' to do.
    Almost everyone at this point should have a wildskeeper KI after the introduction of that new quest this update. There has been shouts for multiple wildskeepers al lthe time since people found out about the quest.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    You're the only one eating paint chips since you seem to expect to do content far out of your "level" range by skipping all previous content and jumping straight to megabosses/new wildskeepers. Old ones aren't even very hard anymore since the update. I wonder if people will even do skirmish II when it has weapons equal/better then delve plasm and armor better then plasm armor just because of /der, megabosses have better gear.
    I don't expect to do anything out of my level range. I have delve gear and jobs Jobs that can get me into groups if I so choose. I don't want to be standing around in a circle with the other 200 people left on my server who could do the same 6 months from now. Most of the games population are not in linkshells that can do this stuff. They won't continue to pay forever for SE to make content that not only can they not do, but that leads to them being excluded from more content. Why this basic concept eludes you is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    Almost everyone at this point should have a wildskeeper KI after the introduction of that new quest this update. There has been shouts for multiple wildskeepers al lthe time since people found out about the quest.
    Have you read the wildskeeper threads? Go check it out and get back to me on how everyone should be doing them.
    (6)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't expect to do anything out of my level range. I have delve gear and jobs Jobs that can get me into groups if I so choose. I don't want to be standing around in a circle with the other 200 people left on my server who could do the same 6 months from now. Most of the games population are not in linkshells that can do this stuff. They won't continue to pay forever for SE to make content that not only can they not do, but that leads to them being excluded from more content. Why this basic concept eludes you is beyond me.
    I'm just saying that is what most people are trying to do without even really trying to improve themselves, they basically want to just leech megaboss wins.

Have you read the wildskeeper threads? Go check it out and get back to me on how everyone should be doing them.
    I didn't say everyone should be doing them, I agree they need some more work. I said that being able to enter a delve plasm run should not be a issue as a result of not having the KI to enter, even if you don't the odds of getting 18 people together and none of them having one should be so incredibly small at this point if not near non-existent.

Just for the record, I don't not have a single megaboss win, there are no non jp groups capable of killing tojil yet.
    (0)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree with a lot of what's been said already, but I'll reiterate what resonated with me most.
    • Make entry key items be consumed upon the completion of a battle, not upon entry, and ONLY if enough of a contribution was made to be awarded an item.
    • Allow the quest "Order Up" to be repeated once per conquest tally (assuming that's not already how it works)
    • Make cape drops separate from loot unique to the boss. (In other words, getting a cape should not bar me from getting a unique item, too.)
    • Find a way to further increase bayld and experience rewards for support style jobs that are actively contributing.
    • Remove synthesis items from the loot list entirely. No one goes to a Wildkeeper Reive to try and get synthesis items.

Furthermore, how about a double bayld campaign to make up for all the people who were robbed of wins, what with all the bugs and maintenances?
    (6)

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast