Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Colonization Reive and Lair Reive Feedback

Please post your feedback related to Colonization Reives and Lair Reives in this thread.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I LOVE the Reive system, however I feel that it still needs some tweaking to the proportion of bayld you recieve for the actions that you initiate.
    Colonization Reives: I don't have a problem with the people standing nearby and getting the minimum bayld for doing nothing. But when I get the same amount because the Reive is over so quickly and I'm laying the smack down on some Birdos and carving Z's into rocks, it's kind of unfair.

Lair Reives: Not a whole lot of incentive to do these, and if there is, I've missed it. It would be cool if these dropped some cool temp items for use in the other reives or something, would give people a reason to do them.
    (2)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    The colonization rates need tweaking. It's annoying seeing the colonization rate for a zone *decreasing* while we're destroying every reive in sight. I get that you don't want this to be another weekly tally thing, but it shouldn't decreasing when people are actively removing every reive in the zone.

A lot of reives feel like there's 30 people and 20 mobs crammed into a 3 foot wide corridor and it's simply not fun. This is especially true of Marjami. Increase the effective range of the battlefield by at least 10 feet. This would open things up some, without having to worry about people hiding mobs half a zone away.

Only give status when a player makes an action against a reive target, or does something to assist a player with status. This would remove a lot of problems. Increase the countdown timer before tags expire when going out of range. It's too easy to accidentally leave a reive without noticing until it's too late.
    (1)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It IS pretty awkward when you see

"The area's colonization rate has increased to 99%"
    "The area's colonization rate decreases to 98%"
    (0)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Looking at the proposed plans by Matsui in the other thread. The only thing I'd like to see is Yorcia Weald's reives to become easier or yield a lot more bayld per evaluation than Marjami Ravine. Marjami Ravine's reives are nowhere near as hard, which is one of the main two reasons people flock there. The other reason being between true sight aggro and getting easily lost in Yorcia Weald.

Right now it's really hard to do Yorcia Weald reives unless you have a small army. On BLU with capped Blue Magic skill, +Blue Magic Skill and merits I can barely keep anything asleep more than once. We were dying every 1-5 minutes with 9 people (including a Paladin with Ochain trying to hold adds) until thankfully a stray RDM showed up and tried to keep everything asleep. The throttle on magic resistance needs to be pulled back a bit. Also their attack power and magic aoe attacks could be pulled back some.

Given the dangerous and confusing terrain. Doing either lowering difficulty or significantly increasing bayld will encourage some players to do reives there instead of cramming themselves into overcramped Marjami Ravine.
    (2)

Character
    Nyerieri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I wish there was a way for the GM's to give back lost bayld from hours of fighting due to maintenance on servers. That would be a great improvement.
    (5)

I agree with Rwolf. We went to Yorcia due to Marjami always being way over-camped, but with PLD, MNK, 2 x WHM, BST WAR and DRG/RDM, we were still dying every few mins. WHM can't sleep anything even with capped skill and decent gear. The stupid amount of enfeebs laid down by the mobs there doesn't help either. Twytherims and funguar silence and paralyze us. Saplings slow and sleep us. If both WHMs got hit with any enfeebles, we're screwed. Not sure what the other mob-type is in the reives as we only managed to do 2 before people got bored and left.
    (1)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    love the adjustments but now you need to make them re spawn every 20 minutes or so hour is 2 long
    (2)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally, I'm very happy with Colonization and Lair Reives. Decrease the reive ban to 3 minutes if you leave a reive. That's my one suggestion.
    (4)

Character
    Pugofmidgard
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Colonization:

* The standardized Exp/Bayld reward received at the conclusion of a Reive is good. Everyone was there to help, and everyone should be rewarded equally for this that do something to contribute.

* Recent changes to the end evaluation have made doing nothing, rewarding, this should not be the case. (700/700 for just showing up)

* Over-crowding due to a desirable item drop in the end evaluation treasure pool for specific zones leads to very little enjoyment of the activity itself. There is so much damage being dealt to the Reive object, in some cases that its impossible to receive any evaluation other than the final one. Which generally means no items will drop, which leads to the continued farming for the desired items, which continues to congest the zone.

* Normalized evaluations for all types of activity is a good thing. It allows for job variety and player preference, however, now it seems there is no real point to having anyone do anything involving prolonged combat. Everyone involved has a clear interest to get that end reward chance for the job specific back pieces with the new zones. This does not allow for players to engage in exciting combat, attempting to tame the void-tainted wilderness. We're left with watching everyone smash a rock to dust in the least amount of time possible.

* Allow every type and location of Reive to drop non-region specific items.
    - Crafting materials and delve shards remaining linked to where they are sourced or used is understandable
    - A back piece for every job doesn't need to be specific to these new areas, unless you're going to tell me their Velkk made ^.^
    - Marjami sitting at or near 100% which for a place so remote from everything makes no sense when every other area is near or below 50%
    - Skirmish needs help getting people into the current tier of battles, get rid of Iron Sand, Pebbles, Moko Grass and Seeds of all types (there is a vendor in Easter Adoulin with unlimited amounts for sale why drop in a Reive?)and make Skirmish pieces the new 'pebble'. I didn't get a back piece, i didn't get a shard, I didn't get 'rare' crafting material, but at least i got something that could lead to Gil, or some other character improvement.

Lair:

* The Lair Reive is just that, its about killing a monsters tiny house, not the monster(s) that lives there. While I do like being able to Solo Lair Reives without the need of a pet job, this sounds like it should be more menacing and difficult, its a joke.

* Let the Lair spawn monsters at specific health steps (85%, 60%, 45%, 30%, 15%) and once it spawns monsters from the Lair, the object is immune to damage until the monsters are defeated. Scale the reward up to match the effort.
    (7)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast