Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    While that is technically true if you mpk afk people you are at the mercy of those afk people when they get back. Lucky for the assholes thinking it's funny to mpk people on purpose most wont make reports. But I will. Stay classy and have fun with those bans fellas
    You can't prove someone intentionally mpked you once.
    <GM> why did you die near <afkplayer>
    <PK> I had too much link, and went there because i hoped they help me, or can RRsafe
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    You can't prove someone intentionally mpked you once.
    <GM> why did you die near <afkplayer>
    <PK> I had too much link, and went there because i hoped they help me, or can RRsafe
    Seems like people spend a lot of time trying to think of ways to get away with being dicks to other people who aren't doing anything to them in this game....

I wonder why people would rather AFK than play with them?...
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    True you can't just check log and see one guy doing that once. But that's true of basically most rule violations including botting and such. GM actually has to catch them in them doing it or get lots of reports/check chat logs. Believe me if you are seen talking about mpking people and then you do it and there seems to be a pattern of you just happening to die next to players flimsy excuses wont mean a thing. I've known people who thought it would be funny to mpk rolanmarters who got in trouble back in the day. Or people claiming to trying to help this ls beat nidhogg by cure bombing the tank. Hell got one guy banned who though it was funny to run around the dunes back when people actually ptd there as a 75 but anon naked with red hp asking for help/cures to kill people. Will you get away with it a few times? Damn right you will. Do it enough get a few reports on you and you get seen doing it and you will get in trouble
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Believe me if you are seen talking about mpking people and then you do it and there seems to be a pattern of you just happening to die next to players flimsy excuses wont mean a thing.
    Yep. Like for instance if say, you went and posted about how you could get away with MPKing people on the official forums and then did exactly what you said you were gonna do in the game... I'm pretty sure that counts as evidence and it doesn't even require scanning chat logs.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not. Everybody fighting mobs wants to be in a safe zone, away from respawns. If you afked at KB and got killed by somebody else's meteor, would you call a GM (note that I can't remember if meteor hits people without hate but I recall that it does)?

Aside from that, I've talked to a GM about a GEO intentionally using concentric pulse to wake slept mobs (there weren't many people at that reive, so we could barely make any headway on the rocks with repops without sleeping mobs). The GEO even laughed at me in /say, and it was the third time he had done it. But nothing happened, and I'm sure he wasn't penalized. I highly doubt that GMs are going to go out of their way to protect the rights of afk players.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You guys are so defensive of players afking in colonization reives. Once you afk in a battle zone you put yourself at risk to anything that happens, and you really have no right to complain about mpk, intentional or not. Everybody fighting mobs wants to be in a safe zone, away from respawns. If you afked at KB and got killed by somebody else's meteor, would you call a GM (note that I can't remember if meteor hits people without hate but I recall that it does)?

Aside from that, I've talked to a GM about a GEO intentionally using concentric pulse to wake slept mobs (there weren't many people at that reive, so we could barely make any headway on the rocks with repops without sleeping mobs). The GEO even laughed at me in /say, and it was the third time he had done it. But nothing happened, and I'm sure he wasn't penalized. I highly doubt that GMs are going to go out of their way to protect the rights of afk players.
    Except that these people are afk in places where mobs wouldn't normally kill them. People are going out of their way to kill them just because they hate to see the next gut get something for free. You can justify it any way you want, but the fact of the matter is that you are griefing another player. The only reason you are doing it is to screw the next guy. It has no tangible benefit to the game at large other than to satisfy your desire to watch the world burn.

And feel free to MPK me. Just know that when I see you guys in Wildskeeper reives and I'm dressed in twilight armor that it's because I'm about to drag a hundred mobs over to the summoner / mage parties over and over for the next 6 hours and That I'm taking the same moral stance that you did when you killed me. "They shouldn't have been standing there. They had it coming".

Is that what you want? Does that sound like the right way to play the game? When most servers have lost half their population in the last couple months should we really be going out of our ways to find new ways to screw each other?

There hasn't been a Yorcia wield wildskeep reive on my server in like a week. Can you really fault people for doing everything in their power to get a shot at these things before they go the way of campaign? Has it ever occurred to you that if that guy were fighting, that you would be getting less bayld? The more people afk for their incredibly slow bayld, the less you have to deal with them Fell cleaving all the rocks etc. It's actually better for everyone, since these things clearly don't support the number of people who do them in general.
    (1)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-02-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm not advocating MPK or griefing. I'm just saying that if you wake up and you're in Adoulin, you really can't complain.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Seems like people spend a lot of time trying to think of ways to get away with being dicks to other people who aren't doing anything to them in this game....

If I could, I would do nothing but MPK anyone and everyone, afk or not. It's not like there is any "legal" content worth doing.

If you couldn't get banned for doing things that entertain you... the game would be a completely different game.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post

I spent something like 5min to get away with that but never bothered MPK anybody in reive because its a waste of time/xp/bayld (get less bayld if i'm dead/weak than if i fight)
    I don't care about people AFKing in CR area is big enough, but in some LR there is not a lot of safe place and i might fight close to afk because i don't have choice if i dont want to link/agro or get knoked away from reive
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    I spent something like 5min to get away with that but never bothered MPK anybody in reive because its a waste of time/xp/bayld (get less bayld if i'm dead/weak than if i fight)
    I don't care about people AFKing in CR area is big enough, but in some LR there is not a lot of safe place and i might fight close to afk because i don't have choice if i dont want to link/agro or get knoked away from reive
    I'm not talking about people legitimately fighting mobs. I'm talking about people saying "Let's MPK these guys!!" and "Let's call a GM on these guys for cheating!!".

These people afk in the same spot all day unharmed. For the most part, It's pretty obvious when they die what happened.
    (0)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast