Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    There's gotta be a better way in obtaining these job specific mantles and capes. I've spent hours today and got a mantle for a job I don't use.
    (7)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would like to see either an auto-rr implemented or a stoneskin effect upon raising. Whether it's a momentum bonus, a boon granted based on colonization rate, or a questable KI doesnt matter to me, but it would be nice not to be forced into coming on either a pet or twilight job when numbers are low.
    (4)

I have a suggestion for increasing bayld yield from Colonization reives.

For every person participating in the reive, the obstacle should get a certain amount of DT-. It allows the reives to be low-manned if necessary, but also increases the duration and bayld yield if there are many people fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    I would like to see either an auto-rr implemented or a stoneskin effect upon raising.
    I mostly agree with this. Reraise should be a momentum bonus. Especially since RR earrings are up to 60k on Leviathan.
    (2)
    Last edited by Catmato; 07-18-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I didn't realize there was a dedicated community team generated thread before I posted the below in a separate thread. Which I guess makes sense because I made that post yesterday and this one was posted this afternoon.

But the short version: Make reives optional. Let those who want to participate for items/bayld/XP do so, but install NPCs or something to let you get around the reive if you're just passing through. As it stands, the fact that they create regenerating physical barriers all over the zone is making me hate Adoulin a lot. I got some lucky breaks doing recent stuff just because Adoulin is hot content right now and a lot of people are doing this stuff. But one day it's gonna be just like Campaign and those reives are never gonna get done and the obstacles are gonna stay up forever.

-------------------
    I had really been looking forward to Seekers of Adoulin. I love to explore brand new areas and I love the promise of new storyline. My hopes were dashed after it became apparent that almost all of the new zones required constant end user maintenance. All because of colonization reives blocking the way.

It cuts people off from most of the zones most of the time. On Sunday, I decided to start doing the new missions. I also decided to go get the new key items that let you climb scalable walls. To accomplish this, I had to go through the following process:

1) Warp out to station 4 in Foret de Hennetiel which was fortunately still there and which I had obtained a few months ago.
    2) Travel west toward Doh Gates, but UH OH! Reive blocks the way. Someone's gotta knock that tree down. I can't do it solo (I tried, didn't even come close). So I waited around a while, gave up, and logged out. Logged in twice on Monday; the second time I got lucky and the tree was down so I grabbed the opportunity to scurry across and head to Doh Gates.
    3) Get to Doh Gates, try to make it through to Marjami Ravine. Uh oh! Another reive! And I'm all alone! Luckily for me a friend had already reached Marjami and was able to take the waypoint out there, backtrack, and tractor me past the reive. So I caught a break there.
    4) Get to Marjami. Start the quest for climbing. Uh oh! There's a reive in place! Luckily this seems to be a popular one and there's a big group working to clear it. I made it through with the help of a bunch of strangers, but it took a long time... Probably at least a good half hour.
    5) Continue onward... Uh oh! ANOTHER REIVE. Again I luck out because several people are in the same boat as me and this time the reive is completed pretty quickly.
    6) I move through, find my way to the Velkk Cache and get the key item, return to base camp without trouble and complete the quest. Now it's time to return to the mission stuff.
    7) I do a bunch of cutscenes in Adoulin and find out I need to go to a spot in Cirdas Caverns. So I set out on a treacherous journey. I get to use my newfound climbing skill to get through Moh Gates. There are a fair number of reives in Cirdas, but there are also a lot of paths, so I can walk around. Finally get to the spot where the Ergon Locus is supposed to be and.... you guessed it... ANOTHER REIVE.

I gave up and left at this point.

This is just ridiculous. Reives it seems can't be soloed. Judging from my experience at the first reive in Marjami, you need more than a full party of well geared people. Now I have no problem with this if you're fighting notorious monsters for cool and powerful gear, but we're talking simple sightseeing. We're talking accessing the new expansion. To make matters worse, the obstacles in the reives regenerate! This feels like Chains of Promathia, except after you cleared Promyvion, you only had access to the Tavnazia region for an hour and then if you left you had to clear all three Promyvion zones again.

Or it's like Garlaige Citadel before the pouch of weighted stones, except instead of 4 people you need 10, and instead of 3 banishing gates there are dozens, and instead of a little bit of your time you need a lot.

As far as missions go, I'm fine if there's combat involved. I can gather together a party to do a BC fight. But with these missions, you have essentially 5 fights (1 in Hennetiel, 1 in Doh, 2 in Marjami, and 1 in Cirdas), that seem to be to difficult for one party of moderately geared players. But that's not even the issue! If you even want basic access to the new zones for simple sightseeing, you need to fight your way through.

And the thing is, it's just going to get worse as time goes by and people lose interest in Adoulin. Look at Wings of the Goddess! Most of the zones are controlled by the beastmen because there's no incentive to do campaign. That's not a big deal because the zones are pretty much exactly the same regardless of who controls them. But in Adoulin, when people aren't doing reives any more, most zones are going to be impossible to navigate!

Can we please just get rid of the stupid reives? I know people need reives to harvest bayld for other Adoulin endgame activities. So maybe replace the colonization reives with lair reives that you can just walk around and avoid. Or put in place near the colonization reives some sort of NPC that will let you warp around them? Maybe for a nominal amount of gil or bayld? Sorta like those mandragora that warp you around in Battalia, North Gustaberg, and Garlaige Citadel.

I'm usually a very patient man when it comes to this game, and am pretty apologetic to SE.. but this is really absurd. It doesn't even anger me, it just depresses me, to know there's this great big world out there and fun new missions, but I'm cut off from all of it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 07-18-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Had this in another thread, but reposting here.

I have two major problems with Colonization Reives in Marjami Ravine. The first everyone has experienced, and is mostly a player intellect problem. Everyone goes herp-derp hulk smash on whatever is targetable. Mobs go down, and reive ends in 3-5 mins. 80% of the attendees are then part of the 700 club because they didn't do enough e-peen to qualify for capes.
    • My suggestion to resolve this would be rocks with more HP.
    Problem #2, Me and two others recently went south to one of the reives down there where no one goes. There was a SMN already AFK there with pet on wall, and we put our own on the wall, while myself and a few other DDs took out the accompanying birds. We kept this process going for AN HOUR AND A HALF. I think we did pretty well don't you? Apparently not. All 3 of us 700 club, with 2 pebbles and a Velkk Necklace between the 3 of us. Hour and a half = terrible rewards.
    • Suggestion to resolve this, probably re-evaluate evaluations because they aren't working.
    Here is where things get tricky. We have two very opposite situations, one where a small group will spend an hour and a half destroying a reive obstacle. On the other hand we have in the same zone a huge number of players destroying a reive obstacle in a few minutes, so fast there is no real evaluation being completed. Try to fix one situation will make it worse for the other.

So now you have decided to reduce the HP of an objective (opposite of my first suggestion) so we will likely experience worse situations on the too fast side. I like what Pug mentioned about monster repops at certain percents, even if applied to colonization reive. If you kill the monsters, they don't come back until the reive is at a specific point. This allows low-man runs to focus on mobs, then the wall, then the mobs. (in our 1.5 hour run, 3 summons were on the wall while 3 DD were taking out the mobs one at a time, and by the time the 4th was down, the 1st had already repopped. Wash, rinse, repeat) On the other hand, if you have a large number of people focusing on the wall with repops coming every 10%-20%, very quickly people who aren't paying attention and are on the wall will find themselves swarmed with first 4 mobs, then 8 mobs, then 12 and 16. You get 12 birds in that tiny area and people will die, but it will teach them to GTFOff the wall.
    (3)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Splinters
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Increase the frequency of Colonization Reives. When an area is congested with players doing reives, the battles tend to end quickly and much less points are received.

Grant Stoneskin effect upon receiving Reive status to give mages a chance to get into position and deal with aggro.

And here is one that will never happen but I would love to see: Have the reives grant plasm along with experience points and bayld. It would be nice to have a chance to earn plasm solo at some kind of decent rate.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    But the short version: Make reives optional. Let those who want to participate for items/bayld/XP do so, but install NPCs or something to let you get around the reive if you're just passing through. As it stands, the fact that they create regenerating physical barriers all over the zone is making me hate Adoulin a lot. I got some lucky breaks doing recent stuff just because Adoulin is hot content right now and a lot of people are doing this stuff. But one day it's gonna be just like Campaign and those reives are never gonna get done and the obstacles are gonna stay up forever.
    Reives CAN be gotten around. In some zones you need to run around a bit, in others you can use survival skills like watercrafting or climbing to bypass colonization reives. If Morimar Basalt Fields doesn't have those shortcuts yet, it's because the skill is planned in a future zone. (A hangglider to get over cracks, for example.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Ixander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    These are my ideas for colonization reives:

1) Have a simple way to get past them without fighting them. Make them "transparent" like bushes, or don't have them completely block the path, or have a ??? that warps you from one side of the reive to the other. Whatever the method, doesn't really matter as long as you can get past every reive without fighting it. This way you can make changes to monster quantity and power, obstacle hp, reive re-spawn rate, and rewards without affecting the ability for single players to move through the zone. This might defeat the "colonization" theme of the event, but when you're going to such great lengths to change the event that it may no longer be feasible as a source of bayld, just to accommodate solo play, this might be a better alternative.

2) Make sure players must do "something" to get credit for the reive. Right now you can just be away near a frequently fought reive and get 700 bayld every hour.

3) If a reive ends before even 1 evaluation takes place, items should still drop to participants. Increasing evaluation frequency when there are many players engaged will help, but making sure that players can get items regardless of how quickly a reive ends would be good.
    (0)

Character
    Tsol
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Off the top of my head and from what I've read, remove the new JSE capes from the wildskeeper reives first. Also, change it so that capes are split between the new zones so that either Marjami and Yorcia each have a pool of 11 capes or include Dho Gates and split it 8/7/7. I think you would see more people doing reives and thus help increase the colonization rate in the other zones.

Re-raise from reives would also be a nice addition like what WoE has.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsol; 07-19-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    There is a second entrance to doh gates south of Biv 4 that isn't blocked by a reive and offers a Clean run straight to Marjami. The reives on the ramps are just part of the quest difficulty and the end result is the ability to bypass those reives with climbing.
    (0)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast