Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I started a Monk back during the 360 beta test, got frozen around 40 because I couldn't get my darn Okote to drop (1/23), so went to RDM, then stonewalled at 70 because Maat kept handing me my derriere. Dancer became my favorite when Wings came out (Beat Laila 1/3), but as soon as I hit DNC75, I came back home to Monk, and now my 3 favorite jobs are Dancer, Monk and Scholar.

As for Black Belt, I didn't get mine till about a year ago (Got Tongue/Beard within a month of each other, but then the LS I was on collapsed and I was stuck duoing/trioing Adamantoise for months, then lucked out when some friends gathered and we snagged Aspi.
    (0)
    Last edited by MiriOhki; 03-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Monk is my first and only 90... I just get too bored on other jobs lol.

PUP might eventually make it to 90 soon though, and since nobody has corsair on my server, I might decide to level that a little more until the abyssea monks die out.

But damn, I remember the day, back when warrior was THE tank, I used to get told off for taking hate.... Oh the good old days
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Godson
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Always the best job
    (0)

Player
    mnk was my second job (blm being the first)
    had to solo most of the times since noone invited mnks for bird camps in TOAU-areas.
    Did one good thing though: i know how to play my job solo and in parties.
    but still so many ppl going for mnk and wondering: "hey, MNK is a good DD?"
    always was, always will be i just wish i would have started earlier to do some mnk burning on Skelletons.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by botaut View Post
    they have a great drop rate on those items.
    Don't believe this or you'll find yourself to be one very frustrated MNK if you do decide to go the KSNM route. That said, I wouldn't let that stop me... a small chance is better than no chance.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Liselle View Post
    Still my main job, even if i'm taken hostage as BLM every time i have to do abyssea or dynamis
    same for me, but i get taken hostage as WHM.

monk was my first job, been playing it for 6 years now... no one wanted me, got stuck at lvl 64 for a really long time, couldn't find parties... now everyone's levelling the job. ><; /sigh.
    (0)

Character
    Justal
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by darkShirou View Post
    Easy for you to say... when you're left high-and-dry to solo every piece of your black belt it only becomes an infuriating and depressing chore. Especially now that everyone and their mothers are leveling it just for the sake of abyssea, their linkshells go and control the NM's in full-force just to give everyone, even those without monk job, a black belt for giggles...
    Try a few KS99s! i swear the drops arent as bad as everyone says they are. we went 3/4 on Faf and 3/3 on turtle! now...how bad could it really be?
    (0)
    95BLM,95MNK,95PLD,95WAR,55SCH,50DNC,49RDM,49SAM,49NIN,49THF,
    49WHM,37BLU,41DRK,37SMN,37RNG,37BRD,29COR,20DRG,21PUP,26BST
    [Points spent] General Merits: 179
    MNK Merits: 74
    PLD Merits: 50
    BLM Merits: 08
    WAR Merits: 74
    Total: 385

I'm interested in leveling monk (im genuinely interested in the job xD). So this is more of a question to those who were monks first before any other job, 'How has Monk grown over the years?" atleast from what you've noticed (if that question made no sense tell me and ill come up with it in another way)
    (0)

Character
    Deeedo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justalphoeni_x View Post
    Try a few KS99s! i swear the drops arent as bad as everyone says they are. we went 3/4 on Faf and 3/3 on turtle! now...how bad could it really be?

LOL. Just do a shout for KS99 you'd be surprise how many people will join. It takes longer to enter and buff up than to kill faf and turtle. 7-8 BLM or less if they are good and know how to follow directions. Then you could always offer to buy off ppl who just wanna sell on their orb and have those ppl come.
    (0)

Character
    Tekkenooo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Justalphoeni_x View Post
    You got lucky. i Have make 0/26 on KS99 TARTARUGAGIGANTE and 0/46 Adamantois all whit TH4.
    I think Galka are unlucky >_<
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast