Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Rassitier
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    I entered the world of Vana'diel as a monk, and haven't looked back since. It took me a little over 3 years before I level a second job to 75, and that was only because i had the Usukane to put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by darkShirou View Post
    Easy for you to say... when you're left high-and-dry to solo every piece of your black belt it only becomes an infuriating and depressing chore. Especially now that everyone and their mothers are leveling it just for the sake of abyssea, their linkshells go and control the NM's in full-force just to give everyone, even those without monk job, a black belt for giggles...
    I would say most of the monks reading this post, the ones who leveled monk as there first job, had just as bad, and probably a little worse getting our belts back in day, trying to compete against every single HNM LS.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rassitier; 03-08-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Monk is (and will always be) my main. My 1st job to 75lvl, even though when I made the character I had intended for Dragoon to be my main. By the time I had lvl'd monk to 30lvl to start unlocking all the advanced jobs, I was so in love with it I couldn't stop playing it. It took me 3 years (from NA release) to reach 75lvl. I remember finding other things to do while LFP, and having dry spells that could last up to 4 months at a time. Once the fellow NPC's were added, I at least had a "buddy" with me while LFP.

And after almost 8 years of playing this game (and lvl'ing other jobs to cap), you can see below how far Dragoon has actually made it. Lol

Oh, and I still only have the egg for my black belt. But, the new LS that I joined may start doing some KS99's so I can get my last 2 items.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dhragon; 03-08-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Galka monks are indeed awesome, but Galka mage is lots of fun ;P (Monk is one of the melee jobs I might fully level on Cuddleslave) Monk was gonna be my first job when I first played but so called friend back then pretty much made me not play it my war will forever be 51 if I had started mnk like I wanted it would have been my first 75 job before drg & drk lol. Since I'm gonna put my 47 pld on hiatus I think I will go work on my mnk on Tohi
    (0)

I just hit 90 on my Monk yesterday morning, and it has been my main job for the duration of my FFXI career. I feel folks' pain about the black belt stuff -- I have none of the items needed for it either. I manage to do okay with the gear I have for the most part though. +19% haste ain't that bad! And who doesn't love Tarutaru backflips when we do the Asuran Fists Weapon skill?
    (0)

Character
    Dinh
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdogg View Post
    Who doesn't love mnk?
    Samurais...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinh View Post
    Samurais...
    I don't know about you, but most SAMs I know/knew were bandwagon SAMs throughout ToAU, now they're all bandwagon MNKs.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Character
    Foxthesly
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    I don't know about you, but most SAMs I know/knew were bandwagon SAMs throughout ToAU, now they're all bandwagon MNKs.
    lol, pretty much.

I got my first black belt item about 4 years ago (tongue) and probably would have gotten the other two had I not quit for 3 years. I'll probably need to set up a KS99 run soon.
    (0)

Monk has been my main job since I started playing FFXI in late 2007. I enjoying pummeling mobs. I really need to get a Black Belt though.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rassitier View Post
    I entered the world of Vana'diel as a monk, and haven't looked back since. It took me a little over 3 years before I level a second job to 75, and that was only because i had the Usukane to put it in.

I would say most of the monks reading this post, the ones who leveled monk as there first job, had just as bad, and probably a little worse getting our belts back in day, trying to compete against every single HNM LS.
    Nothing has changes, we're still competing against HNM LS's for it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by darkShirou View Post
    Easy for you to say... when you're left high-and-dry to solo every piece of your black belt it only becomes an infuriating and depressing chore. Especially now that everyone and their mothers are leveling it just for the sake of abyssea, their linkshells go and control the NM's in full-force just to give everyone, even those without monk job, a black belt for giggles...
    Even if the nms are camped to hell . you have to remember ksnm 99's!!! they have a great drop rate on those items. Dont forget about ksnm 99's. fafnir is easy. can probably do it with 1 party @ 90 now. Behemoth and turtle are always easy. If you dont do this . use <stnpc> for your claiming macro .. whatever it may be voke, chi blast etc.. if your in range you still have a great chance to get claim. If someone has a pet job u have an even faster chance if they have the pet out.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast