Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Beastmaster jug pets

So I decided to verify some levels of jug pets since the update notes said beast affinity would apply over level 99. Turns out nope full beast affinity merits same hp as one called without any merits.

The update notes also said "If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level" but calling a pet with brethen axe of ilvl of 113 my pet had exactly the same hp as without.

Only when I had a weapon with ilvl higher than AND beast affinity merits did it's hp go up ie did it gain ilvls.

Beast affinity merits raise the maximum level of a jug pet so according to the update notes that alone should raise the pet above level 99 and also according to the update notes just changing weapons should as well and "If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level" they should add together but instead it takes whichever one of those is the lowest.

This sounds like a bug because of the notes and because all the other pet jobs merely put on 1 item and their pets are now much stronger. A dragoon for example would have a level 120 pet I beleive with delve polearm. While bst right now has to equip said ilvl weapon AND put merits into beast affinity AND make af2+2 AND augment it and even with all that the pet would still be stuck at ilvl 114. So if this is intended it is very unbalanced and should be fixed anyways
    (0)

Character
    Teiei
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Beast affinity merits do not raise the actual level of your jug pets, they raise the level CAP of the jug pets.
    All jug pets with a level cap greater than 99 will spawn exactly at their level cap PROVIDED your main weapon has an item level that is greater than or equal to that cap. If your main weapon's item level is less than the jug pet's level cap, it will spawn at the item level of your weapon.

Example: Faithful Falcorr naturally caps at level 99, with beast affinity and augment it's cap is increased by 15 levels to a level of 114. It will only spawn at level 114 if your main weapon's item level is 114 or greater, if you have brethren axe (item level 113) then falcorr will spawn at 113. However if you have an axe with item level 119, it will spawn at 114 because that is falcorr's cap.

Several of the new jugs have caps that are above level 100 already, I believe the delve jug caps at 113 or above without any beast affinity merits at all.

This is the same way jug pets have always been but for the fact that they are limited by the item level of our main weapon instead of our actual level.

Also, Drg's wyvern has no caps, it simply spawns at the item level of the drg's main weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Teiei; 07-18-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That's basically what I just said...

Just seems like a bug considering other jobs just equip weapon and get it all the way up we have to merit and augment to get it up and will still be lower lvl than the other jobs pets. The new non delve jugs are just slighlty higher than 100. So again we'd still be lower than everyone else because using 2k plasm a pet is completely unrealistic. And with the non delve ones even with full BA merits and augmented af2 hands and Kerehcatl you'd still be lower than drg with his polearm and smn once they get there mega boss version. Not to mention the jugs are kinda meh and/or hard to obtain.

I don't know if it was an unintentional gimp or not but it's completely unbalance with the other pet jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 07-18-2013 at 07:19 AM.