Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Marked for Life

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    The loading times on those PSX releases were atrocious anyway xD
    That's the main reason I thought they sucked.

I think I had a PC capable of emulating them before the PS1 versions were even released anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Final Fantasy 5 got ported over to the Iphone recently and is currently being sold on the App Store. I'm hoping SE will do a full remake of Final Fantasy VI rather than just a port. The storyline and the game itself is amazing and while a port would be good for keeping the classic at its original state, I loved how they remade Final Fantasy 3. It was great to see both the Nintendo version and the remake that was released for the DS and I have to say that not only was the remake better than the original, it felt more fresh and new while still following the same storyline, music and all other things. Just the 3D graphics and enhanced music made it better than the 8bit version.

After watching Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV and V released on the Iphone, I'm wondering if VI and VII is coming soon...as technology is getting better and since cellphones are showing improvements with better upgrades in memory, graphics, Screen Resolution, and storage as time goes by, it could be possible. If FFXIV proves to be SE's new hit version then developers will have to keep their word on turning back the clock and reworking FFVII to the standards of today's generation.

http://m.gamespot.com/news/no-final-...iginal-6384331

http://kotaku.com/5472668/square-eni...make-questions

It would be exciting to play a remake of VII on the PS3. One of the reasons I did not become so interested after playstation 1 advanced to II & III was how realistic games were becoming. Also the reason why I did not enjoy Final Fantasy XIII. It was more of an action than fantasy in my eyes. Same reason I didn't like the movie Spirits Within. However if SE does Remake VII keeping the game Fantasy and graphics slightly cartoonish ill be willing to pay more than $150 for a collectors edition. Unlike the $100 I paid twice for FFXIV which money was wasted in disappointment.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-17-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm hoping SE will do a full remake of Final Fantasy VI rather than just a port ... It would be exciting to play a remake of VII on the PS3 ... Also the reason why I did not enjoy Final Fantasy XIII ... Same reason I didn't like the movie Spirits Within.
    I like how opinions over each entry in the series vary wildly by person. It's actually a fun part of the community discussion for me. People get obsessed about their favorite FF being the "last good one"... lol.

I won't deny how bad Spirits Within was, but loved the heck out of XIII, even being a fan since 1. On the other hand, I don't have any intention of buying the X HD remake. However, I'd take a week off of work, turn off my cell phone, and become a shut-in if they remade VI even the way they did IV, let alone an HD version.

I'd buy an HD VII, but wouldn't obsess over it
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I like how opinions over each entry in the series vary wildly by person. It's actually a fun part of the community discussion for me. People get obsessed about their favorite FF being the "last good one"... lol.

I won't deny how bad Spirits Within was, but loved the heck out of XIII, even being a fan since 1. On the other hand, I don't have any intention of buying the X HD remake. However, I'd take a week off of work, turn off my cell phone, and become a shut-in if they remade VI even the way they did IV, let alone an HD version.

I'd buy an HD VII, but wouldn't obsess over it
    Lol yeah it is fun, but hey Hi Five to you for loving FFVI too. Although you loved FFXIII, I just never could get fully into the game like other series. I dunno if I'd obsess over VII also but hey, if the graphics, music was reworked to be as awesome as the amount of work was done to FFXIV reborn, we just might have a good reason to fall in love all over again. And like FFIII adding in new things the original does not have would even be cool.

As for Spirits within, what happened to BLM? WHM? MNK? 4 warriors coming together to set on a journey to restore the world through the power of the crystals? Light warriors instead of science team... Hmmm.

Edit: Gaia was part of the storyline, which was FF7 yet the movie was not FF7.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-18-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    FFVII for me, I played X first in 5th grade and had a blast but when I got a hold of VII, followed by IX was what really hooked me in.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3