Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Yumcax - Immune to Elemental Magic

Last night I did Yumcax and I noticed, even with elemental seal, all of my spells did 0 damage including Meteor. When I checked my filters, I was seeing 2400+ wildfires being done to the NM and that is considered fire damage.

Is this a bug? Every BLM did 0 damage to it.
    (0)

Player
    Are you absolutely sure it was Wildfire and not Quick Draw?

Every 20% Col Rate the WK NMs lose 20% Damage taken reduction, this means if you have a 100% rate then they take full damage, but with 0~19% rate they take 0%, at 20~39 they take 20%, and so on. Special damage types do break through this, such as Quick Draw and Odin, but over a very small few do this. I think this could be the issue, if not, I apologize, and hope you get assistance, these NMs seem to have a ton of problems right now which is why even with all of the new amazing gear, we are waiting to do them for a couple weeks.
    (0)

Player
    I was there, everything that wasn't quick draw/pet damage was 0.

All my physical attacks and magical attacks were 0 damage, we only had 9% colonization. Even skillchains did 0.

I still got 15,000 exp and a R/E item on both accounts though.
    (0)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    If you are right Demon on the damage reduction based on the col. rate then that is probably what happened. It was 12% Col. Rate and I figured it would take 12% damage then. Thank you for the info!!!
    (0)

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    I was there, everything that wasn't quick draw/pet damage was 0.

All my physical attacks and magical attacks were 0 damage, we only had 9% colonization. Even skillchains did 0.

I still got 15,000 exp and a R/E item on both accounts though.
    Yea, I saw you there. I got tons of exp and the Cape from the NM's drop list. Just was depressing not being able to do damage to the NM and had no idea its damage taken was based on every 20% col. rate
    (0)

Player
    I honestly think its very stupid that it works on a 20% tier basis, but it seems to be the case. Really they need to change it because it makes things a lot less fun, and since in game there seems to be no warning for what your getting into with that whole thing you can end up entering only to find out its impossible for you to damage the Boss.
    (0)

Player
    Don't you know, that we're supposed to get 100% colonization before we even attempt the naakuls the first time?

That's how this progression system works. Be glad that you can damage them at all the way SE works...

It wouldn't have shocked me at all if they had 100% DT until 100% colonization.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I honestly think its very stupid that it works on a 20% tier basis, but it seems to be the case. Really they need to change it because it makes things a lot less fun, and since in game there seems to be no warning for what your getting into with that whole thing you can end up entering only to find out its impossible for you to damage the Boss.
    Well I think the whole idea is to get you to do colonation/lair reives to get the colonation rate up in the first place.

You guys keep asking them to make the game easier, what do you want them to hand you all the good items now.

Colonation reives are now lame(because of all the crying) in cbattle grounds with how little the mobs spawn and people afk in zone to collect bayld.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 07-15-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Well I think the whole idea is to get you to do colonation/lair reives to get the colonation rate up in the first place.
    That's the idea, but that's not how the game works. Look at all of the areas rates on Phoenix, 95% in Ceizak, far higher than ever before because its easy to low-man now. Foret is only 30%, Morimar is only 40%, Yorcia is only 19%, taking 0 damage right now, Marjami is at 100%, the first and only time I have seen an area that high. What does all of this mean? Simple, people are doing Reives in 1 area, probably the easiest or at least the most crowded so that Reives are faster. What does this mean for the other areas? Well, unless you have a group of friends capable of quickly killing every Reive you can in a zone, your not raising that rate all to fast, and when you take a break its just going to go right back down, so unless you have server help, its not going anywhere. That means your either restricted to low damage, convincing others on your server to raise the rate, or burning down the WK Reive with very specific jobs and abilities just so you can actually kill it while it has immunity to nearly all damage. To me, its as bad as Campaign almost in that respect. Before the update, Morimar was almost always under 20, or just barely above it, Foret I think was in the mid 20s normally, Ceizak was hovering around 30~40%. I understand the idea behind why its setup that way, but it failed, like their latter system to get gear, almost no one does skirmish for weapons before doing some Delve, good concept, doesn't work with this player base. We would rather fight a NM 8 hours with nothing but a couple CORs & SMNs being able to damage it rather than to spend 5 hours doing Reives and 1 hour on the WK Reive itself.

You guys keep asking them to make the game easier, what do you want them to hand you all the good items now.
    Nothing about this is difficulty, its a server wide event, those have always failed in this game, I honestly can not think of a server wide event that required constant upkeep which turned out well. Even Campaign which was good for a while has become nothing more than a place for people to level now, no real hope of taking places over in order to really do some of the best Campaign Ops.

Colonation reives are now lame(because of all the crying) in cbattle grounds with how little the mobs spawn and people afk in zone to collect bayld.
    They changed it because no one was doing it, and small groups without an Ochain PLD could not really do it that well either, so in the end it was either change that, or leave no one doing it, which screws new people and old people alike. New people could not do Scardy Cats, the most important quest for someone coming to Adoulin, and they also can not get much Bayld, the currency of the nation. If you think this change was bad, I fail to see why, please, let me know how this is negative, to me it seems like the rate is high, unlike before, people can do it, unlike before, and new people can manage to get around it, unlike before.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well I told you why it was bad, people are now afking in the reives and getting credit for it. If you think it's okay to be rewarded for doing nothing why even play the game?

They made them to easy.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast