Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Yumcax battle ripoff

Ok so I entered wildskeeper reive against the new NM "Yumcax" (tree in Yorcia Weald), and he was at 80%-ish so I worked my hardest at geomancing and debuffing him to death with everyone else, and all I got was a Petrified Log and cleared key item! I have seriously been ripped off of my 65K bayld.

what happened to these items?:

Tamaxchi
    Ixtab
    Pahtli Cape
    Ocachi Gorget
    Buremte Hat
    Buremte Gloves

Lots of stuff I won't use but one or two that I was interested in, and got a log.
    (12)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 07-13-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Don't worry, you would've only gotten a Gorget/Cape anyways like 85% of the rest of the players around you.

Then you would do the fight again, and just get another Gorget/Cape. Rinse and repeat.

Seriously SE, why the hell did you feel the need to incorporate VW-esque drop rates for these new Wildskeeper fights? Because it's absolute bullshit. I already know players who have done Hurkan 5-6 times and still haven't gotten anything other than that Bullet/Grip. Also it seems players who enter the arena when the boss is under 50% health don't receive proper evaluations or ANY rewards. While I like the idea of pushing players to try to enter the arena sooner rather than later (a plague of all the past Wildskeeper reives), you're still just ripping unsuspecting players off and pushing away reinforcements.

The drop system is just complete, utter bullshit. Depending on people's interest, they may only have 1-2 pieces they really want from a Wildskeeper, similar to the last 3 Wildskeepers. The last 3 Wildskeepers though had loot pools that only had 4-5 items in them and each had an even chance of dropping. It worked out fine for the most part (granted there's still horror stories of never getting that one specific drop you want).

But Yumcax and Hurkan have had two accessories added to their loot pools. These accessories, while not terrible, really don't compare to the equipment/weapons and they drop far far far far far too commonly.

I'm sorry, Idk what to really say since I'm just venting. Can we just have Delve II already? You see, one of the main reasons why Delve was so praised was that players could see the light at the end of the tunnel; they could see their rewards, not being limited by the damn random number generator. In Delve, effort was rewarded and it was purely awesome. In these new Wildskeeper reives, effort is hardly rewarded. You can be working your ass off, you may not even be receiving evaluations anymore (they seem to cap at 25k Bayld total in the new Wildskeepers, which is also dumb), yet the person hiding in the corner who's done hardly anything but stand around the entire fight gets the equipment you're after.

It's VW all over again. And it sucks.
    (17)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would have been well maybe not happy, I would have been okay with obtaining the bullet from Hurkan... but I got the grip. After hours of doing reieves in the same zone with the hopes of obtaining a cape. I usually try to look on the bright side of things but it's hard to find something positive out of this experience, because I was not able to say well at least I obtained bayld, because I left with less than I started, I didn't get any skillups, because you can't in any rieves... and I didn't get any exp because the amount I obtained cancelled out the amount I lost. While the naakul fight itself was pretty fun, the wall bashing to get there outweighs the battle itself :/

Edit: I wrote this before I discovered the "order up" quest, which I think is a great idea. I was very happy to discover I could select the one item I really wanted from the first 3 Naakul's. It will be a tough choice after I beat the 5th one which to pick from the most recent two.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vivivivi; 07-16-2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: changed opinion

I hope there will be some good reason to have the crest key items at least.
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Splinters
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Lakshimi 6pm EST, Saturday 13th of July:

We did this fight last night, lasted 100 minutes. Thanks to event organizers and the nice job they did in coordinating 150 players, most of us who had not done this run before. Fight was flawless, had 3 deaths the entire fight and at the end I got the scythe I was hoping for. Wish I knew your names to thank you individually.

* Thank you, Fredward and team.
    (0)
    Last edited by Splinters; 07-16-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah I just did 3 Hurkaans with me and my mule. Fought each one from 100% down to dead no dcs. All I have to show for it is grip on my main and bullet on my mule. Is this a glitch or something because that's kinda messed up
    (2)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radicaldreamer View Post
    I hope there will be some good reason to have the crest key items at least.
    There is, having all 3 older KI's lets you pick a single item that drops from the old Naakual's and having both newer KI's lets you pick a single item from Hurkan or Yumcax. The quest is bugged for some(including me) depending on where you are in certain quests but SE and the Dev's are aware of the bug.
    (3)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    Just fought Hurkan tonight on both of my chars and got 36 xp/bayld and no reward other than KI. Something's definitely up with this fight.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    There is, having all 3 older KI's lets you pick a single item that drops from the old Naakual's and having both newer KI's lets you pick a single item from Hurkan or Yumcax. The quest is bugged for some(including me) depending on where you are in certain quests but SE and the Dev's are aware of the bug.
    There is? O.o
    (0)

Character
    Creativename
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Just got nothing but a Darksteel Ore from Hurkan. :\ Did it once before but sent the Bullet I got to a mule. So it wasn't the same thing dropping that caused me to get nothing...
    (0)
    Last edited by Futan; 07-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast