Thread: the new gear

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

the new gear

So for thf we got some great pieces of +2 from abyssea and to be honest so far i'm a bit under whelmed by the new gear for thf, ok so the following are nice upgrades Thurandaut Tabard
    Manibozho Brais

We already had the head piece from the AH Ocelomeh headpiece, which is better tp gear than the Thurandaut Chapeau and the new earrings as far as i can see don't beat the brutal / supp combo and i can't see how the Manibozho Jerkin is meant to be better than the Thurandaut Tabart

The real leet stuff is good but i though the idea was to give us better gear to bridge the gap so we could go after the Toji's of this world, i just can't see it, am i missing some thing?
    (0)

By the time you add 15 att, 10 acc and 10 STR to any of the Manibozho pieces, they become pretty much the best WS piece.

By the time you add 15 acc 10 att and 10 DEX to any of the Manibozho pieces, they become pretty much the best TP piece.

The brais are still the best TP and WS piece even with just a couple of upgrades, on either path.

I haven't really played about much with THF since the update, so I can't tell exactly how much extra acc we need to compete at the top level.

Whirlpool mask and Uk'uxkaj Cap blow Oce+1 out of the water. Personally I still use Emp +2 head on THF for the triple attack.

Buremte Gloves are quite nice as a TP piece too.

What you have to remember is that we're not just playing abyssea now, where we always capped acc. Manibozho body beats Thurandaut if you can't hit the mob.
    (0)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    really? you think its worth upgrading that gear more than a couple of levels as at the current pace it will be replaced in a month or 2
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    really? you think its worth upgrading that gear more than a couple of levels as at the current pace it will be replaced in a month or 2
    Nope, I don't believe that. I just said that if you did, they would be worth something right now.

Personally I refuse to upgrade anything past rank 2. Reward:Work ratio past that is just ridiculous.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    By the time you add 15 att, 10 acc and 10 STR to any of the Manibozho pieces, they become pretty much the best WS piece.

By the time you add 15 acc 10 att and 10 DEX to any of the Manibozho pieces, they become pretty much the best TP piece.
    The bolded portion is not available on Manibozho armor. It can only be augmented with the ATK path, the RATK path, and the EVA path. Unless you have rng or cor, you should probably focus on ATK path. The pants are great for TP and WS (for most jobs, I think), and I've heard the feet are great for TP.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Quote Originally Posted by Quedari View Post
    The bolded portion is not available on Manibozho armor. It can only be augmented with the ATK path, the RATK path, and the EVA path. Unless you have rng or cor, you should probably focus on ATK path. The pants are great for TP and WS (for most jobs, I think), and I've heard the feet are great for TP.
    D'oh. Forgot that stats aren't the same for heavy and light ><

And the feet are only great for TP if you don't need the acc. And if you do need the haste. I'm using relic +2 feet for TP still.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-16-2013 at 02:33 PM.