Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Soloing War was pretty easy for me from like 1-12, then after that, it became very difficult. Didn't help that I used a scythe, which is god-awfully slow. Logic to upping scythe was to use it to level my DRK. Anyway, after sub job, subbing with WHM helped a bit (just for healing purposes), but really didn't help that much. I added some accessories to increase my MP.. but wasn't too great.
    As for WAR being over powerful, no. If you play WAR correctly, you can do mediocre at best.
    (0)
    Loving FFXI again...
    Jensenm
    Server/World: Asura
    Jobs: Warrior: 30, WHM: 18, Thief: 12, Monk: 6, RDM: 6, BLM: 1 =[
    Yes, n00b stats, but it's all I have!!!
    /t me ingame and we can play together!!

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenM View Post
    Soloing War was pretty easy for me from like 1-12, then after that, it became very difficult. Didn't help that I used a scythe, which is god-awfully slow. Logic to upping scythe was to use it to level my DRK. Anyway, after sub job, subbing with WHM helped a bit (just for healing purposes), but really didn't help that much. I added some accessories to increase my MP.. but wasn't too great.
    As for WAR being over powerful, no. If you play WAR correctly, you can do mediocre at best.
    I think people are talking end game.

End game, yeah they are right. WAR is significantly better than everyone else.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Also, I think its funny that people don't think that war "can legitimately gain tp that fast." (as seen on the first page) Tablilla is a joke, so you can go all out on it all the time with retaliation up. With Haste, Marches, and /sam, you get TP too fast for Ukko's animation to end.

And there's no need for any type of meds/ SCH or COR.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 05-09-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    I think people are talking end game.

End game, yeah they are right. WAR is significantly better than everyone else.
    Yes, past 30 Warrior gets much better. With extra equipment that raises ATK and STR. I still don't quite think WAR is much better than other classes, especially the mage classes and of course I can't speak for say the last 4 newer jobs, as I never got to play as them before I stopped play in 05...
    (0)
    Loving FFXI again...
    Jensenm
    Server/World: Asura
    Jobs: Warrior: 30, WHM: 18, Thief: 12, Monk: 6, RDM: 6, BLM: 1 =[
    Yes, n00b stats, but it's all I have!!!
    /t me ingame and we can play together!!

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenM View Post
    Yes, past 30 Warrior gets much better. With extra equipment that raises ATK and STR. I still don't quite think WAR is much better than other classes, especially the mage classes and of course I can't speak for say the last 4 newer jobs, as I never got to play as them before I stopped play in 05...
    I'm talking end of the line game. Ukonvsara WAR's make fools of all the other DD, literally DESTROY their numbers, as in they simply CANNOT compete. MNK's the next runner up, but still rather far behind in high haste situations.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    I'm talking end of the line game. Ukonvsara WAR's make fools of all the other DD, literally DESTROY their numbers, as in they simply CANNOT compete. MNK's the next runner up, but still rather far behind in high haste situations.
    Unless of course it's a Vere mnk hundred fisting after aftermath Lv.3.
    I know parses don't mean much, but a fully buffed + MS Ukon war vs a fully buffed HF Vere mnk with aftermath 3 already up will see MNK win, providing the fight doesnt last more than 1 minute.

But, yeah, Widowmaker Wars give Vere MNKs a run for their money. Ukon WARs just can't be touched.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Unless of course it's a Vere mnk hundred fisting after aftermath Lv.3.
    I know parses don't mean much, but a fully buffed + MS Ukon war vs a fully buffed HF Vere mnk with aftermath 3 already up will see MNK win, providing the fight doesnt last more than 1 minute.

But, yeah, Widowmaker Wars give Vere MNKs a run for their money. Ukon WARs just can't be touched.
    wrong because fully buffed WAR (SV marched, hasso, haste, haste samba) and mnk will have the same delay reduction (80%cap)
    MNK : (480+51)*.2/60= 1.77s for 2 77 base dmg hit where only one can DD (afaik martial arts DR is calculated in DR cap ignore post if i'm wrong)
    WAR : 482*.2/60=1.6 s for 1 131 base dmg hit 100% crit, +CAB trait (no longer capped@50)
    war win by a bigger amount than on a no high buf (where mnk have more DR)
    hundred fist is a useless 2H in max buff situation
    (1)
    Last edited by hiko; 05-11-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    wrong because fully buffed WAR (SV marched, hasso, haste, haste samba) and mnk will have the same delay reduction (80%cap)
    MNK : (480+51)*.2/60= 1.77s for 2 77 base dmg hit where only one can DD (afaik martial arts DR is calculated in DR cap ignore post if i'm wrong)
    WAR : 482*.2/60=1.6 s for 1 131 base dmg hit 100% crit, +CAB trait (no longer capped@50)
    war win by a bigger amount than on a no high buf (where mnk have more DR)
    hundred fist is a useless 2H in max buff situation
    This is almost correct.
    1. March x2 with a +2 hand +3 harp BRD is cap magic haste with haste on. 25% gear, 45% from magic 10% from hasso is cap haste. No need for soulvoice.

2. Hundred Fists is not 80% haste, its actually 73% which is even less dps.

3. No one accounts for Retaliation. Retaliation puts WAR even higher above everyone else because lets face it: 2 Ukko's = Cap hate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 05-13-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Character
    Jonrambo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Hmm i read all this stuff about critical hit , uber tp builds etc and its all based on abyssea which is great until you take the atma bonuses out of the equation, so before you make suggestions and judgements go play the jobs in the real world and see whats best, and btw i play as galka i do play war but mostly a smn , so go die a bit its all fun .
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrambo View Post
    Hmm i read all this stuff about critical hit , uber tp builds etc and its all based on abyssea which is great until you take the atma bonuses out of the equation, so before you make suggestions and judgements go play the jobs in the real world and see whats best, and btw i play as galka i do play war but mostly a smn , so go die a bit its all fun .
    Haste is the same inside and out, the TP builds don't change. Ukko's is still the best WS outside of abyssea if you gear correctly.
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast