Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

war = overpowerful

I think the WAR is overpowerful and useful right now.

My DD is persecuted cause WAR is ..

You think so ?
    Let's do discussion
    (0)

WAR is not overpowered. While WAR has a very nice damage output, it balances out by having the defensive capabilities of a wet noodle. As a comparison, look at MNK- right now MNK is the best tank in the game because it deals out ludicrous amounts of damage, but is able to avoid taking huge amounts of damage with a strong evasion skill, counter, and guard.

Until WARs are able to DD tank things that MNKs laugh at, I don't think we can call Warrior over-powered.
    (0)

Out of curiosity what is your DD?
    (0)

Character
    Hohenheim
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Eh, WAR isn't any more overpowered as much as other jobs are underpowered IMO. Abyssea ruins all jobs that don't have a crit WS and semi-decent defense capabilities. Drg, Rng while having a crit WS, has no native defense capabilities, and in the case of ranger, no defense at all even when subbing nin/sam because you have to stop using ranged attacks, have a delay, then finally use the ability, all the while being beat senseless.

Poor Drk and the like doesn't even have a crit ws ftl >_>
    (0)

Player
    Look this and think again
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vybkARXCeCU

Whats your DD reason for existence.
    (0)

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    You put a well geared Monk there with Revenant Fists +2 or Verethragna and I can almost guarantee that they'll pull off a similar feat. The only reason he was keeping up with TP that quickly was because he had Retaliation up (at least, I believe he had Retaliation up), so that only would have worked if the mob was attacking him anyway. Every job that has a strong critical hit weaponskill (I say strong because there are weak early ones like Power Slash, Vorpal Scythe, etc) is going to do extremely well in Abyssea if they have Atma of the Razed Ruin.
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    That video doesn't look legitimate at all. It looks like a brew but the damage is way too low. That NM doesn't hit the player enough for that to be a 5 hit set up with retaliation procs to get back to back light like that unless he got really lucky on DA and retaliations. Count the number of hit's it doesn't really add up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orson; 03-08-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    That video doesn't look legitimate at all. It looks like a brew but the damage is way too low. That NM doesn't hit the player enough for that to be a 5 hit set up with retaliation procs to get back to back light like that unless he got really lucky on DA and retaliations. Count the number of hit's it doesn't really add up.
    I tried keeping up with the number of hits in the actual log rather than how many times he's shown swinging, but I do agree that the video does seem sketch. It's clear that he doesn't have a brew on because not only is his damage too low as you pointed out, but his HP is too low, he's taking too much damage from the hits that do land, and he's not recovering from the damage he's taking like you'd expect from the 500 hp/tic regen from a brew.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be faked in some way.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    regain/stp/conservTP atmas, cor sch monarch drink?
    nothing really impressive
    (0)

There's no way a Warrior can legitimately gain TP that fast.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast