Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    /w regain cor roll and sch spell war can easily do that ... w/ a 2-3/ attk gaxe they can do more but less flashy ws dmg. Its not the only job that can do this so well just the best 2handed job for it.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    A few things I think I should point out:
    1) There's almost no point where an OA2-4 weapon is a good idea for Warrior due to their high Double Attack rate.
    2) Warrior is a strong DD, but it comes with a big tradeoff. We may be marginally stronger than other DDs, but all our abilities that allow us to be so strong (Berserk, Hasso, Retaliation) either increase damage taken or do nothing to lower it. We don't do damage when we're dead.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He might be swinging where you cannot see it due from swinging after ws, hes blood tanking so hes prob getting retaliation hits. that damage is a bit low so his only DD atma may be RR with other atma for STP and such. even with just reading numbers I cannot read how meny times hes hitting that beween ws's.

I dont know how much STP you can get from atmas but you can push an Ukonvasara down to a 4 hit ( 3 hit +ws) Cor roll may be needed but Im not there to say if it was fake or he got x or y buff

anyways its not the job being overpowered its more of what empyreans can do in abyssea
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    you can 3hit with a cor and stupid atma choice, not good for real kill speed but fun to do troll video where you spam low dmg WSes.
    the video seems impressive because he chain WSes but I'm sure with good atma/buffs a machu+2 war can kill faster.

old stuff but i was way more impressed when i first saw the apoc drk burn video (before haste cap)
    (0)
    Last edited by hiko; 03-09-2011 at 07:07 PM.

It could have been infused with Ragain Atmas:

+5 TP/tick > Atma of the Sea Daughter
    +3 TP/tick > Atma of the Sundering Slash
    +2 TP/tick > Atma of the Voracious Violet

With these set he could have got 10 TP/tick per Hit, but the first Atma gives also a 13.3% Slow (at least seems so) so probably he just used a Monarch's Drink...
    (0)
    WAR DRK SAM NIN RDM BLU 90

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    While WAR has a very nice damage output, it balances out by having the defensive capabilities of a wet noodle.
    Heh, sorry I had to quote this because it made me laugh. It's so true, without /nin, War just doesn't have that well of a defense set up
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    WAR has equipment available to better defend itself, it's just annoying and almost useless to pursue. AF body +1 is one example.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    WAR has equipment available to better defend itself, it's just annoying and almost useless to pursue. AF body +1 is one example.
    ----------
    Well I have to disagree with you there friend, since I actually have a completed -50%PDT (includes a Trial -pdt GA) and an high evasion set (includes a Trial evasion GA) that I use for tanking quite effectively. I'm still working on the -50%MDT set, but right now I'm at around -30%MDT. I'm able to tank just about every NM in Abyssea (Tunga is still a pain in the ass for any tank though lol) just fine with the same support as any tank would on WAR.
    --------
    In response to Wade's comment, /sam is the only sub you need when it comes to tanking /nin cannot compare to all the wonderful perks you get from /sam in regards to tanking and DD'ing.
    (0)

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    In response to Wade's comment, /sam is the only sub you need when it comes to tanking /nin cannot compare to all the wonderful perks you get from /sam in regards to tanking and DD'ing.
    This is true, although I would rather tank SAM/NIN then Not sure at 90 but my Sam always outdid my War in Damage. I used to duo with WHM/BLM and SAM/NIN all the time. Third eye made a huge difference and I didn't think I WAR/NIN or even WAR/SAM would work as well.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm not sure if you're talking about dmg in Abyssea or outside Abyssea, but if your speaking of inside Abyssea I have yet to be out damaged by a SAM.
    -------
    Not saying they can't put up some very nice dmg numbers, but I haven't seen one do it any where near as fast and as heavy as a WAR could/should.
    SAM is a very powerful job, and I'm sure it's just that I haven't met a SAM DD master yet, but once you unlock a WARs speed and TP gain, the rest is just all raw ws dmg that is hard to beat IN/OUT of Abyssea. Not to metion that Sekkanoki forever changed WARs dmg output potential in ways a WAR could only have dreamed lol.
    ------
    In the end, I'd say tank in whatever fashion you're comfortable with
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast