Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't think so. Maybe if we got actual tiers of Double Attack (or even just ONE more, that could give WARs more of an edge on DA since it's THEIR trait) I could understand, but atm there's plenty of Double Attack out there for everyone to stack, and - while I don't consider DA to be the end-all do-all for WAR - every job has their own way to be successfully super-powered and there's plenty of DA to go around. I just figured WAR would get at least DA II for 20% or something at 80 or so. Been disappointed in the job here lately.
    (0)

Player
    Sounds fake but who knows
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Usukane View Post
    There's no way a Warrior can legitimately gain TP that fast.
    Potentially with like 5 hit build, capped 80% haste, the right meds/atma/rolls, etc. The thing is any way you look at it, as was mentioned before, many jobs can replicate that sort of thing. Video still looks off though.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    stupid gear/atma set but
    plaguebringer/persistant predator/ /sam rose WT brutal hoard rajas tactical goading , cor sam tactician perfect rolls make a 3hit
    conserv TP proc can bring it to 2hit
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What dribble this is >.> (I knew I should've posted the 1st post early this morning), and it sucks that this crappy post is the 1st thing you see on the new WAR thread. Go complain on whatever thread your too weak Job is and leave this area for us "Well Deserved, Hard Working DDs". We WARs deserve every bit of God Mode dmg we push out in Abyssea.
    Dude if you're complaining about Abyssea Dmg, you fail. SE designed the place to be a "God Mode" for all dmg types, so your concerns are moot. Do some research on Atmas, and learn how to boost your dmg better. My dual-boxed WHM tarutaru can easily clear 2k dmg with Hexa Strike in Abyssea, and that's with just Razed Ruin Alone(Not including a Brew).
    The video looks doctored, and definitely is showing an example of a SUPER too weak WAR in Abyssea. He's using a Walk of Echos GA and is only clearing 2k'ish dmg??!! Complete rubbish. The Emp. GA ws easily clears 3-5k dmg in Abyssea and that's without even being a "Well geared" WAR.
    Sorry if I come off a little irritated, but the last thing I wanted to see on this official WAR thread is a whinny note to SE about trying to power down a WAR /sigh. We have 9 more lvls to go and you're concerned about overpowering?? /toss
    (1)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Overpowerful isn't a word.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Overpowerful isn't a word.
    The thread maker's first language obviously isn't English. And overpowerful is much better than some of the words I hear native English speakers come up with... like "whatnot".
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I love using the word "whatnot"
    example: "Yeah, i gotta go pay bills, get gas, and whatnot so I'll call ya later." ^^
    ---
    Overpowerful... Some words just sound like they should be real words... but then again we're using it in reference to a fantasy world lol. There's a dozen words/terms that folks in FFXI use that would make absolutely no sense to anyone in the real world lol. "Dual-boxing", "Power Leveling", "/Facepalm" etc. but we all understand what people are trying to say lol
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i think warrior SHOULD be the most powerful Weapon melee job in the game, just like monk should be the most powerful hand to hand, blm the strongest nuker, whm the strongest healer.... this logic is nothing new to the game. what SE fails at is giving each role a desirable niche in every party. look at wow for example, there is no clear " we want this class over this class" youll have disc priests who are specialized in single target heals, youll have shamans who are specialized in a balance between single target and aoe, and youll have druids who are specialized in AOE. this games only issue is the lack of a niche for each job. WAR WHM BLM MNK BRD COR THF are pretty much the only jobs with a rock solid niche.
    (0)
    Last edited by hideka; 03-09-2011 at 07:27 AM.

Character
    Cett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's rather simple given proper buffs/gear/atma to build a 4-hit for Ukonvasara or any gaxe with higher delay. We are unsure of the jobs in this war's pt. I am rather confident I could repeat the results of the video without much problem.

Hasso + dual march + haste pair'd with retaliation for the swings to build tp.
    Matched with this equip(Rose Strap + Rajas Ring+ Goading Belt + Brutal Earring + Hoard Ring + AF3+2 Body) combined with Atma of the Scorpion Queen and a 2,9,10, or 11 Samurai's Roll creates a 4 hit build.

This should solve your mystery of how he's weapon skilling so frequently... as for the remaining questions I lost interest.
    (0)
    Woodworking - 100 + Other stuff
    Bravura 95
    Ukonvasara 90
    Hvergelmir 85

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast