Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Multikills with Zantetsuken are only counting as one kill for Patrol: Sih Gates

Platform: Windows
    ISP: ATT Uverse
    Type of Internet Connection: Wireless
    Internet Connection Speed: 54Mbps
    Date & Time: July 10, 18:40 CDT
    Frequency: Once
    Character Name: Edyth
    Race: HumeF
    World: Quetzalcoalt
    Main Job: SMN Lv.99
    Support Job: WHM
    Area and Coordinates: Sih Gates, near zone to Foret de Hennetiel's Frontier Station
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Malodorous Twitherym x2
    Steps:
    1. Accept the assignment "Patrol: Sih Gates" from the Peacekeepers' Coalition.
    2. Cast Odin on two unclaimed Malodorous Twitherym that are getting very friendly with each other (i.e., coincidentally very close to each other and begging for a visit from Odin)
    3. Cast Odin and kill them both because you're badass.
    4. Notice that you got EXP from both, but only one of them counted for the quest (log says "1/5")
    Please check Patrol: Rala Waterways and Patrol: Moh Gates for the same issue.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is probably an issue with the fact that only one of the mobs was actually claimed and had an action performed on it. I've run into this problem in abyssea when I one-shot an unclaimed and unagroed mob with a spell. I receive xp but do not receive azure light (and yes this is on mobs capable of giving azure light).
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    When charged whiskering, i only get 1 azure light kill added when i kill 20 mobs in one spell. Also on magian trials where you need to use 400 WSes on this mob doin a aoe WS will only give one point. (it might not be that trial but i know there is onemagian trial where you only get one point for aeo WS. might be aoe WS kills I cant remember)
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In abyssea, unclaimed monsters that are being one-shot will not give lights of any kind. As far as I know, that's always been the case.

So I guess the same goes for the OP's issue, the 2nd mob was unclaimed and then one-shot, thus not counting towards kill total.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.