Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darklordsidius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Suspended for reporting gil sellers?

My friend reported gil sellers sending her /t, advertising their website. She reported them to GM and 15 minutes later she is suspended!

WTH is SE doing?

She gets message KB article 52808 when she tries to sign in.

Does SE have a phone number to call any more?
    (1)
    It is a quiet thing to fall..... but it is far more terrible to admit it!

Character
    Eijj
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They do, gota google it.
    (0)

Character
    Darklordsidius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    why would they do that?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

darklordsidius,

I imagine it to be highly unlikely, if not nigh impossible without a mistake, that they would suspend a user for that reason.

In fact, the mentioned knowledge base article claims that the account has been suspended temporarily due to being in process of account recovery or game data recovery due to unauthorized access by a third party.

The article provides a possible solution to speeding up the removal of the suspension as well.
    EU Knowledge Base Article: 52808
    • http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=52808&ret=main&id=455&la=2&pv=20
    NA Knowledge Base Article: 52808
    • http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=52808&ret=main&id=20&la=1&pv=20

In any case, the contact methods can be discovered beyond the following links:

EU
    • http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=455&la=2
    NA
    • http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1

Just some thoughts~
    Good luck ! !! !
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Darklordsidius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I find it highly suspicious that she reported a gil seller that was sending /t and 15mins later she is suspended. we were just farming lizards in abyssea misereaux for ferine boots from gold boxes, all night long. We play together every single day and have done so since 2008. She always reports gil sellers, but last night was just too weird because she didn't even get a standard reply last night when normally she does get a GM message in the help desk. in stead, she got kicked out of game with suspension.
    (0)

Does she do this often? if so, I'd wager it could have been "Spamming of the GM Help Service", Which is a No-no. Does she actually read the auto-response? In most cases they tell you to report any and all RMT related/Hacking/botting/etc Activities to the Special Task Force on the official website. They only ever send an "Auto-Response" when its a "We can't help you, go here" situation anyway.

So, When they repeatedly send you message saying "Stop telling us about RMT, use the STF Website", and she continues to spam mass reports over and over, They probably look at it as Spamming the GM Service which is a suspend-able offense.

Not that I'm calling you out or anything, But this is probably the most logical reason. I'm 99% sure theres a section about the GM Service somewhere in the ToS and repeatedly blowing them up over things that they can't do anything about will get you in troubles.

If she doesn't do this often, then IDK, She might have been suspended for something else...
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I might bet on the fact that one can not get suspended because of reporting RMT activity via the in-game feature.

That would be be quite silly indeed!

I tend to report them myself, still. Usually they wont get past the 'messages considered as spam' filter (which I have disabled for one character and enabled on another just for this purpose).

I just can't see them going: “Oh, goddess, can this player not stop 'spamming' us with the RMT reports already... I know! Let's ban them!” They should at least personally ask you to stop doing something like that before they'd suspend anyone. And I can't see even that making any sense whatsoever.
    I certainly don't work for the company, but I think it's quite safe to say that, that's not how it works.

The most previous reply in—game that I can remember would be something like: “Thanks for the report! Make sure to use the filterthingy and be sure to report cases where the spam gets through that!”

Perhaps it's a coincidence that the user's account got 'flagged' for the whatever third-party access, or someone reported it happening, I can only guess. I believe all there is to do, is for the user to use the Support Centre/Center to contact the Customer Service (either via the mentioned KB article, or the other contact methods).

Anyblue, one is not likely to get any sort of an official reply here (other than go use the Support Centre/Center), as they do not deal with account/billing related issues in the open, at all.

Best of luck to the user in question!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Hello darklordsidius,

We appreciate that you've brought this matter to our attention. I can see how this would be concerning for your friend after having placed a helpdesk ticket to report a violation.

We are interested in assisting your friend regarding the status of their account. However, in order to assist your friend, we would need to gather their account information which is not possible on the forum.

If possible, please have your friend contact our Support Center for further information about their account. They can be reached at support.na.square-enix.com and by clicking on FINAL FANTASY XI > Contact > Get Support. After following the directions, they can speak to a representative about their account.

I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you and your friend, and wish you both the best of luck!

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

Character
    Marianka
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The mail above means you can't do anything. US support seems to be only interested in harassing customers. A friend of mine sent his ID TWICE to SE. The reason for banning changed three times (on the same ban) and the people who banned him (by accident) refused to admit their mistakes.

I watched his correspondence and if something like that happens to me I will format my HD before going through this frustrating procedure.

Basically they are always right and helping you means "more work for them" so it wont happen.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Qeepel View Post
    Hello darklordsidius,

We appreciate that you've brought this matter to our attention. I can see how this would be concerning for your friend after having placed a helpdesk ticket to report a violation.

We are interested in assisting your friend regarding the status of their account. However, in order to assist your friend, we would need to gather their account information which is not possible on the forum.

If possible, please have your friend contact our Support Center for further information about their account. They can be reached at support.na.square-enix.com and by clicking on FINAL FANTASY XI > Contact > Get Support. After following the directions, they can speak to a representative about their account.

I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you and your friend, and wish you both the best of luck!

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    This actually really puts a smile on my face, a good one not a sarcastic one... They heard this and are actively offering a means to fix it. Thank you Mr GM, and to the OP, I hope your Friend gets this resolved.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast