Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    For ten years they gave minor upgrades as rewards for doing enormous time sink material. You are full of crap. People are out fighting over D rings for a 4% decrease in damage over dark rings. They don't need weapons with 300% more damage than the average guy to keep them playing.
    300% more damage? Which weapon are you comparing oatixur to?

Edit: And people who give up because something is more challenging than they originally anticipated disgust me. I don't shy away from a challenge. Why do you? I play the game because it challenges me. Do you play the game because it's as easy as watching a movie? Why not watch a movie then?
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 07-26-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post

Edit: And people who give up because something is more challenging than they originally anticipated disgust me. I don't shy away from a challenge. Why do you? I play the game because it challenges me. Do you play the game because it's as easy as watching a movie? Why not watch a movie then?
    Do you play to have all your accomplishments set aside while the mouth-breathers you have to rely upon fail over and over and over and over to do even the easiest of tasks?

I know that's my idea of entertainment. Nothing makes me happier than going to an event with the clear intention of loosing every single time.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 07-26-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Player

Not exactly 300%, its 10 DMG short of it, its more around 280% than 300%, but the point is, vastly more powerful.
    (3)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Do you play to have all your accomplishments set aside while the mouthbreathers you have to reply upon fail over and over and over and over to do even the easiest of tasks?

I know that's my idea of entertainment. Nothing makes me happier than going to an event with the clear intention of loosing every single time.
    I will resist the urge to correct your spelling beyond this condescending statement I'm currently making.

If you're going into delve, and you expect to win, you have an unrealistic expectation. Even after beating Tojil, we still lose often. The enjoyment comes not from the win. The shame comes not from the loss. It comes from how well you personally did, and how well the team worked together. I made a horrible mistake in Foret today, and called the monks to cancel formless far too early on craklaw, which cost us ridiculous amounts of time. But we learned from my mistake, and with luck we won't make it again.

But the point is you need a group, and you need to work with that group. If you're constantly calling everyone an idiot, no one will ever respect anything you say. So stop goddamned implying that your server is full of douchebags and idiots, and DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE. Maybe it'll take you a month to get a Tojil kill (which would be faster than it took me). Maybe longer. Who cares? Just play the goddamned game. Advance your character one way or the other. Find people who suffer from the same problems you suffer from and team up with them. That's the whole goddamned point of MMOs.
    (8)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post

Not exactly 300%, its 10 DMG short of it, its more around 280% than 300%, but the point is, vastly more powerful.
    I love that you were mentioning what an average guy was capable of, then compared 99 spharai to oatixur, but ok, I'm up for the challenge.

That's DMG+, not DMG. I'm sure you already understand this, but for the people reading this who don't:

H2H damage is based on not only the damage of your weapon, but also your H2H skill. (Skillx0.11)+3+H2H weapon bonus is your actual damage. At level 99, a monk has 424 H2H skill (excluding merits and gear). This is a little bit less than 50 base damage. That means spharai has 102 base damage (86 delay), and oatixur has 196 base damage (96 delay).

It's not 300%. It's not even 200%. And compare it to something which takes less effort than spharai. Ninza with 61 base damage (after aug). Or heck, Tlalpoloani(with no aug required). Or heck, Spharai 99 (after they finally get around to patching it).

Or better yet, compare it to something which any person who trolls the server shouts long enough can get: rigors. 151 base damage vs 196 base damage. 130% the damage. Not 300%.
    (2)

Player
    I will resist the urge to correct your spelling beyond this condescending statement I'm currently making.

If you're going into delve, and you expect to win, you have an unrealistic expectation. Even after beating Tojil, we still lose often. The enjoyment comes not from the win. The shame comes not from the loss. It comes from how well you personally did, and how well the team worked together. I made a horrible mistake in Foret today, and called the monks to cancel formless far too early on craklaw, which cost us ridiculous amounts of time. But we learned from my mistake, and with luck we won't make it again.

But the point is you need a group, and you need to work with that group. If you're constantly calling everyone an idiot, no one will ever respect anything you say. So stop goddamned implying that your server is full of douchebags and idiots, and DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE. Maybe it'll take you a month to get a Tojil kill (which would be faster than it took me). Maybe longer. Who cares? Just play the goddamned game. Advance your character one way or the other. Find people who suffer from the same problems you suffer from and team up with them. That's the whole goddamned point of MMOs.
    I'm already wasting hours on end playing the game in general, I don't enjoy wasting more time than necessary, (attempting) anything. You either do it, and you succeed, or you don't bother doing it.

There is no attempt. There is no "oh, we'll win next time". No, you're wasting MY time, on something I'm already wasting time on. That's a double no-no.

I play to enjoy the wasted time on my terms, not failing miserably because some retard can't properly count to seven for the matamata. It's just absurd.

Being forced to rely on other people, regardless of how competent they are is a no-no as well.

No one would willingly choose to do an 18 man version of Delve if an equal scaled down version existed for a 6 man or even 3 man team. Legion is a prime example, NO ONE (one exception... let's not name him) claimed to take the 36 possible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 07-26-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm already wasting hours on end playing the game in general, I don't enjoy wasting more time than necessary, (attempting) anything. You either do it, and you succeed, or you don't bother doing it.

There is no attempt. There is no "oh, we'll win next time". No, you're wasting MY time, on something I'm already wasting time on. That's a double no-no.

I play to enjoy the wasted time on my terms, not failing miserably because some retard can't properly count to seven for the matamata. It's just absurd.
    So do not tolerate that retard. Find a player who can count to 7. Or teach that retard to count to 7. Or count for him (fight other NMs near him, but keep track of what the mata is doing). Find a path to success. That's how we did it, even with sub-optimal players in the group.

Recognize the problem, then find a solution. You've accomplished step 1, now start working on step 2.

Edit:
    Being forced to rely on other people, regardless of how competent they are is a no-no as well.

No one would willingly choose to do an 18 man version of Delve if an equal scaled down version existed for a 6 man or even 3 man team. Legion is a prime example, NO ONE (one exception... let's not name him) claimed to take the 36 possible.
    Yes, being forced to rely on how well your healer can pay attention is a bitch, is it not? So if you're duoing something, and your healer is afk, you're screwed. If you're in an 18-man group, and your healer is afk, hopefully some other person will pick up the slack. That's the advantage and complexity of group play. Or a small portion of it, anyways.

If you want to rely only on your own skill, by all means, rely only on your own skills. If you want to be part of a group, play an MMO.
    (4)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 07-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Player
    hopefully
    LOL. Hopefully, that's... hilarious.

If it were easy to find 17 people who could count to seven, I wouldn't have made this thread. I've literally watched more than 100 "attempts" to defeat that SOLOABLE mata-mata fail. That straight up tells me, people just plain suck. There is no remedy. The only option is to make the shit fail-proof.

I hate to keep bringing it back to that one specific enemy, there are MANY other issues, it's just pants on head retarded how bad people can be, with that as the utmost obvious example.

And you're still wasting time "training" people, screw that, "Ain't nobody got time for that".
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 07-26-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If it were easy to find 17 people who could count to seven, I wouldn't have made this thread. I've literally watched more than 100 "attempts" to defeat that SOLOABLE mata-mata fail. That straight up tells me, people just plain suck. There is no remedy. The only option is to make the shit fail-proof.

I hate to keep bringing it back to that one specific enemy, there are MANY other issues, it's just pants on head retarded how bad people can be, with that as the utmost obvious example.

And you're still wasting time "training" people, screw that, "Ain't nobody got time for that".
    You are not "wasting" time training people. You're making an investment. I had time for it. Roughly 16 people in my linkshell, 20 people in the linkshell we team up with, and probably about 24 people in the linkshell whom I originally teamed up with had time for it. And there's probably way more people who would want to be part of this if they knew about it. And this is just NA Fenrir.

You could have gotten into a group to kill Tojil, Karah. You said it yourself. You just didn't want to be a part of their group.
    (3)

Player
    I could've won multiple times, indeed, people ask me daily to go. I'd rather never get the wins than compromise the little integrity I do have (even if it's only virtual).

Sorry, but, I believe people should learn how to play on their own. No one showed me/taught me/held my hand 10 years ago when I picked this up and got my ass kicked by enemies that I had no ability to kill. I learned on my own. They should do the same, if you want hand holding, there's always my little pony.

There were no guides. No wiki or BG, just lolalla and somepage at some point. The amount of information out there on this game is neigh infinite. But the laziness of people is staggering.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 07-26-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast