Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Well, see, I was here first (wah wah) I'm not going to pay to change servers.

PLUS retardation is rampant, it's not just my server, everyone has them, I'm not even asking to fix the players, nor to force them to play better.

Just make the content able for them to do it. yeah, a few of (us) are able to beat the new content, the 99% aren't.

What's more logical, please the 1% or the 99%... I'm in the 1% and I still advocate for the 99% /altruism.

Content should be for \everybody/ at all times. Not some of the people some of the time.
    I understand your frustration with /shout runs, but that dates back to O-hat days with wipes and the classic "I've got my Ohat now, ty, and theres 14 more pops to go, but my dog just started dying infront of me and I'm taking him to the vet /insert bs bail story" so by the time its your pop theres like three ppl left. Shout runs always had a potentially high fail rate and low quality gameplay.
    I disagree with you on the 99% of ppl can't play end game content with skill & effectiveness. What you should also remember about delve is that theres a lot of veteran players who genuinely gave up on this type of randomised VW type event, and others who disagree in principle with luck-obtained weapons that are outside of the normal damage spectrum by such a huge degree. They are capable players but they don't want to do Delve, the LS I'm on has five such people and I'm sure theres more.
    I agree that there is a general lowering of gaming proficiency in the game, but a lot of the delve /sh problem is that many veteran players don't want to know at all.
    (3)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-16-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Player
    I just don't understand how so many people are perfectly happy with the do nothing stance.

Eh just wait, i'm happy wasting time and money while they f*ck things up, they'll fix it eventually.

The forums are here specifically to let them know when they're making mistakes. It's our responsibility to tell them when things suck. It's stupid to just go with it and wait patiently when its NOT working properly.
    (4)

Character
    Yummypie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People are unskilled -> easy game content or make hard game content and hope people will get better? Chicken and Egg problem. You lose a few eggs when you turn them into chicken and some chicken never give you any eggs. If you make content too easy for everyone to do then it will be like VW. People would not gain high skill levels and FFXI will end up with lots of easy content and quickly become stale. Making hard content then you get the current problem of only a few privileged people get the reward (and sell them) while everyone else just quit the game.

I have been playing FFXI for quite a while and I notice that the fastest way for a person to become good at FFXI is to play in a 3-6 person party setup and read through guides and forums. It's very slow pace in a 3-6 person party so you can experiment some ideas or try something different than what you are currently doing. As long as you aren't too lazy and wish to improve, skills do get better over time. However, most people don't read guides or forum and have to rely on other people to tell them. Most people hate being told what to do "What is this guy?" "Why do I have to listen to this person?" "I am good as it is"

FFXI doesn't have any guides incorporate into the game itself so people are perfectly clueless on how to play.
    (0)

Player
    The forums are here specifically to let them know when they're making mistakes. It's our responsibility to tell them when things suck.
    People are happy with the do nothing stance because by now I think most people have gotten the idea that what we want or think doesn't matter, and that to the player base any disagreements with how things are going is nothing but a bunch of whining. It makes giving feedback to anything SE does seem & feel fairly pointless, after all, the player base just jumps you for it, and the devs just ignore you, so what's the point?
    (5)

Player
    If you do nothing, nothing gets done.

If you do something, nothing may still get done, but at least make the effort.

Nothing can never lead to anything. But something could someday lead to something.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The thing I find most entertaining is that the person who complains the loudest about everyone else being incompetent is usually the least competent person in the group.

You've confirmed that at least 3 linkshells on your server are capable of doing it, but you refuse to join them due to douchebaggery. These events are not too hard to be allowed in the game. They're too hard for you to beat when you create artificial requirements for you to beat them under.
    (8)

Player
    Not to hard for (me) at all. Too hard for the people that I would be (required) to do them with, totally.

If you think I can't hit ctrl1 better than most, well, you're simply mistaken.

Integrity > Gear.
    (2)

stuff
    Dislike
    (6)

Can we just do something even better and finally ban Karah? It's well known he's an insufferable, irritating, curt asshole. He doesn't care about being in a multiplayer game and having fun with other people, he just wants to make himself look like this awesome player that can do anything by his own efforts.

What? There's something you have to get help from other people in a massively-multiplayer online game to do? What a surprise. It's like you've been brought down to everyone else's level.

Maybe instead of going on a hate-filled, "nerf-everything-because-everyone's-an-idiot" rant, why don't you start helping the newer players get used to the game. Offer constructive criticism and advice. You won't get what you want by insulting the playerbase and trying to place yourself above them.
    (13)
    Last edited by Deadvinta; 07-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Fantastic read, entertaining.
    (5)

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast