Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Character
    Bloodbeat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I understand boss difficulty is based on gear strength, but again, you don't need Boss drops to get Boss drops. Why would you ascribe the motivation to SE to make the Bosses stupidly strong to give people with boss drops a challenge? I don't think SE much cares how often the people with boss drops spam the same fight. They designed the fight to be completed only with the best gear from the tier directly below. If the Bosses all of a sudden dropped 1% upgrade items, the people in the next tier below would still have the same difficulties. That's the point I was trying to make when I said that the more valid complaint is not the rewards one gets from the events, but the difficulty being tweaked too high for most people.

The "design content to be uncompleted by some people" has been going on for years in this game and other games (Elite raids, etc.), except it was also masqueraded as a grind in this game. Not everyone wanted to grind out a Relic till it became snooze-worthily easy. Not everyone wanted to grind out a Mythic. Not everyone wanted to 99 an Emp. Not everyone wanted to camp an HNM for a 36 hour window, or even a 3 hour window for that matter. The difference here now is that every event can be technically "accessed," just not able to be completed by 100% of the game population.
    And that's fine if you don't want your business/product/service to be financially viable.
    There's no escaping the reality that the game's player population is shrinking, and while you can attribute that to the age of the game, you have to view new content as attempts at propagating the population. If your content cannot guarantee significant retention of the player base then it is a failure and needs to be addressed.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    COR strikes me as an easy support option that can be leveled and geared minimally very quickly. Between COR and GEO, that's up to 4 potential spots in a Delve mega boss alliance that can be taken from level 1 to serviceable pretty easily.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    You claimed capped skill and burning stacks of bullets are required to clear delve boss on COR, when 90% of COR no longer DD in delve, nor use DD COR in delve boss setup. Your info was completely incorrect and probably more ridiculous than getting into pt through connections on naked COR. Stop giving misleading info.
    I'm not giving misleading info. You are. Maybe you like to bring people like that to your events. Good for you. The rest of the world wants someone who knows wtf they are doing and showing up without af3+2 and not being able to hit the side of a barn isn't showing them that you know wtf you're doing.
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodbeat View Post
    And that's fine if you don't want your business/product/service to be financially viable.
    There's no escaping the reality that the game's player population is shrinking, and while you can attribute that to the age of the game, you have to view new content as attempts at propagating the population. If your content cannot guarantee significant retention of the player base then it is a failure and needs to be addressed.
    I actually don't disagree with anything you said, and I think you said it very well. But as has been said in this and other threads, MMORPG devs also have to design new content to cater to both the "hardcore" and "casual" playerbases. This expansion has attempted to cater to both. You could argue they failed in their attempt to cater to the "casual" playerbase, and I think many here would agree with you. But in the end, each contingent has to be programmed toward.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I'm not giving misleading info. You are. Maybe you like to bring people like that to your events. Good for you. The rest of the world wants someone who knows wtf they are doing and showing up without af3+2 and not being able to hit the side of a barn isn't showing them that you know wtf you're doing.
    Unless you're doing fast cast rolls on yourself, or for some reason you're using regain(I see 0 reason to use it in delve though), AF3+2 set is nearly useless except hands for PR extention...and guess what, you can just roll again if your roll wears that you don't need it at all.

And I never say I like to invite ppl doesn't know shit about delve. I only been saying none of the gear/skill on COR makes huge difference on winning and losing, unlike every other delve jobs, that someone with proper playing skill and naked COR can contribute at least 80% of well geared COR with capped skill.

Not sure why you brought up NIN and MNK, when both jobs aren't roll/haste/na whore.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    COR strikes me as an easy support option that can be leveled and geared minimally very quickly. Between COR and GEO, that's up to 4 potential spots in a Delve mega boss alliance that can be taken from level 1 to serviceable pretty easily.
    GEO needs to cap skill to function properly, COR doesn't ._. This job is even easier than GEO ._.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Unless you're doing fast cast rolls on yourself, or for some reason you're using regain(I see 0 reason to use it in delve though), AF3+2 set is nearly useless except hands for PR extention...and guess what, you can just roll again if your roll wears that you don't need it at all.

And I never say I like to invite ppl doesn't know shit about delve. I only been saying none of the gear/skill on COR makes huge difference on winning and losing, unlike every other delve jobs, that someone with proper playing skill and naked COR can contribute at least 80% of well geared COR with capped skill.
    Fact remains. You will not be getting in any shells or PUGS based on an ungeared, unskilled job.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Phantom Rolls require no skill, just a minimal gil investment (because let's face it, like 80% of the rolls are never used) and if you want to be cool, a few merits + pieces of gear to enhance them.

I've gotten into many events on COR without even a gun equipped. People want CORs that will maintain (good) buffs; they don't give a crap about your marksmanship skill. If COR is ever doing a significant amount of damage in an alliance, said alliance has some serious problems. (The one obvious exception is against Naakuals.)
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well the land of the azure underwear is kinda upset that Delve is "easy mode" and that

we have gone back to abyssea easy mode almost pnly need now to slap 2k HP on top of DDs and refresh to mages... god its so depresseing :/

And you wonder whether it's the dev's or the players that are screwing the community over.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23